It has been a horrible week for PGH Hockey

Pittsburgh Hockey has suffered two big blows this week, and rumor now is we are about to get another.

First up is the Pittsburgh Penguins first round elimination from the playoffs. Fan opinions aside, this likely has a significant effect on enrollment numbers.  Make no mistake, a deep run in the playoffs would absolutely produce a small spike in youth enrollments in the various learn to play hockey programs & little penguins programs across the area. 

Next up would be the shocking announcement out of RMU canceling Men's and Women's D1 Ice Hockey

And now there are rumors that Pittsburgh Ice Arena sold this week to Black Bear Sports....

Lots of action in PGH this week!

6 minutes ago, RelaxItsJustaGame said:

Pittsburgh Hockey has suffered two big blows this week, and rumor now is we are about to get another.

First up is the Pittsburgh Penguins first round elimination from the playoffs. Fan opinions aside, this likely has a significant effect on enrollment numbers.  Make no mistake, a deep run in the playoffs would absolutely produce a small spike in youth enrollments in the various learn to play hockey programs & little penguins programs across the area. 

Next up would be the shocking announcement out of RMU canceling Men's and Women's D1 Ice Hockey

And now there are rumors that Pittsburgh Ice Arena sold this week to Black Bear Sports....

Lots of action in PGH this week!

I hadn't heard about PIA being sold to BBS. Is this conformed?

That's a rink that could use some TLC.

I don't see how them buying PIA would be a bad thing. That place needs some love. Have the changes at the other two local rinks they own been terrible? I know Printscape is getting a second sheet because of them. That's a good thing for WPA

I admit, the first two are bad for the area.....the PIA thing is actually great for that rink as lifelongbender is right, it needs TLC.  BBS appears to have a great model and can absolutely provide stability to the rink....the question would then become if one group controls too much of the ice our area could that be a bad thing, rates are already pretty high.