PAHL playoffs

Can’t help but feel the FPP are a complete joke, at Bantam AA major Foxes should have been there, even Allegheny, but no the preds get blown out 6-1, north pitt and shaha played a incredibly competitive game which shaha won, and it was nice to see an extended handshake line at the end lots of friends out there tonight, congratulations to shaha from an NP parent, it’s nice to see that our thug children could play such a great game against each other, sorry but pahl is a joke until FPP are gone, and don’t bother with your well they learned their lesson no they played the same all year and had zero trouble at away tournaments with refs so your league is run by a board who instructs refs to target individual kids based on other parents opinions because little Johnny got hurt so now when our thug kids go anywhere we are targeted even after a hearing at 8 pm in westmoreland county that no parents could attend but coaches were there then were basically given wrist slap by a lady in a shirt that said “I like wine” real oompa looking tan, you could seriously put a tent over this thing. Total circus? This is not made up, respect is earned when given and we have seen zero from PAHL so like many other families unfortunately this will be goodbye and good luck with that mess

been involved with hockey for 30 years but this year was the worst

1 hour ago, Grinder981 said:

Can’t help but feel the FPP are a complete joke, at Bantam AA major Foxes should have been there, even Allegheny, but no the preds get blown out 6-1, north pitt and shaha played a incredibly competitive game which shaha won, and it was nice to see an extended handshake line at the end lots of friends out there tonight, congratulations to shaha from an NP parent, it’s nice to see that our thug children could play such a great game against each other, sorry but pahl is a joke until FPP are gone, and don’t bother with your well they learned their lesson no they played the same all year and had zero trouble at away tournaments with refs so your league is run by a board who instructs refs to target individual kids based on other parents opinions because little Johnny got hurt so now when our thug kids go anywhere we are targeted even after a hearing at 8 pm in westmoreland county that no parents could attend but coaches were there then were basically given wrist slap by a lady in a shirt that said “I like wine” real oompa looking tan, you could seriously put a tent over this thing. Total circus? This is not made up, respect is earned when given and we have seen zero from PAHL so like many other families unfortunately this will be goodbye and good luck with that mess

been involved with hockey for 30 years but this year was the worst

Just thought it might be inappropriate and immature to wear an I like wine shirt to a disciplinary hearing where our boys wore suits and ties and acted in a completely respectable manner whereas this “adult”!was rude and cut people off multiple times, I’m no helicopter parent but seems awful fishy, thankfully I hear there is one logical thinking person there and to you sir I apologize but only you, this other super tan person needs to go 

On 3/2/2019 at 10:12 PM, Grinder981 said:

Just thought it might be inappropriate and immature to wear an I like wine shirt to a disciplinary hearing where our boys wore suits and ties and acted in a completely respectable manner whereas this “adult”!was rude and cut people off multiple times, I’m no helicopter parent but seems awful fishy, thankfully I hear there is one logical thinking person there and to you sir I apologize but only you, this other super tan person needs to go 

Agreed. Allegheny and Foxes both had competitive games in prior meetings with all of the teams (last meeting for aha vs Mt Lebo was 0-2)

I believe FPP are good, but at 16 minutes, one 2 & 10 is going to put you over with the way the games are called, and PAHL refs love to give out the 2 & 10’s - in the 14u AA Major group I witnessed numerous 2 & 10’s that we’re not warranted, hockey is a contact sport, player safety is #1, but again hockey is a physical game, just because a kid gets blown up with a legal check everyone, including the refs want a 2 & 10.  Checking is a big part of the game when done correctly, and for the league to scare the players away from wanting to check because they will get penalized is wrong, sending the wrong message!

• Like 1

There is little consistency game to game, which makes the FPP system problematic. One referee told a player on my sons team - when being asked RESPECTFULLY to understand an interference call made against him - “Do you know how hard you hit him?”

Not about the puck, how long it was gone (if at all), etc.

How hard the hit was...

There are many good referees in the games my son has played in. But when you have different referees with different standards that presents problems. 

Any head contact also became a 2 and a 10 this year, and any discretion taken away from the ref on that one. I have no problem with that rule, wish the NHL did it, just to emphasize stay away from the head. BUT as other people said, even if the contract was minimal or incidental, it's crappy to then lose your FPP. FPP is meant to minimize bad behavior. Unintentional behavior is penalized.

• Like 1