'Low level' AAA' grow the game?

12 minutes ago, 3 Boys said:

Yes! Crazy, he is so bad, slow, weak, and plays with his head down but yet because his mom is sniffing the, well you know what body part, of the management the kid will get picked no matter what.   I can understand if he was even an ok player including the politics but that is not the case.

Does he get a lot of playing time too? 

12 minutes ago, forbin said:

Does he get a lot of playing time too? 

Yes,  He even got lots of Powerplay/Penalty Kill time last year and the powerplay gave up more short handed goals than goals scored.  It was truly sad.  The problem was the skating (especially for this kid) , alot of those kids could not keep up with the speed of the better, or I should say true AAA teams.

Edited by 3 Boys

42 minutes ago, Lifelongbender said:

Not to mention calling an underage player out in all but name. That's pretty shameful, in my view.

Totally agree, those posts should probably be looked at by @Paul Baxter,  but it does a raise a valid point about favoritism and the extra curricular stuff that goes on when fielding teams. Players shouldn't be picked simply because of their parents involvement in the organization. 

7 minutes ago, forbin said:

Totally agree, those posts should probably be looked at by @Paul Baxter,  but it does a raise a valid point about favoritism and the extra curricular stuff that goes on when fielding teams. Players shouldn't be picked simply because of their parents involvement in the organization. 

Welcome to the real world!!!!  It's OK to bash the Pens Elite program though?  I take everything on here that calls out and criticizes other people with a huge grain of salt.   Someone always has an axe to grind or feels that their kid was treated unfairly.  It's most often the vocal minority.

Organization bashing is 99% of this site, of course its okay.  They all play favorites. Shouldn't be like that though. And if a certain player is noticeably much worse than the rest as mentioned in the pervious posts, he absolutely shouldn't make a roster spot simply because of his mom.

On 6/1/2021 at 3:51 PM, sadday4hockey said:

We all have one person and one person only to thank for this "Elite" mess. He seems to be very well versed at making a mess of things too. You can include the current state of youth hockey in Pittsburgh along with the current state of the NHL team and on top of both of those, let's not forget that giant cluster F that still sits empty across from the new arena. Almost 11 years and counting.

I’ve often thought about that issue. Arenas have a shelf life of 30-40 years before they are deemed obsolete. Maybe the 90s arenas that cropped up (Denver, Nashville, St. Louis etc) will buck that trend but the constantly stalled development on the old arena site is 11 years in the making and nothing has been built yet.  So they will be 15 years behind the 8 ball. There is nothing to do around the arena except go to the Souper Bowl or Cafe 5th which I am not sure is still open. It’s an embarrassment.

sorry if I derailed this thread and hope it gets back on track but the person you referenced that is responsible for all of this including AAA elite hockey has way too much power and influence in the local hockey scene and bumbles everything.

I have seen games at UPMC on many levels and no kid seems like they’re having fun TBH. It’s in the bench body language.

On 6/10/2021 at 10:39 AM, Jack Handey said:

What are iceman fees?  

About $4500 plus $750 for jerseys and workout clothes and then you tag on a few hundred for traveling fees for coaches to the team fund. Now that they are NAPHL but the AA division of this-they fly to at least two tournaments to play AA teams in other states because obviously they can’t play the N Pitt/Predators/Arctic Foxes teams that are so beneath them at the AA level in PAHL 

WOW some people really hating on kids..... NO MATTER WHAT TEAM WE TALK ABOUT ( PPE,ESMARK,PREDS OR WHOMEVER) THERE IS ALWAYS PEOPLE BITCHING ABOUT WHO IS AND ISN'T ON THE TEAM...... WHO REALLY CARES?   Everyone of them will all be beer leaguers by 26-28 years old...  Enjoy the current rides with your kids bc before you know it it will be over. Then what are you going to grumble about?

33 minutes ago, PUCKCOVID19 said:

WOW some people really hating on kids..... NO MATTER WHAT TEAM WE TALK ABOUT ( PPE,ESMARK,PREDS OR WHOMEVER) THERE IS ALWAYS PEOPLE BITCHING ABOUT WHO IS AND ISN'T ON THE TEAM...... WHO REALLY CARES?   Everyone of them will all be beer leaguers by 26-28 years old...  Enjoy the current rides with your kids bc before you know it it will be over. Then what are you going to grumble about?

The weather

• Like 1