On 3/4/2019 at 11:33 AM, Pghbus36 said:

I was there and saw how the Lebo parent running the clock failed to start the time at the end and gave Lebo extra time to score tying goal.  Was blatant error the refs did't address.  I guess that is what home ice if for!

The people doing the scoresheet and the clock for PAHL playoff games are supposed to have no "conflict of interest" with the 2 teams involved. That's the way it was at our organization that hosted games, I can't believe this isn't the same for other organizations.

Video is going around,  if you time it, they scored around 1 second left.  I really could care less either way.  However, if you were going to cheat the clock on purpose, wouldn't you have done it earlier than when everyone in the rink is watching the clock. Probably just watching instead of paying attention.  PIHL uses their own people to run the clock. 

The official you see in the video should had been watching the clock.

When the clock doesn't move whistle should be blown time taken off have the face off again.

Question is where are these officials from and why do you have incompetent officials doing a PAHL Championship game.

• Like 2

Granted it's bad that the clock was not started right away but....there are 11.6 seconds on the clock at the start of this video and the goal was scored with 5 seconds left. Using a stopwatch, there are 5 seconds before the clock begins to run. So even if it had been started at the drop of the puck, there still would have been 1+ seconds left.

• Like 1

Time left on the clock is very debatable. It is based on an individual touch on the stop watch which proves even more how WRONG those parents were for taking the game away from KIDS. Although not starting the clock was the only way they were winning because they were down and losing the entire game. 

Parents in the box were ALL Mt. Lebanon fathers of players on that team. 

Edited by one97one00
Do NOT personally identify anyone that can be connected to a youth player

Wonder why people hesitate to volunteer?  It was a mistake but probably not one that changed the outcome of the game. And I'm not that sympathetic. Both teams still had the same amount of ice time. What if shaha had scored, or did lebo cheat to get the goal in as well?

Bigger picture we should have independent volunteers where we can and the question about board representation may be legit as to where games are held.  

1 hour ago, Rippin Puckies said:

Time left on the clock is very debatable. It is based on an individual touch on the stop watch which proves even more how WRONG those parents were for taking the game away from KIDS. Although not starting the clock was the only way they were winning because they were down and losing the entire game. 

If parent doing the clock was a parent on the team playing in that game then that is wrong.  Leads to parent being too invested in the game to remember to start the clock or worse, purposely not starting it.  As I said, our organization would not even let parents do the clock/scoresheet if they had a player playing at that level (in other words, if you had a bantam age player, you couldn't do the clock for any bantam playoff game, you had to volunteer for a completely different age group).

To my understanding one of the head PAHL officials is also the ref coordinator for Mt. Lebanon, who ALSO assigns refs for Hornets games.

The goal should have been called back and the clock should have been restarted with the face off outside bc Mt. Lebanon parents held the clock and the inside PAHL official should have intervened... whoever that was

3 hours ago, Rippin Puckies said:

It’s called a valuable life lesson that will not impact your child as much as it has you.  The lesson?  “Life is hard.  And sometimes it isn’t fair.  Get over it and move on.”

Seems like they have a chance at redemption this weekend.  Maybe the focus should be on that vs the past.

4 hours ago, Rippin Puckies said:

After hearing about the game played out, I understand the 1st SHAHA goal was also debated by the refs by a questionable high stick.  Don't seem to be upset by the refs on that.  Sounds like you're even on questionable calls.