Mid Am District Playoffs

Stars lost several as well... again, it is an individuals call as to what they do with their time and money.. kids develop differently and juniors guarantees you nothing... look at the ACHA teams, loaded with 2-3 year junior players that wanted to see it through and very good hockey... believe it or not, some want to play as long as they can and again, their decision.. maybe you all should be financial players or guidance counselors since you all seem to have the answers to what everyone else should do and with what organizations they should play for!!! Just absolutely ridiculous! Fair value isn't determined by anyone but those kids!! Try to take away the feeling of winning the Districts Banner and representing their organization and more importantly the Pittsburgh Region, because you don't like this organization or that organization!! Life is short!!! These kids are making friends and relationships that will last a very long time!!

Edited by The Tank
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hoser said:

Every U18 team at districts and natty's will have about the same mix of BY players. The majority of the 00's are still in high school enjoying their Senior year, living with their families and making more memories with their friends. Some are playing for multiple championships on multiple teams including other than ice hockey. Just maybe ice hockey is not gonna be their meal ticket for the rest of their life...So band mouthing these kids and organizations because they are happy playing tier 1 amateurs is pretty sad Wampa1.

No it’s not sad to “band mouth”. Whatever that is. If you had the slightest idea you’d know I was referencing players who have already graduated. All I did was ask why those guys aren’t in school if they aren’t moving on to juniors? How much money do you think you’ve given that organization? I was just curious what the mindset is behind it. What’s the end game? So they enjoy “one more year” then what? When is it over? What do they insist on enjoying “one more year” next? How about “one more year” off of school? 

8 minutes ago, The Tank said:

Stars lost several as well... again, it is an individuals call as to what they do with their time and money.. kids develop differently and juniors guarantees you nothing... look at the ACHA teams, loaded with 2-3 year junior players that wanted to see it through and very good hockey... believe it or not, some want to play as long as they can and again, their decision.. maybe you all should be financial players or guidance counselors since you all seem to have the answers to what everyone else should do and with what organizations they should play for!!! Just absolutely ridiculous! Fair value isn't determined by anyone but those kids!! Try to take away the feeling of winning the Districts Banner and representing their organization and more importantly the Pittsburgh Region, because you don't like this organization or that organization!! Life is short!!! These kids are making friends and relationships that will last a very long time!!

One minute they’re adults making decisions, now they’re kids making friends. Give me a break. I remember making friends when it didn’t cost a dime. Those are the things people say when they realize they spent the equivalent of a luxury sedan and their kid didn’t improve one bit. They just paid the bills for 3-4 players that Esmark was lucky to have. 

3 minutes ago, Wampa1 said:

No it’s not sad to “band mouth”. Whatever that is. If you had the slightest idea you’d know I was referencing players who have already graduated. All I did was ask why those guys aren’t in school if they aren’t moving on to juniors? How much money do you think you’ve given that organization? I was just curious what the mindset is behind it. What’s the end game? So they enjoy “one more year” then what? When is it over? What do they insist on enjoying “one more year” next? How about “one more year” off of school? 

Sorry I meant "bad mouth." Why do you care so much about the decisions a few kids and their families made? Are you chapped about losing to them?

2 minutes ago, Hoser said:

Sorry I meant "bad mouth." Why do you care so much about the decisions a few kids and their families made? Are you chapped about losing to them?

I was just curious what the local folks there think when they make decisions. You got your panties bunches up. If you’re going to be confrontational I have no problem outing idiots. Toughen up if you’re going to debate. 

5 hours ago, Wampa1 said:

I was just curious what the local folks there think when they make decisions. You got your panties bunches up. If you’re going to be confrontational I have no problem outing idiots. Toughen up if you’re going to debate. 

And yet another crash and burn comment thread led by the notorious @Wampa1.  Seems like you always seem to be the guy throwing the turd in the punchbowl. A meaningful and timely thread develops, then  @Wampa1 inserts his genius takes by bad mouthing kids and organizations, name calling others throughout this and other threads, "outing idiots," nothing but negativity with no solutions.  

