COVID Restrictions at Rinks

I heard yesterday that Mount Lebanon is requiring masking inside the rink building for everyone starting today. Masks are not required on the ice. They are required in lobby, stands, locker rooms, and bathrooms.

I figured this would happen again as the season started up, and it's worth noting that Lebo is a municipality-owned rink, and was probably the most restrictive of all rinks last season.

Has anyone heard of similar requirements at other rinks? I'm betting YMCA won't be far behind on this. The Y just released a policy for their summer campers at the Y building requiring masking.

3 hours ago, Lifelongbender said:

I heard yesterday that Mount Lebanon is requiring masking inside the rink building for everyone starting today. Masks are not required on the ice. They are required in lobby, stands, locker rooms, and bathrooms.

I figured this would happen again as the season started up, and it's worth noting that Lebo is a municipality-owned rink, and was probably the most restrictive of all rinks last season.

Has anyone heard of similar requirements at other rinks? I'm betting YMCA won't be far behind on this. The Y just released a policy for their summer campers at the Y building requiring masking.

RMU was pretty strict as well.  Haven't heard anything about the Y or RMU yet though. 

I would imagine county/municipality/school funded rinks will be strict, and for the rest it will be the wild west. 

Things are going to get worse as long as people refuse to be vaccinated. At this point, unless a doctor says someone shouldn't get it (which is why everyone else should), I have no sympathy for anyone who gets sick and/or dies. All they're doing is delaying recovery from this and ruining it for everyone else. 

• Uh, Ok 1

10 hours ago, nemesis8679 said:

I would imagine county/municipality/school funded rinks will be strict, and for the rest it will be the wild west. 

Things are going to get worse as long as people refuse to be vaccinated. At this point, unless a doctor says someone shouldn't get it (which is why everyone else should), I have no sympathy for anyone who gets sick and/or dies. All they're doing is delaying recovery from this and ruining it for everyone else. 

You exclude the children under 12 who aren't allowed to get vaxxed from that sentiment I hope? 

Edited by Saucey
Words missing
  • Like 1
  • Fist Bump 1

17 hours ago, nemesis8679 said:

We can all pontificate about who, what or how everyone is to blame, but the reality for everyone involved regardless of political allegiance and vaccination status is we are heading towards another interrupted hockey season in the area and the smart prepare for that…

unfortunately I see it becoming another reactionary event which doesn’t help local hockey. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BeaverFalls said:

We can all pontificate about who, what or how everyone is to blame, but the reality for everyone involved regardless of political allegiance and vaccination status is we are heading towards another interrupted hockey season in the area and the smart prepare for that…

unfortunately I see it becoming another reactionary event which doesn’t help local hockey. 

There really isn't much of a path out of this now.  The goalpost has been moved out of the stadium so I'm expecting we either buckle down and live as normally as possible with some risk like we do with everything else in life or we will be having interruptions to hockey season for the rest of our lives.  Vaccines help but both sides now admit that we are still getting a lot of breakthroughs and even enough to hospitalize people and that a variant will likely come along even more resistant to vaccines.  Not sure that anyone has a good long term goal now to get hockey back to a normal season without interruptions.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Saucey said:

You exclude the children under 12 who aren't allowed to get vaxxed from that sentiment I hope? 

Now what do you think? 

That's one of the most important reasons to be vaccinated, to protect those who can't. 

But let's just make up excuses and half-baked conspiracies to not get it, right? 

1 hour ago, nemesis8679 said:

Now what do you think? 

That's one of the most important reasons to be vaccinated, to protect those who can't. 

But let's just make up excuses and half-baked conspiracies to not get it, right? 

Dude, I am vaxxed. I am tired of people being crappy to each other, however, and wishing death on someone falls into that category. Tired of it all.

• Like 3
  • 100 1

The mythology of masks (and this "vaccine") is ridiculous.  Our entire family got COVID back in January 2020.  None of us got the Vaccine this year, nor do we plan to do so. However, the government is pushing this MYTH that you must get the prick even if you have had COVID.  No thank you.  I won't patronize anywhere that forces me to show proof of vax, when I already have the God Given antibodies in me.

If you're that damn concerned about catching coof, don't go out in public.  Masks AREN'T going to help unless you are practically wearing a mustard-gas preventing gas mask.

So glad I no longer have kids in youth hockey.  This is all BS.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Holy Moly 1

Well, I was just wondering if we could get updates about the current policies at rinks around the region. I'm not interested in anyone's opinions about masking or vaccines here, or political views. Just wanting to understand the policies of rinks in the area.

It's my thinking that we are going to be in the same boat as last season - coaches wearing masks on benches, players not required to wear them on the ice, and possibly restrictions on parents in rinks. I don't see this season evolving any differently than last season.

I thought that starting a conversation would give us all a place to note rink restrictions and policies as they are revised and released.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lifelongbender said:

Well, I was just wondering if we could get updates about the current policies at rinks around the region. I'm not interested in anyone's opinions about masking or vaccines here, or political views. Just wanting to understand the policies of rinks in the area.

It's my thinking that we are going to be in the same boat as last season - coaches wearing masks on benches, players not required to wear them on the ice, and possibly restrictions on parents in rinks. I don't see this season evolving any differently than last season.

I thought that starting a conversation would give us all a place to note rink restrictions and policies as they are revised and released.

Sorry @Lifelongbender I had to blow off some steam LOL.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...