North Pittsburgh 16U and 14U supplemental tryouts

4 hours ago, twoboys said:

Doesn't the South Hills have AAA teams already?  Lebo 08 is AAA.  06 SHAHA is AAA.  Can't get a straight answer about 07 SHAHA.  Some say it is independent?  Is that AAA?  Preds have plenty of AAA teams.  No way the parents in control of those teams move to Southpointe.

not one preds team is true AAA more like AAa 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

And my understanding is that in a lot of cases, the families agree with you. However, they are being forced to use the extra A in order for ownership/coach/gym owner to collect their extra A worth of payments.

Does someone have them at gunpoint?  

On 7/3/2021 at 10:10 AM, BeaverFalls said:

Does someone have them at gunpoint?  

That's what I want to know. I've heard a lot of Preds parents bitching year after year about the practice times, the fact they don't want to play independent, the fact As don't matter, but they keep signing up year after year.  Something doesn't add up.  I'm guessing most of them still want that extra A but get sensitive when you call them out on it.  

13 hours ago, aaaahockey said:

That's what I want to know. I've heard a lot of Preds parents bitching year after year about the practice times, the fact they don't want to play independent, the fact As don't matter, but they keep signing up year after year.  Something doesn't add up.  I'm guessing most of them still want that extra A but get sensitive when you call them out on it.  

Sounds about right. I was told many 2003’s declined the faux AAA team to play on the AA team. Many astatic 2004 parents! Hearing the 2004’s they put on the team wouldn’t make U18 AA, most of them played on the predators U16 AA team this past season that finished in the middle of the Pahl standings. It could be they just filed the team with those 04’s for the money and they won’t play much. 

who finishes dead last in the district - icemen or predators ? I’m told the icemen have a decent goalie, that might help flip them from dead last.

https://myhockeyrankings.com/rank.php?d=MM&y=2020&v=118

both teams at the bottom. 9th & 10th. This upcoming season the vengeance and Mt Lebanon have U18 AAA, correct ? It’s a race to the bottom, all four teams more than likely will be out of the district tournament by October. What’s the point ? You play tier 1 to make the district tournament. 

Edited by Danner27

On 7/5/2021 at 12:24 AM, Danner27 said:

Sounds about right. I was told many 2003’s declined the faux AAA team to play on the AA team. Many astatic 2004 parents! Hearing the 2004’s they put on the team wouldn’t make U18 AA, most of them played on the predators U16 AA team this past season that finished in the middle of the Pahl standings. It could be they just filed the team with those 04’s for the money and they won’t play much. 

who finishes dead last in the district - icemen or predators ? I’m told the icemen have a decent goalie, that might help flip them from dead last.

https://myhockeyrankings.com/rank.php?d=MM&y=2020&v=118

both teams at the bottom. 9th & 10th. This upcoming season the vengeance and Mt Lebanon have U18 AAA, correct ? It’s a race to the bottom, all four teams more than likely will be out of the district tournament by October. What’s the point ? You play tier 1 to make the district tournament. 

Outside PPE U18 and Esmark U18, those other teams you mentioned are all in the same category.  I don't think there will be much separation.  Preds have had multiple U18AA teams for the last few seasons which isn't a surprise to anyone.  I think it is more that they want to play Varsity and not travel.  The Vengance U18AAA is full of 04s who were afraid they wouldn't make it on Preds U18AAA so the dad and friends jumped to start their own Vengance team.  Icemen always end up starting AAA then dropping to AA so I'm not really sure why people sign up for that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

I didn't realize Carey Price was moving to Pittsburgh. That would be the ONLY way they aren't at the bottom.

Admittedly we don’t know as many 2003 players and families as we do 1998-2002. 2004 is even further away for us. BUT my boys just told me the icemen goalie has been there for 3 years now, so it doesn’t sound like the team will fair any better. Like the predators, they tell me the 04s filling out the team wouldn’t make U18 AA.  It’s going to be a real short season for those teams. Out of districts by October.  The boys did tell me today the vengeance start up is coached by a 2004 dad as mentioned above. The story was almost verbatim to what was posted here but the boys think the vengeance will be a little better than the other 3 faux AAA U18 teams (still at the bottom of the district - out by October like the others). It sounds like esmark is virtually all returning and mainly older HS graduated 2003’s. I haven’t heard much about PPE yet. 

On 7/6/2021 at 2:03 PM, Jack Handey said:

Icemen 18u will be better this year - the goalie is outstanding and they have lots of returning 03s.  They will not be bottom this year.  

What? The Icemen U18 team will again be in the bottom 10% of the rankings.  The goalie is not outstanding, I would say he is solid.  The younger goalie is solid as well.  Neither are outstanding.  Both U16 and U18 teams last year finished in the bottom 5%, maybe 10% of the rankings so not sure what would make you think they will be better this year.  Some of the forwards are not bad, most of them small size but can move.  Defense is pretty bad. They took 4 of the defensemen that were on the U16 team last year, 2 of which were horrible, one has great skill/hockey IQ and is super tough but lacks quickness and speed. The problem they are going to have when playing any AAA team ranked higher than 80 will not being able to keep up with the skating.   Though with the addition of the new head coach from Slippery Rock may help some.  Just not enough, this is a game of speed at the higher levels and the Icemen don't have that where they need it.

51 minutes ago, 3 Boys said:

What? The Icemen U18 team will again be in the bottom 10% of the rankings.  The goalie is not outstanding, I would say he is solid.  The younger goalie is solid as well.  Neither are outstanding.  Both U16 and U18 teams last year finished in the bottom 5%, maybe 10% of the rankings so not sure what would make you think they will be better this year.  Some of the forwards are not bad, most of them small size but can move.  Defense is pretty bad. They took 4 of the defensemen that were on the U16 team last year, 2 of which were horrible, one has great skill/hockey IQ and is super tough but lacks quickness and speed. The problem they are going to have when playing any AAA team ranked higher than 80 will not being able to keep up with the skating.   Though with the addition of the new head coach from Slippery Rock may help some.  Just not enough, this is a game of speed at the higher levels and the Icemen don't have that where they need it.