We are talking about kids here bro.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, fafa fohi said:

And yet another crash and burn comment thread led by the notorious @Wampa1.  Seems like you always seem to be the guy throwing the turd in the punchbowl. A meaningful and timely thread develops, then  @Wampa1 inserts his genius takes by bad mouthing kids and organizations, name calling others throughout this and other threads, "outing idiots," nothing but negativity with no solutions.  

We are talking about kids here bro.

@Wampa1 has been issued a 1 week suspension and 2 point warning.  This is a forum for solid interaction, and while we can tolerate negativity done in a constructive manner, we don't need 3 posts in a row like was done above that serve little purpose other than to hit the hornet's nest.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, kunitz2sid said:

Just curious if any of these Esmark 2000 players (past or present) committed to any NCAA D1 programs?  They seem to get brought up on here all the time (probably by the same delusional parent).  

I believe Rapone committed to Duquesne and Rossi and Schmitzzi commited  to Ohio university 

• Like 2

I mean is that really considered a commitment? It's ACHA club hockey. Don't get me wrong, Ohio U is very strong club hockey but I was always under the impression that being committed was reserved for NCAA hockey. And regarding the two going to Ohio U, Esmark always uses their tag line of how many players that they get NAHL tenders for as a recruiting tool. Both of the Ohio U players received NAHL tenders. Words of advice to anyone offered a tender, DO NOT sign it. It means nothing. It will limit you to only being able to try out for that team only. If a team wants you, they will DRAFT you. Otherwise, keep your options open to attend 2 or 3 open camps.

18 hours ago, kunitz2sid said:

Just curious if any of these Esmark 2000 players (past or present) committed to any NCAA D1 programs?  They seem to get brought up on here all the time (probably by the same delusional parent).  

https://thejuniorhockeynews.com/the-death-pool-dont-believe-those-commitment-numbers-being-reported-facts-dont-support-the-claims/

Read this article about college commitments if you've NCAA college hockey in your plans. Ditto on junior hockey "tenders." Excepting the USHL.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2019 at 5:10 PM, Wampa1 said:

Most of these 17-18 year old’s “end game” is to play one more season of hockey at a high compete level. Some don’t know what they want to do for school and others aren’t ready to give up the dream of playing at a higher level. Who are you to judge where families spend their money and on decisions young adults make?

7 hours ago, Plud said:

Most of these 17-18 year old’s “end game” is to play one more season of hockey at a high compete level. Some don’t know what they want to do for school and others aren’t ready to give up the dream of playing at a higher level. Who are you to judge where families spend their money and on decisions young adults make?

Well first I can have any opinion I’d like. Second, spend money anywhere you want. I’ll reserve the right to criticize the decision to continue to pay for what, in my experiences opinion, is the worst value in WPA hockey. Put off real life to play at a higher level? Do you know how many of these players fail at even the ACHA level because they have not been prepared by that organization for what comes next? The least they can do is start a men’s league program for all of their players that will continue to want “one more year” in that organization. The least I can do is come on here and offer the experienced opinion as opposed to the biased opinion. 

5 hours ago, Wampa1 said:

Well first I can have any opinion I’d like. Second, spend money anywhere you want. I’ll reserve the right to criticize the decision to continue to pay for what, in my experiences opinion, is the worst value in WPA hockey. Put off real life to play at a higher level? Do you know how many of these players fail at even the ACHA level because they have not been prepared by that organization for what comes next? The least they can do is start a men’s league program for all of their players that will continue to want “one more year” in that organization. The least I can do is come on here and offer the experienced opinion as opposed to the biased opinion. 

Expressing opinions is what this hockey site is all about, however berating others and calling them idiots because they disagree with you or because they have chosen a different path than yours is something else entirely.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

Expressing opinions is what this hockey site is all about, however berating others and calling them idiots because they disagree with you or because they have chosen a different path than yours is something else entirely.

