North Hills Vipers coach throws fit

48 minutes ago, AMR24 said:

This game and how the whole thing was handled was a disgrace. You laugh and say coach throws a hissy but you missed everything that lead up to that point. Yeah, he may have thrown a "hissy" but he was standing up for his kid's.

So some calls went against his team in the first period? 

That would make this behavior ok?

17 minutes ago, Ref33 said:

So some calls went against his team in the first period? 

That would make this behavior ok?

This does not make his behavior ok.  He issued an apology to the parents and players about his actions and is ready to move forward with the consequences.  I will say he did stand up for his players which a coach should do.  I don't know if you were at the game but the referees had no control on the game.  Players from both teams were getting into fights and sent to the box as a minor penalty.  They should of both been thrown out of the game and that sets a standard.  But when you let two kids fight like that serve a 2:00 and they come out of the box what do you think they are going to do? They want to get revenge again.  In my personal opinion for what its worth the refs didn't control the game and it got worse as the game went on.  Kids on the other team making obscene gestures further shows that the game was out of control.  Everyone's at fault, but i think its the refs job to control the game.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Stripes19 said:

but i think its the refs job to control the game.

Control starts at home. You listen to the voices from the stands during these games and it's pretty apparent that isn't happening. My favorite was the dad arguing with the rink staff that is was his 1st amendment right to yell at the refs. Yep. That's what he said.

Then we move on to the coach. His behavior during the first period of the game shows that he ins't really worried about control either.

Yes lastly the refs have some work to do. But when it appears the first two groups aren't doing the job its going to be pretty difficult for the refs.

Edited by Ref33
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AMR24 said:

This game and how the whole thing was handled was a disgrace. You laugh and say coach throws a hissy but you missed everything that lead up to that point. Yeah, he may have thrown a "hissy" but he was standing up for his kid's.

What about the second game? Was that the refs fault also? Heard it was a disgrace for PAHL.  Like to see the video and excuses that follow for that.

16 hours ago, Ref33 said:

Control starts at home. You listen to the voices from the stands during these games and it's pretty apparent that isn't happening. My favorite was the dad arguing with the rink staff that is was his 1st amendment right to yell at the refs. Yep. That's what he said.

Then we move on to the coach. His behavior during the first period of the game shows that he ins't really worried about control either.

Yes lastly the refs have some work to do. But when it appears the first two groups aren't doing the job its going to be pretty difficult for the refs.

I"ve had a parent tell me that they have the right to say whatever they want, too. ? First amendment rights only come into play when it is a government actor suppressing speech, people. You absolutely do not have a right to be verbally abusive from the stands. Violates most organization, rink and USA hockey policies.

Basic civics lesson. The public needs one.

12 hours ago, Hoomie said:

What about the second game? Was that the refs fault also? Heard it was a disgrace for PAHL.  Like to see the video and excuses that follow for that.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this matter. The 2nd game was fine until the last 5 minutes. Yes, that was on us and it was dealt with. A disgrace to PAHL is a bit extreme. I have seen worse at PAHL games than what occurred in the 2nd game.  

As for excuses, I make none. I speak to what I saw. My husband is a ref, a coach and a president of an organization. I tend to keep quiet as I know there are many ways to view things and different vantage points. I understand how everything works and moves. I cannot sit back and let a bunch of 14 year olds be bashed over things that were not in their control. Were there moments where they were at fault? Absolutely. They are 14, certainly not perfect. But they did not deserve they way they were treated on Friday or the rest of the weekend for that matter. Nor do they deserve the be talked about on social media among a bunch of adults that want to see them fail because of who spears the Viper Stars Program.

Now going back to the coach, should he have thrown the sticks? No. However, it was more than just a few calls not going his way, it was becoming a matter of the safety of the players and the biased behavior of the refs. He is a new coach, he is young. He is learning. Can any of you say that you have not made a bad decision when you were 25, 26, 27? An embarrassing decision that you instantly regretted? We are so quick to judge and throw people under the bus without remembering that we are all humans. We make mistakes and we make errors. Part of being human and a good coach is owning up to those errors, apologizing and making sure you don't make the same mistake twice. And, he did apologize to all involved. I would rather my kid learn how to own up to a mistake than sit back and act like everything is perfect.

These threads upset me because none of you all were there. What happened this weekend to these kids (specifically Friday) was atrocious. How they were treated from the very beginning was uncalled for. And, if everyone took a moment to look at it from that point, you would be just as appalled as I am over it. They are 14 year old kids.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AMR24 said:

We will just have to agree to disagree on this matter. The 2nd game was fine until the last 5 minutes. Yes, that was on us and it was dealt with. A disgrace to PAHL is a bit extreme. I have seen worse at PAHL games than what occurred in the 2nd game.  

