USA Hockey Select 16 Camp - 5 Pittsburgh Kids

It’s always 99.9% PPE kids that get pushed through to the final camp from western pa. some are deserving, others not so much. 

a few years back,  culver went nuts on mid am & USA hockey. Culver had a big stud defenseman that didn’t get out of the sylvannia camp. I believe this kid is in the ushl right now. His name escapes me at the moment. Anyway, PPE pushed a enormous amount of kids though that year. Needles to say I don’t think one PPE kid that year made it to the all star weekend, they were all cut after the first two days. Even the guy running PPE kid got cut that first day. Some say it was USA hockey making a point that mid am let PPE control the camp, the best kids from the Sylvania camp didn’t get out of it. 

• Like 1

I thought they picked this team already, they have a camp in May for a smaller group of players and the selection comes from this camp, I know they canceled it last year and just picked the team from their scouting reports. USA hockey and it's district suck at sharing this info, I found the camp roster, but not the team. I think the fesitival that starts today or tomorrow is just like the other ages and has no real end game other than exposing these kids to college and junior level coaches and giving them an overview on some options they may have in the future. I would agree with Danner comments about what did and still happens. It's funny cause they tell you it is all legit and even the speakers they have that are pros or semi pros will say they got passed over for the district, multi district or national camps. It's no different then any other tryout. Talking to some guys thar evaluated in the past, it was stated there is a lot of confussion on wether they are to select the best kids at the time of the tryout or the kids they think have the most potential. Overall Pittsburgh is starting to produce some good high level players. The cuurent 04 on the ntdp team from West Mifflin will probably be a top 10 pick in 2022 draft if he continues on the path he is on. I'm wondering if he will even go to college or straight to pro hockey.

https://www.usahockeyntdp.com/news_article/show/1160303-2021-ntdp-evaluation-camp-roster-announced

Edited by mrfreeze

On 7/8/2021 at 4:44 PM, mrfreeze said:

Update, found the roster, I knew the team had been picked.

https://www.usahockeyntdp.com/news_article/show/1164869

13 of 24 from just 4 states: MN, MA, MI, and CA

On 7/8/2021 at 4:44 PM, mrfreeze said:

Update, found the roster, I knew the team had been picked.

https://www.usahockeyntdp.com/news_article/show/1164869

13 of 24 from just 4 states: MA, MN, CA, and MI

only 1 player born after June 24; meaning 96% of players selected born in first 6 months of the year   This is why birth year is still a bad idea - it doesnt align with draft or school year