Pahl’s Eastern programs

Guess it depends on the age level.    We were in the Squirt A Major 3 division last season and Altoona and State College teams were at the top of the division and would give us a hard time.    Also at the top was Crawford County Flames.    I am guessing that was their top Squirt team with lower numbers of kids.    We are in Squirt AA this year so not sure if we will see them then.

15 hours ago, hockey55 said:

Out of curiosity, why does Erie play in PAHL and not against teams in NY like Jamestown, Lakewood area which is much closer? We have teams from Wheeling and Morgantown and Youngstown in our divisions that are out of state. 

Erie is in MidAm NY is it’s own district 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2021 at 9:15 AM, bb2j3z said:

Guess it depends on the age level.    We were in the Squirt A Major 3 division last season and Altoona and State College teams were at the top of the division and would give us a hard time.    Also at the top was Crawford County Flames.    I am guessing that was their top Squirt team with lower numbers of kids.    We are in Squirt AA this year so not sure if we will see them then.

“We are in squirt AA”? In June? 

Has PAHL done away with the placement process? Normally placement games weren’t until Sept./Oct. and teams had to qualify for AA on down.
I do know that a lot of states/organizations/regions used to automatically designate the “major” birth years as AA and minor as A.

On that note, I have noticed “AA” tryouts being a big thing these days. What happens if an org. advertises “AA” and the team does not qualify?

Just curious. And back to my original question. Are there still placements in PAHL?