2021 Placements

9 hours ago, RJUSHL said:

The only appeal game I know about is the South Pgh 2009 team appealing their 12U Major Black Placement. They played the Aviators 2010 team yesterday in an appeal game. MHR shows a 1-1 tie for the game.

Looks like South Pgh also tied Yetis AA and lost by 1 to Lebo AA. Not sure how PAHL placement committee will view those results. I'm guessing that's not convincing enough and that they will stay at Major Black.

Also based on the divisions that were posted earlier in this thread, it looks like the Aviators 2010 team will play PAHL AA this year. Kudos to them for staying in PAHL and playing teams almost exclusively a year older than they are.

I heard that the South Pgh team was moved up from Major Black to AA after the appeal. I'm surprised a tie would accomplish that. That means the 12U AA division went from 8 teams to 10 teams after placements and appeals. 

Any other appeals that people know about? There are have to be some.

Edited by RJUSHL

2 hours ago, HockeyDad23 said:

That 2010 AA Aviators team is coached by a coach that coached 10U AA at NP last year. He left and took most of the players from that team to the Aviators.

Ah. Aviators are definitely a home for the disgruntled. Like I've said, only a few organizations making players around here. Others are like scavengers.

51 minutes ago, Saucey said:

Ah. Aviators are definitely a home for the disgruntled. Like I've said, only a few organizations making players around here. Others are like scavengers.

Interesting, Who do you think are the organizations "making" players?  Taking geography out of it who do you think does the best job of developing players? 

4 hours ago, HockeyDad23 said:

That 2010 AA Aviators team is coached by a coach that coached 10U AA at NP last year. He left and took most of the players from that team to the Aviators.

I think most were Renegades (maybe 2/3?)  You can tell because the white helmet kids are the former Renegades, I think.

3 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Interesting, Who do you think are the organizations "making" players?  Taking geography out of it who do you think does the best job of developing players? 

Subjective question, depends on how you measure it. I would say, however, that a program that does not have mites, LTS, LTP, has no choice but to take players from the programs who do. 

• 100 1

26 minutes ago, Saucey said:

Subjective question, depends on how you measure it. I would say, however, that a program that does not have mites, LTS, LTP, has no choice but to take players from the programs who do. 

I got you but programs who do have all those things. Who does the best at developing players?  I see the big 3 North Pittsburgh, Allegheny and SCIR. Then Preds, Mt Lebo and SHAHA all in no particular order.  Is there historical data as to what orgs have won the most PAHL championships?

11 hours ago, nemesis8679 said:

What's up is from last year

You sure you are looking in the right place?  Stats pages look updated to me.  Everyone with 0-0 records and updated teams in the lists. Don't use the spreadsheet.  Click a division under the stats drop-down menu. 

6 hours ago, aaaahockey said:

You sure you are looking in the right place?  Stats pages look updated to me.  Everyone with 0-0 records and updated teams in the lists. Don't use the spreadsheet.  Click a division under the stats drop-down menu. 

Yes, that worked. It's updated now. 

On 9/27/2021 at 3:12 PM, RJUSHL said:

Looking at the Aviators MHR, they've done ok against some AA teams that are a year older. Where did this team come from? I don't remember them last year in squirts.

Edited by hockey55

• 1 month later...