As for excuses, I make none. I speak to what I saw. My husband is a ref, a coach and a president of an organization. I tend to keep quiet as I know there are many ways to view things and different vantage points. I understand how everything works and moves. I cannot sit back and let a bunch of 14 year olds be bashed over things that were not in their control. Were there moments where they were at fault? Absolutely. They are 14, certainly not perfect. But they did not deserve they way they were treated on Friday or the rest of the weekend for that matter. Nor do they deserve the be talked about on social media among a bunch of adults that want to see them fail because of who spears the Viper Stars Program.

Now going back to the coach, should he have thrown the sticks? No. However, it was more than just a few calls not going his way, it was becoming a matter of the safety of the players and the biased behavior of the refs. He is a new coach, he is young. He is learning. Can any of you say that you have not made a bad decision when you were 25, 26, 27? An embarrassing decision that you instantly regretted? We are so quick to judge and throw people under the bus without remembering that we are all humans. We make mistakes and we make errors. Part of being human and a good coach is owning up to those errors, apologizing and making sure you don't make the same mistake twice. And, he did apologize to all involved. I would rather my kid learn how to own up to a mistake than sit back and act like everything is perfect.

These threads upset me because none of you all were there. What happened this weekend to these kids (specifically Friday) was atrocious. How they were treated from the very beginning was uncalled for. And, if everyone took a moment to look at it from that point, you would be just as appalled as I am over it. They are 14 year old kids.

If your husband is anything you say he is, he has to be hiding from the disgrace in his home today. To even try to gloss over the actions of the idiot in the video is typical of parents in Pittsburgh. He’s justified because you geniuses think the officials didn’t do a good job. Stupid. And it’s the reason your kids will continue to open up games thinking a net front scrum is “how the game is played”. 

1 hour ago, Wampa1 said:

If your husband is anything you say he is, he has to be hiding from the disgrace in his home today. To even try to gloss over the actions of the idiot in the video is typical of parents in Pittsburgh. He’s justified because you geniuses think the officials didn’t do a good job. Stupid. And it’s the reason your kids will continue to open up games thinking a net front scrum is “how the game is played”. 

I am willing to have a discussion with you but I will not be talked to in the manor above. If you can approach me with respect, then do so. If not, then we are done. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AMR24 said:

I am willing to have a discussion with you but I will not be talked to in the manor above. If you can approach me with respect, then do so. If not, then we are done. 

You came to a message board to complain about how a midget hockey game was officiated. You don’t deserve respect. You deserve to be embarrassed and ridiculed. Don’t start a conversation you’re too weak to be involved in sweetie. I’d tell you to give your husband my condolences but my guess is he’s right over your shoulder telling you every ridiculous word to write. 

1 hour ago, Wampa1 said:

You came to a message board to complain about how a midget hockey game was officiated. You don’t deserve respect. You deserve to be embarrassed and ridiculed. Don’t start a conversation you’re too weak to be involved in sweetie. I’d tell you to give your husband my condolences but my guess is he’s right over your shoulder telling you every ridiculous word to write. 

Thankfully the voice of reason, @Wampa1 is here to the rescue to set things straight for us common folk.  Problem is he can't help himself from being a pompous jagoff that comments on events he did not see for himself.  Guess why?  Because he knows everything and bases his genius takes from bit information and a ten second video.

For @Wampa1 to call out someone else and say he/she deserve to be embarrassed, ridiculed and doesn't deserve respect sums it all up for this tool.

Thankfully he will be here soon as he always gets disturbed when being called out, and like a five year old he has to get the last word in.

Tick tock.........tick tock........here it comes........  

• Like 2

find it hilarious that he can say in one post that things are seen different form stands than officials see on the ice, but he can tell you exactly what happened from a video.. laughable.. his arguments are childish and inconsistent on every post.. all he is a troll that has to degrade people to make himself feel good about his self.. typical keyboard warrior, always causing arguments and staring the pot, wants the forum to be informative but never adds to anything to help it become informative.. just a waste of space. 

17 hours ago, Wampa1 said:

Pipe down with your stupid sexist crap. A bad sports parent is a bad sports parent, male or female.

5 minutes ago, Ref33 said:

Pipe down with your stupid sexist crap. A bad sports parent is a bad sports parent, male or female.

Nah I’ll keep saying what I’d like. It’s an open forum. Yours or anyone’s feelings are the last thing I care about. If it’s too much sweetheart, stay at home with your wife. What I do care about, is the obnoxious and unchecked behavior at local ice rinks. You’ll change your tune when you get smacked by the lovely heffer or her “highly qualified” husband when you call their little baby for a misconduct. They pay the bills after all. Isn’t that their right?