Reading through your post, it appears like your hatred for Icemen is personal.  And being that we know one of your boys played for them, it is clearly personal. When someone has that much hate for anything, and spends that much time bitching/talking/posting about it, it is because they feel like they have been wronged.  Maybe you should find something else to make you happy? Maybe some hockey dad therapy?  Maybe focus on something that doesn't make you such a nasty human? No need to at me or respond as that would just validate my hypothesis.  And reading through your other post - they are not factual.  Seriously, you are a grown ass man who clearly is lacking something in your life oh, and arguable - you know nothing about the sport either based on your breakdowns of players.  But keep on dad coaching from the sidelines, I'm sure actual coaches trying to teach players the correct way to play love your input...SMH  

1 hour ago, Hockey22 said:

Reading through your post, it appears like your hatred for Icemen is personal.  And being that we know one of your boys played for them, it is clearly personal. When someone has that much hate for anything, and spends that much time bitching/talking/posting about it, it is because they feel like they have been wronged.  Maybe you should find something else to make you happy? Maybe some hockey dad therapy?  Maybe focus on something that doesn't make you such a nasty human? No need to at me or respond as that would just validate my hypothesis.  And reading through your other post - they are not factual.  Seriously, you are a grown ass man who clearly is lacking something in your life oh, and arguable - you know nothing about the sport either based on your breakdowns of players.  But keep on dad coaching from the sidelines, I'm sure actual coaches trying to teach players the correct way to play love your input...SMH  

You must obviously have a connection to Icemen to launch such a personal attack on someone.  Why don't you attack all the people that comment about PPE, Preds, Esmark etc.  Forums are for opinions and last I checked this was a free country. Personally I value what I hear on this forum but also take it with a grain of salt knowing that a lot of people might have had some of what they consider bad experiences where their kids played in the past.  Just my opinion for the nothing that it is worth.

23 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

You must obviously have a connection to Icemen to launch such a personal attack on someone.  Why don't you attack all the people that comment about PPE, Preds, Esmark etc.  Forums are for opinions and last I checked this was a free country. Personally I value what I hear on this forum but also take it with a grain of salt knowing that a lot of people might have had some of what they consider bad experiences where their kids played in the past.  Just my opinion for the nothing that it is worth.

Read 3 boys other comments in the past 2 months and then comment. All 3 boys does is personally attack, and frankly sounds like a discounted pens elite spring team 10u parent (yes, read into the sarcasm of spring team pens elite)

Fun fact. Parents factor into all sports and kids making teams. 3 boys should pull out a mirror. If a player is not going to make an expadential difference vs a player whose parents don't cause issues (text coach during game complaining, attacks them at the rink yelling, insults other kids in the stands, leaves the rink in a frenzy if his kid isn't on the ice when THEY think they should be, coaches their kid and tells them to do the opposite of an actual coach, hence hurting the team), the player will be looking for a new home all to no fault of their own. Sounds like 3 boys fits that scenario. And their player is old enough to know it.

It comes down to, 3 boys is a prime example of why this sport is a shit show. Let your kid be a kid, let your kid play the sport they love without interfering, without causing a ruckus at every turn, let them learn life lessons and consequences of their decisions and just enjoy  watching them play before it's too late and you are an empty nester coming to this board to cause drama to give yourself something to do in your free time. 

14 minutes ago, Hockey22 said:

Read 3 boys other comments in the past 2 months and then comment. All 3 boys does is personally attack, and frankly sounds like a discounted pens elite spring team 10u parent (yes, read into the sarcasm of spring team pens elite)

Fun fact. Parents factor into all sports and kids making teams. 3 boys should pull out a mirror. If a player is not going to make an expadential difference vs a player whose parents don't cause issues (text coach during game complaining, attacks them at the rink yelling, insults other kids in the stands, leaves the rink in a frenzy if his kid isn't on the ice when THEY think they should be, coaches their kid and tells them to do the opposite of an actual coach, hence hurting the team), the player will be looking for a new home all to no fault of their own. Sounds like 3 boys fits that scenario. And their player is old enough to know it.

It comes down to, 3 boys is a prime example of why this sport is a shit show. Let your kid be a kid, let your kid play the sport they love without interfering, without causing a ruckus at every turn, let them learn life lessons and consequences of their decisions and just enjoy  watching them play before it's too late and you are an empty nester coming to this board to cause drama to give yourself something to do in your free time. 

No, don't fit that scenario at all, especially when you have texts from the head coach at the end of the season praising your son and his play.  Sounds like you are might be one of the ones whose involved in the political end there which is fine.  People know the truth.  

1 hour ago, 3 Boys said:

No, don't fit that scenario at all, especially when you have texts from the head coach at the end of the season praising your son and his play.  Sounds like you are might be one of the ones whose involved in the political end there which is fine.  People know the truth.  

I'd believe you pulling a rabbit out of a hat more than what you post on this board. 

And you are accurate. People know the truth. Unfortunately you appear to not be one of them.  Head back to Facebook for your rants.  And to quote some youth baseball coach in Pittsburgh who I can't remember his name, but will never forget his quote  "you can't cross a bridge if you burn it down...and by the way, fire spreads"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hockey22 said:

"you can't cross a bridge if you burn it down...and by the way, fire spreads"

Well then for his sake, I guess it's a good thing that Pittsburgh has a f*ck ton of bridges....

• Haha 2
  • ROTF 1
  • Epic 2