Southpointe Rebrand

1 minute ago, bb2j3z said:

Yeah, that's kind of what I was going for lol.    I helped with the rebrand and we had to stay with the same colors.  ?  

Hey I don't hate it at all. I just hope the socks match the jerseys now. That always bugged the sh*t out of me about the rink rats haha. I see a lot of board member changes too, which I can only imagine is going to be a good thing. I live 8 minutes from the rink and choose to play elsewhere based on the experiences I have had in the past. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, forbin said:

Hey I don't hate it at all. I just hope the socks match the jerseys now. That always bugged the sh*t out of me about the rink rats haha. I see a lot of board member changes too, which I can only imagine is going to be a good thing. I live 8 minutes from the rink and choose to play elsewhere based on the experiences I have had in the past. 

No, I just lol'ed when you said Carolina Hurricanes because you were partly reading my mind.  

Here's some more info on the rebrand.
https://www.southpittsburghhockey.org/south-pittsburgh-hockey-club-rebrand-organization-update-the-rebellion-begins/

Here's info about the game socks.   

>Game socks will be invoiced through our organization as well. KO’s will have socks available for sizing. 10U-19U are moving to a fabric sock this year (as opposed to the knit) sizing with >shin guards is important. Team managers will get the socks when they come in and distribute to the teams.

16 minutes ago, Lifelongbender said:

Is this a Whiskey Rebellion reference, at least? 

I don't hate the logo or the color scheme, but I do have my doubts about that name.

Yes it is...  very loose connection with the imagery.    Couldn't have muskets or booze lol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sadday4hockey said:

So is it true that in 22-23 the Rebellion will also be fielding Tier 1 teams? That seems to be the prevailing rumor regarding the wishes of the new management.

I hope so! If there's anything that western PA youth hockey needs more of, its faux AAA teams! We need something to talk about on here.

• Like 3
  • ROTF 2

1 hour ago, forbin said:

I hope so! If there's anything that western PA youth hockey needs more of, its faux AAA teams! We need something to talk about on here.

I would say they need to try to field half decent AA team or 2 before trying for AAA.   OR could it be that Esmark moves down there with a name change ? 

4 hours ago, PUCKCOVID19 said:

I would say they need to try to field half decent AA team or 2 before trying for AAA.   OR could it be that Esmark moves down there with a name change ? 

I might get flamed for this but honestly more south hills options for decent hockey teams would be good especially if they move and don't try to do an additional tier 1 team.  I think Pittsburgh could support (at least at some ages) 2 tier one teams, one in the north and one in the south. If they were really creative.they could create tournament teams that combined the top half of each. 

• Like 1

I think the old brand and logo needed a refresh as it was cartoony feeling (then again in the mid-90s that was the thing even in the NHL plus it was directly modeled from the Albany River Rats)…really like the Whiskey Rebellion tie-in, not many people know that it was fought in those areas of the South Hills. Nice work.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Racchi’s Rug said:

I think the old brand and logo needed a refresh as it was cartoony feeling (then again in the mid-90s that was the thing even in the NHL plus it was directly modeled from the Albany River Rats)…really like the Whiskey Rebellion tie-in, not many people know that it was fought in those areas of the South Hills. Nice work.

I absolutely agree with you.   I lobbied to keep the Rink Rats for Mites only, but it wasn't in the cards.   They did opt for a different chest logo for mites versus Squirts and above.   There is a flag for the Whiskey Rebellion which had an eagle so I used different versions of the eagle in the Mite design.    Of course with all things, they didn't pick my favorite one, but I think it looks decent.   I really like the Rink Rats logo, but I think it was time for a brand that appealed to all ages in the organization and that's what they wanted.    It can always be brought back in some form.   I went for the simplicity of nhl logos in my design.    As someone that doesn't do design on the job, it was a fun exercise... hope to do it in some capacity again.

@bb2j3z Ironically enough the mite logo is the one I don’t like at all haha. I wish they would have decided to go with the same flag logo for the mites personally.
You did a really nice job with the jerseys and I think it’s exactly what SP needed. I am optimistic that a fresh look and some fresh faces on the board will help this program out.
We live close but don’t play there for the simple fact that the guy I reached out to initially for my oldest son about playing with them was a complete a$$hole and now it seems that every time my boys teams play the rink rats they outwork them and the players and coaches don’t seem to have a clue what was going on. 

• Like 1