2011 Pittsburgh Vengeance - Looking for a Goalie

19 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

And like they'll probably be doing again at the 2007 level after what transpired at the MidAm camp. Uh, oh! There it is. The kitty just got loose from it's constraints.

What happened at the MidAm camp?

24 minutes ago, Ihearthockey said:

I'm hearing that the 2011 (or Squirt) year is having big goalie issues in general, just ask NP.   

Absolutely. The 2011 and younger goalies are pretty much non existent in this area. I know of at least 6 large PAHL organizations that had zero or just one goalie show up to their mite evaluations this year, and several of those same organizations struggled to fill their 10U spots. Even the 66ers didn’t fill all of their goalie slots this year, and obviously this thread is a telling sign of PPE at the squirt level too.

Not sure if this is because there isn’t much emphasis on the position at those ages with the ADM system, or they don’t really nurture the kids that WANT to play goalie. Then you also have the parents that don’t want their kid between the pipes. In Pittsburgh specifically maybe it’s because Fleury is no longer a Penguin which I’m positive had an effect on the number of goalies in this area in years past. Either way it’s not a good sign for the future....

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 7:16 PM, forbin said:

Absolutely. The 2011 and younger goalies are pretty much non existent in this area. I know of at least 6 large PAHL organizations that had zero or just one goalie show up to their mite evaluations this year, and several of those same organizations struggled to fill their 10U spots. Even the 66ers didn’t fill all of their goalie slots this year, and obviously this thread is a telling sign of PPE at the squirt level too.

Not sure if this is because there isn’t much emphasis on the position at those ages with the ADM system, or they don’t really nurture the kids that WANT to play goalie. Then you also have the parents that don’t want their kid between the pipes. In Pittsburgh specifically maybe it’s because Fleury is no longer a Penguin which I’m positive had an effect on the number of goalies in this area in years past. Either way it’s not a good sign for the future....

That's interesting. I know in the past sometimes it is harder to find goalies for teams after team 2 or so.  Also it can be difficult when you take two goalies per team (that dries them up pretty quick) 

On 8/4/2021 at 3:08 PM, Saucey said:

What happened at the MidAm camp?

2007 ppe goalie filmed a 07 Vengeance player tea-bagging a kid that was sleeping. Well that’s the rumor anyway. Safe sport hasn’t charged anyone yet but kids are suspended from ppe and vengeance. Midams sent a couple kids home second day of camp

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Big_Clapper21 said:

2007 ppe goalie filmed a 07 Vengeance player tea-bagging a kid that was sleeping. Well that’s the rumor anyway. Safe sport hasn’t charged anyone yet but kids are suspended from ppe and vengeance. Midams sent a couple kids home second day of camp

Current or former Vengeance?  I think that whole 07 Vengeance team is gone with the exception of a couple.  I assume former since the invite was based on last year's performance.  

5 hours ago, dazedandconfused said:

The alleged perpetrators were all from PPE or Esmark and there were more than 2.

They should all be banned from USA hockey for life, and the organizations should be sued into bankruptcy. 

I have no tolerance for something like that. 

37 minutes ago, nemesis8679 said:

They should all be banned from USA hockey for life, and the organizations should be sued into bankruptcy. 

I agree about the banned part at least for some period of time.   With the organization part that is tougher - if their response was cutting the kids and telling them they couldn't play for the organization anymore I don't see the point. You can't sue an organization for something outside their control assuming they took action as soon as told.  If we are dealing with a Sandusky type cover up....then I agree totally - Penn State should have been sued out of existence. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nemesis8679 said:

wow dont let you kid go play JR hockey then, bc you would wanna bankrupt every team then bc not this but there is alot of goof ballness and other stuff thats border line as well...

1 hour ago, aaaahockey said:

I agree about the banned part at least for some period of time.   With the organization part that is tougher - if their response was cutting the kids and telling them they couldn't play for the organization anymore I don't see the point. You can't sue an organization for something outside their control assuming they took action as soon as told.  If we are dealing with a Sandusky type cover up....then I agree totally - Penn State should have been sued out of existence. 

Good points, and I agree. 

34 minutes ago, PUCKCOVID19 said:

wow dont let you kid go play JR hockey then, bc you would wanna bankrupt every team then bc not this but there is alot of goof ballness and other stuff thats border line as well...

Perpetrators should be charged with sexual assault, just like anyone else would be. If they're over 18, then Megan's Law, too. You'd see it stop. If not totally, it would be cut down drastically. 

First of all, one guy says this is a rumor and then the next thing you know this turns into a Sandusky case and these kids are marked for life.

The rumors on this have been out of control from a bunch of parents and players that have no idea what happened. 

