06 Esmark?

20 hours ago, dazedandconfused said:

Okay, so it's back. They should have a fine season in PAHL A-Major Black, possibly the pre-season favorite.

OH I get what you are saying. Wouldn't want to pay AAA fees for PAHL A-Major Black placement.  Can't wait to see how it all turns out at the end of next year.

On 6/3/2021 at 12:44 PM, Hockey22 said:

That is a large assumption on your part and 100% inaccurate. 

Just clarifying, so there will be an 05 Icemen team this year? Are they carding tier 1 or 2?

On 6/6/2021 at 8:53 AM, Loach said:

Just clarifying, so there will be an 05 Icemen team this year? Are they carding tier 1 or 2?

They should declare Tier II, all the Icemen teams should declare Tier II.   Until they actually start beating the better AA teams that end up ranked higher than them in the final rankings, why would you play Tier I?   Possibly for a money grab by the ownership? I would think you would want to start with having/creating a solid foundation in Tier II then make a move to Tier I.  

1 hour ago, 3 Boys said:

They should declare Tier II, all the Icemen teams should declare Tier II.   Until they actually start beating the better AA teams that end up ranked higher than them in the final rankings, why would you play Tier I?   Possibly for a money grab by the ownership? I would think you would want to start with having/creating a solid foundation in Tier II then make a move to Tier I.  

Perhaps because the Yeti are there?

At this point, you have to know what you are in for at Icemen.  There is lots of info out there and you only need to ask someone with older players. I can't even feel bad for people playing there any more. Have fun storming the castle.

On 6/7/2021 at 11:31 AM, Saucey said:

Perhaps because the Yeti are there?

At this point, you have to know what you are in for at Icemen.  There is lots of info out there and you only need to ask someone with older players. I can't even feel bad for people playing there any more. Have fun storming the castle.

Somehow this organization found enough qualified AAA players in the area to not only field one U16 team but are fielding two.  Amazing.......

• ROTF 1
  • Epic 1
  • Barf 1

On 6/8/2021 at 9:11 PM, Boomer said:

Somehow this organization found enough qualified AAA players in the area to not only field one U16 team but are fielding two.  Amazing.......

I think that is possibly a typo mistake, I believe the 16U team listed under Dean (coach) is actually the 15U team.  But who knows.  I just know the definitely do not have enough qualified AAA players there, possibly a few.   More than likely those teams will still be ranked in the bottom 5%-10% of Tier I.  I know the 18U team will definitely be down there considering who made the team. 

49 minutes ago, 3 Boys said:

I think that is possibly a typo mistake, I believe the 16U team listed under Dean (coach) is actually the 15U team.  But who knows.  I just know the definitely do not have enough qualified AAA players there, possibly a few.   More than likely those teams will still be ranked in the bottom 5%-10% of Tier I.  I know the 18U team will definitely be down there considering who made the team. 

Probably a tier 2 team and can't be U15 in Tier 2,

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2021 at 8:51 PM, PUCKCOVID19 said:

Last I checked ALL kids are going to end up in the same place ( beer league). so what's it really matter if someone wants to play a more competitive schedule, 2-3 ice slots a week all season, and has numerous friends on the team. Who cares, are you writing the checks? So many act like this or that team blah blah blah. BUT maybe the families there, its a fit for them and their happy with the coaching.......       

Not to mention their numbers where better then the Preds AAA, Lebo AAA, and Veng AAA....... so they must be doing something right ? They had more supply and demand then any of those other 3 teams........

Their numbers were up because they were the LAST organization to hold tryouts, lol.

On 6/28/2021 at 12:30 PM, 3 Boys said:

Exactly.

So strictly U15 Tier 1 AAA teams in SW PA made up of just 06 players are Pens Elite, SHAHA, Vengenance, Preds and maybe Icemen. Am I missing any?

It is my understanding that there is no Tier 2 U15 division. Is that correct?  Why would any organization playing in Tier 2 want to field a team of all 06 players then?  Just trying to understand all this.  Thanks in advance.

32 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

So strictly U15 Tier 1 AAA teams in SW PA made up of just 06 players are Pens Elite, SHAHA, Vengenance, Preds and maybe Icemen. Am I missing any?

