Seneca Valley rebrand

36 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

Maybe it's me, but I have never associated the "Raiders" mascot with Native Americans so I never got the correlation with the two or why SV used NA imagery in the first place.

Because the school is literally built on land gifted to them by the Seneca tribe. 

15 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

Fair enough - you learn something new every day.

I only know that because I went there haha. There’s a big plaque that talks about it. Back when I was there our mascot was a kid in traditional Native American attire and would run around the field/court banging a hand drum and chanting.....A LOT has changed since then.

I wonder which direction they will take with the logo. My guess is just dropping the NA head altogether and going with the SV. 

I never realized all of the schools with “Indians” OR Native American imagery as part of a name/mascot. West A, Peters, North Hills, Morgantown, Indiana, Carrick (same as SV with the Raider but a Native American chief mascot although the hockey team is the Cougars as we know), EF Warriors (mascot), interesting. And those are just the hockey ones, I’m sure there are way more.

37 minutes ago, Racchi’s Rug said:

I never realized all of the schools with “Indians” OR Native American imagery as part of a name/mascot. West A, Peters, North Hills, Morgantown, Indiana, Carrick (same as SV with the Raider but a Native American chief mascot although the hockey team is the Cougars as we know), EF Warriors (mascot), interesting. And those are just the hockey ones, I’m sure there are way more.

There are many, many more.