Look, i can’t cure hypersensitivity in people. I generalize that MY belief is that anyone that would do this is an idiot. If that hits home, I can’t help you. 

16 hours ago, Wampa1 said:

Actually I’m somebody who not so long ago played for a AAA team in the area and personally know several people who played as a second year U18 and did just fine.  Could you please provide your unbiased stats on who “failed even at the ACHA level” or are these your biased uninformed opinions? Or do you keep in contact with these kids and their families and know for a fact that they “failed”? You clearly have a grudge against tier 1 hockey in Pittsburgh. That’s fine. Claiming people “failed” at the next level with absolutely no basis behind that on an anonymous hockey forum that most don’t even know exists is the definition of irony.  You sir, have failed. Now don’t go getting hypersensitive about that 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Plud said:

Actually I’m somebody who not so long ago played for a AAA team in the area and personally know several people who played as a second year U18 and did just fine.  Could you please provide your unbiased stats on who “failed even at the ACHA level” or are these your biased uninformed opinions? Or do you keep in contact with these kids and their families and know for a fact that they “failed”? You clearly have a grudge against tier 1 hockey in Pittsburgh. That’s fine. Claiming people “failed” at the next level with absolutely no basis behind that on an anonymous hockey forum that most don’t even know exists is the definition of irony.  You sir, have failed. Now don’t go getting hypersensitive about that 

Not sure where I failed son but here’s a free lesson. I’m sure since you’re still on mom and dad’s dime you and I have a vastly different idea on what failure is. Trust me, my experience here is plenty deep and I’ve been at this before your caretakers even knew what hockey was, let alone mortgaging their home to make sure you could keep doing it “for the boys”, when you should have been moving on in life. Sure, there are plenty of AAA players that move on and succeed. What I’m referring to is the Esmark organization specifically. There have been players that the leaders of that club have been lucky to have. They would have been moving on no matter where they played. But as for the rest of the players (and no I don’t keep statistics nor do I care to) its criminal that any of them are left as roster filling, bill paying extras. At the U18 level especially, the team has a baby sitter as a coach and they’re skills either stay the same or get worse. It’s all about the good time there. Great teams but lots of wasted money and opportunity. I’m not anti-AAA. Love it actually. Big proponent of pushing yourself to the highest level possible. But I’m not a fan of encouraging young adults to waste years on “having fun”. That’s what we used to think was failing junior. Also, if not many people know this board exists, how pathetic is it that you decided to come on here to insert yourself into a topic you weren’t named in? That’s pathetic. Move on boy. Time to grow up.

11 hours ago, Wampa1 said:

Not sure where I failed son but here’s a free lesson. I’m sure since you’re still on mom and dad’s dime you and I have a vastly different idea on what failure is. Trust me, my experience here is plenty deep and I’ve been at this before your caretakers even knew what hockey was, let alone mortgaging their home to make sure you could keep doing it “for the boys”, when you should have been moving on in life. Sure, there are plenty of AAA players that move on and succeed. What I’m referring to is the Esmark organization specifically. There have been players that the leaders of that club have been lucky to have. They would have been moving on no matter where they played. But as for the rest of the players (and no I don’t keep statistics nor do I care to) its criminal that any of them are left as roster filling, bill paying extras. At the U18 level especially, the team has a baby sitter as a coach and they’re skills either stay the same or get worse. It’s all about the good time there. Great teams but lots of wasted money and opportunity. I’m not anti-AAA. Love it actually. Big proponent of pushing yourself to the highest level possible. But I’m not a fan of encouraging young adults to waste years on “having fun”. That’s what we used to think was failing junior. Also, if not many people know this board exists, how pathetic is it that you decided to come on here to insert yourself into a topic you weren’t named in? That’s pathetic. Move on boy. Time to grow up.