It is my understanding that there is no Tier 2 U15 division. Is that correct?  Why would any organization playing in Tier 2 want to field a team of all 06 players then?  Just trying to understand all this.  Thanks in advance.

image.png.d65686fd18a26d97c9032660033aa560.png

On 6/23/2021 at 1:28 PM, sadday4hockey said:

No, it means everyone that wasn't placed on one of these teams.

SHAHA

Vengeance

Preds

Esmark

Renegades

North Pitt

Am I forgetting any 06 teams?

Most of the Icemen kids probably had no chance for Vengeance or SHAHA.  The NP 06 team from last year lost half their kids due to low 05 numbers and 2 kids made Vengeance, right?  Esmark fell apart.   So, you are left with the Renegades and the Preds.  Preds haven't had much luck with their 06 team for a few years.  Allegheny has a nice 06 team.  Artic Foxes were a train wreck.  

But regardless, are those kids supposed to stay with a PAHL team that they don't want to be on?  We all know that would be a train wreck.  Most of the people that I know that have gone to the Icemen have had a positive experience.

The blame really lies with some of the PAHL organizations for not getting their act together.  If they had those kids wouldn't be heading to the Icemen.

2 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

There is no U15 in USAH Tier 2.  Organizations do it to market to the parents that think it is better.

Tier 1 added U15 to help with the scouting/recruiting.  That is the year when legitimate junior and college programs are making decisions.

On 6/30/2021 at 2:43 PM, dazedandconfused said:

Icemen - wouldn't qualify for PAHL playoffs but hey, it's worth that 3rd A isn't it

So true,  Icemen teams can't even beat high ranked AA teams so how can you call yourself AAA?

On 7/2/2021 at 9:46 AM, 3 Boys said:

So true,  Icemen teams can't even beat high ranked AA teams so how can you call yourself AAA?

Why is everyone bashing Icemen?  They are what they are and anyone who plays for the organization obviously knows what they are getting themselves into.  Unless you live under a rock, you know the caliber of their teams and the ir track record.

3 hours ago, hockey57410 said:

Why is everyone bashing Icemen?  They are what they are and anyone who plays for the organization obviously knows what they are getting themselves into.  Unless you live under a rock, you know the caliber of their teams and the ir track record.

Agree.  These are kids and parents who do not want to be on a regular PAHL team and a willing to spend the money.  Good for them.  

1 hour ago, Jack Handey said:

Did you mean to say "Good for me"?

Might have been poorly worded.  But, if they want to join the Icemen, great.  Everyone has to pick a team that they will be happy playing for.  Hockey is a long season.  Kind of tough if you aren't happy with the team, coach, etc. 

25 minutes ago, twoboys said:

Might have been poorly worded.  But, if they want to join the Icemen, great.  Everyone has to pick a team that they will be happy playing for.  Hockey is a long season.  Kind of tough if you aren't happy with the team, coach, etc. 

I agree here.  I know a kid who wasn't happy with his placement on his PAHL team, he would have basically played in the same tier as last year and he was certainly undeserving of his placement.  He caught on with one of the local AAA teams and is obviously happy about the challenge.  I do know that he wouldn't have left his PAHL team if the org would have just placed him appropriately to begin with.  In this case, it wasn't about chasing the extra A, it was about getting the right challenge for his skill set.  

Edited by Ihearthockey

35 minutes ago, Ihearthockey said:

I agree here.  I know a kid who wasn't happy with his placement on his PAHL team, he would have basically played in the same tier as last year and he was certainly undeserving of his placement.  He caught on with one of the local AAA teams and is obviously happy about the challenge.  I do know that he wouldn't have left his PAHL team if the org would have just placed him appropriately to begin with.  In this case, it wasn't about chasing the extra A, it was about getting the right challenge for his skill set.  

Sometimes by 'not being properly placed' the child works more where they do land. My kid was put on a waiting list one season and never had a crappy try out after that again. Once was enough, that lesson was learned.

It's not always a bad thing to be cut or whatever. Sometimes you do a child more harm than good by not letting them figure out how to come back from a 'fail'. Some of them need that kick in the pants. And if you are a bubble player, those are always harder to place.

Anyway, sounds like it worked out for him in the long run.