I want to hear you guys spread the story that these kids did nothing when Safesport comes out with their findings that these kids did nothing but violate their curfew. 

I am sure this subject will die quicker than a Hunter Biden story on CNN.

How about when it comes out that this was based on the lies and ever changing stories of a kid that is on another PA AAA team based out of Hershey, you guys come up with a suggested punishment for him for starting all of this mularkey. 

I feel bad for all these kids involved. They just want to get past this and stop hearing the rumors and their names be cleared. I'm sure if their organizations thought for even a second after talking to these kids, that they did anything wrong, they would of been kicked out already.

Imagine if one of these kids were yours and people were spreading rumors without even knowing who these kids were or even anything about them. I can speak for some of the kids because, yes I know them. They have been put through alot of crap for this and telling the truth didn't help them at the time, but now that the truth is coming out through investigation, i can't wait to hear Nemesis's plan of punishment for dishonesty. Maybe it will be death by hanging in Station Square.

FYI, the video doesn't show anything close to tea-bagging, circle jerking, sodomy or any other rumors that are floating around.

Have a good day.

18 hours ago, HCK15 said:

First of all, one guy says this is a rumor and then the next thing you know this turns into a Sandusky case and these kids are marked for life.

The rumors on this have been out of control from a bunch of parents and players that have no idea what happened. 

I want to hear you guys spread the story that these kids did nothing when Safesport comes out with their findings that these kids did nothing but violate their curfew. 

How about when it comes out that this was based on the lies and ever changing stories of a kid that is on another PA AAA team based out of Hershey, you guys come up with a suggested punishment for him for starting all of this mularkey. 

I feel bad for all these kids involved. They just want to get past this and stop hearing the rumors and their names be cleared. I'm sure if their organizations thought for even a second after talking to these kids, that they did anything wrong, they would of been kicked out already.

Imagine if one of these kids were yours and people were spreading rumors without even knowing who these kids were or even anything about them. I can speak for some of the kids because, yes I know them. They have been put through alot of crap for this and telling the truth didn't help them at the time, but now that the truth is coming out through investigation, i can't wait to hear Nemesis's plan of punishment for dishonesty. Maybe it will be death by hanging in Station Square.

FYI, the video doesn't show anything close to tea-bagging, circle jerking, sodomy or any other rumors that are floating around.

Have a good day.

Agreed the rumor mill has definitely spread a bunch of good stories concerning this. We are all happy that after you watched the video you came to the conclusion that nothing was wrong. Did you get that video from the police in Ohio or is Shingles dad showing it around, so he can get back in with ppe? Everyone makes mistakes, including youth hockey players. If it was anything egregious it probably would have been dealt with quicker than this. Whatever happened should have been dealt with by now. That’s Safesports mistake for sure. 

15 hours ago, nemesis8679 said:

If it was made up, of course the kid who made it up should be punished. 

The thing is though, it's hard to just give benefit of the doubt when similar things have gone on with at least one of those organizations. 

It’s not made up. Four kids were sent home 2 rostered Esmark players and 2 PPE pla

On 8/6/2021 at 8:27 AM, Ihearthockey said:

Current or former Vengeance?  I think that whole 07 Vengeance team is gone with the exception of a couple.  I assume former since the invite was based on last year's performance.  

2 Esmark and 2 PPE

Big Clapper,

You are right, 4 kids were sent home. That is the only true fact in all of the rumors going around.

Nothing was done wrong in the video. That's another rumor, or else the police would of been involved by now don't you think?

It would of been all over the news as well. Think about it.

Like i said earlier, the truth will come out, spread that when you hear it.

23 hours ago, HCK15 said:

Have a good day.

I will just assume your kid is one of the ones involved which is why you are taking such a passionate stance on this. First off If you kid is involved I wouldn't say anything until it is over not going to help in anyway. I do however find it funny that you are saying that these are just rumors and and they will be cleared but you have no problem starting own rumor about someone else kid saying he started it all. How in the world would you know his story has changed like you say. Where your present for his interviews with staff, police, safesport or anyone else? Are his interviews public knowledge? I'm gonna say no. So if you don't want rumors going around the 4 boys involved then don't start rumors about others. If all the boys did was break curfew then so be it, but I'm pretty sure that the boy who they supposedly did this to would have had to report them first so at the very least there is two boys that have something to say about this. Again though I'm sure you weren't there for all of those interviews either. Might just be better idea to not come on here and spread rumors about others. Just be humble and if things turnout that all these boys are innocent then be thankful.  

Arrow, i could see how you would think that it's my kid involved. 

That isn't the case. I just am sad for the kids involved and one happens to be a son of a great friend of mine. he has learned a great lesson from this, that's for sure.

I am hoping all involved have learned how things can go sideways. 

Thanks for your concern though.