More biased opinions from you with no backbone,  no I’m not on my parents dime. I actually graduated from college and hold down a decent job. I have a few connections still playing so I tend to come on here and check every now and then to see what people are saying. You’re the type of guy who follows high school hockey with absolutely no connection to it. “Wasted opportunity” makes no sense. What would you say of someone like Trevor recktenwald who played a second year of U18 for Esmark and is now in his senior year free of charge playing D1 hockey for Ferris state?  There’s several more who went on partial scholarships to play D3 hockey. You have no stats. You say biased opinions and play them off like facts. Keep yelling at clouds old man. The worlds passing you by 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Plud said:

More biased opinions from you with no backbone,  no I’m not on my parents dime. I actually graduated from college and hold down a decent job. I have a few connections still playing so I tend to come on here and check every now and then to see what people are saying. You’re the type of guy who follows high school hockey with absolutely no connection to it. “Wasted opportunity” makes no sense. What would you say of someone like Trevor recktenwald who played a second year of U18 for Esmark and is now in his senior year free of charge playing D1 hockey for Ferris state?  There’s several more who went on partial scholarships to play D3 hockey. You have no stats. You say biased opinions and play them off like facts. Keep yelling at clouds old man. The worlds passing you by 

Well mom and dad need to get their tuition money back because that degree milk you went to fails to teach reading comprehension son. I clearly stated there have been players that did well there. Trevor was one of the players that the stars were lucky to get. How long did he play there by the way? Check with your contacts. There have been several more that helped carry the rest of the bill payers the club leaders make a living off of. Hetz, Brown, etc. all carried the reputation of the club. I’m sure you knew that. You got the stats I’m sure. Oh and way to go holding down a job. That used to be what you’re supposed to do. Not what you get a pat on the back for. I’m sure mom and dad are proud of you for having a job and having close contacts still playing. You’re the best boy. 

2 minutes ago, Wampa1 said:

Well mom and dad need to get their tuition money back because that degree milk you went to fails to teach reading comprehension son. I clearly stated there have been players that did well there. Trevor was one of the players that the stars were lucky to get. How long did he play there by the way? Check with your contacts. There have been several more that helped carry the rest of the bill payers the club leaders make a living off of. Hetz, Brown, etc. all carried the reputation of the club. I’m sure you knew that. You got the stats I’m sure. Oh and way to go holding down a job. That used to be what you’re supposed to do. Not what you get a pat on the back for. I’m sure mom and dad are proud of you for having a job and having close contacts still playing. You’re the best boy. 

Did you not read what you said? You accused me of living off my parent’s dime, which I’m not. Say something with facts behind it. So pops, get off your high horse and get a life. Players deciding to play an extra year has absolutely no effect on your life. For some, it might lead to something more (like Trevor and others). For others, it gives them an extra year to decide what they want to do next after high school. That does not make a person a failure. You’re a loser who’s trolling a blog that is meant to discuss local youth hockey. It’s about as sad as life gets. I truly hope you don’t have kids and if you do they don’t know you’re on here because they’d be absolutely petrified knowing you are like this on here. You can keep calling me “son” and “boy” and that’s fine because I know that right now at my age I am 5 times the man you’ll ever be pops

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Plud said:

Did you not read what you said? You accused me of living off my parent’s dime, which I’m not. Say something with facts behind it. So pops, get off your high horse and get a life. Players deciding to play an extra year has absolutely no effect on your life. For some, it might lead to something more (like Trevor and others). For others, it gives them an extra year to decide what they want to do next after high school. That does not make a person a failure. You’re a loser who’s trolling a blog that is meant to discuss local youth hockey. It’s about as sad as life gets. I truly hope you don’t have kids and if you do they don’t know you’re on here because they’d be absolutely petrified knowing you are like this on here. You can keep calling me “son” and “boy” and that’s fine because I know that right now at my age I am 5 times the man you’ll ever be pops

Too easy. Seems I’ve triggered another pretender on the board. Manhood is a long way off kid when your hero’s are midget hockey players. 

13 minutes ago, Wampa1 said:

Too easy. Seems I’ve triggered another pretender on the board. Manhood is a long way off kid when your hero’s are midget hockey players. 

My hero’s? My friends*. You’re the one who follows like a fan