How many??

I'm excited because we have played some lopsided games this year (both directions) and can hopefully find some close competition to play. That said, and I don't know others experiences, but it seems like it takes around 15+ games before the ratings really seem accurate enough?   Additionally, is this going to be like last year where a lot of teams take a while to show up on the rankings because of COVID etc or do we think it is going to be back to normal at least for the older groups?

Mark today as a day in history where many PARENT'S DREAMS were crushed because their superstar 9-10 year old's team didn't get the ranking they deserved and are now texting the coaches with practice plans and suggestions on tournaments and teams to play in order to increase their ranking.

• Like 2
  • 100 1

2 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

Mark today as a day in history where many PARENT'S DREAMS were crushed because their superstar 9-10 year old's team didn't get the ranking they deserved and are now texting the coaches with practice plans and suggestions on tournaments and teams to play in order to increase their ranking.

I am guessing the 11 Vengeance parents are not happy. As well as the 12 Foxes....yikes!

• ROTF 1

I was surprised to see Mt. Lebo 18U AAA ranked 40th and doing well in the beginning of the season.  I thought (but could be wrong) that the majority of the kids were 17 years old and it's impressive seeing them doing so well with a younger team.   Hats off to them.

Interesting to see the 18UAAA Vengeance ranked in the lower half of Tier I.   Alot of those kids came from the Predators AAA program and yet the Preds 18U AAA team is ranked 7 spots higher.  I am guessing the Preds organization is liking that.  Of course, as we all know- it's a very long season and things are going to change.  Of course the Icemen 18U AAA team is ranked 95th out of 108 teams which is not surprising.  

Both 18U (ranked 12th) and 16U (ranked 23rd) Esmark teams started very well in the rankings. It is a little surprising to see the 14U Esmark team get ranked 46th for a first year team.   But as noted before, it's a long season........

15 hours ago, aaaahockey said:

Is there something special about the 12 foxes?  

Not really, I just see that they haven't won a game yet, or even come close to winning one and are ranked 40th out of 42.. I wouldn't be too thrilled about it if that was my kids team. Then again they are all first year squirts and its a learning process. 

20 hours ago, 3 Boys said:

I was surprised to see Mt. Lebo 18U AAA ranked 40th and doing well in the beginning of the season.  I thought (but could be wrong) that the majority of the kids were 17 years old and it's impressive seeing them doing so well with a younger team.   Hats off to them.

Interesting to see the 18UAAA Vengeance ranked in the lower half of Tier I.   Alot of those kids came from the Predators AAA program and yet the Preds 18U AAA team is ranked 7 spots higher.  I am guessing the Preds organization is liking that.  Of course, as we all know- it's a very long season and things are going to change.  Of course the Icemen 18U AAA team is ranked 95th out of 108 teams which is not surprising.  

Both 18U (ranked 12th) and 16U (ranked 23rd) Esmark teams started very well in the rankings. It is a little surprising to see the 14U Esmark team get ranked 46th for a first year team.   But as noted before, it's a long season........

It’s really early. Look during the end of October when teams get up to 15  games. Good amount of teams not ranked yet because they have not played 5 games. 

Edited by Danner27
  • Like 2

On 9/30/2021 at 11:07 AM, Danner27 said:

It’s really early. Look during the end of October when teams get up to 15  games. Good amount of teams not ranked yet because they have not played 5 games. 

Very true.  I'm sure there will be a lot of movement.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/30/2021 at 10:50 AM, Corsi said:

Highest Ranked PAHL Teams:

'09:  SHAHA

'08:  Steel City

'07:  Allegheny

'06:  Steel City

'05:  Allegheny

You should keep this up and do everything 2012 and up to u18 for those of us not lucky enough to have one (or more) "AAA" players who care about PAHL

On 10/30/2021 at 10:38 PM, aaaahockey said:

You should keep this up and do everything 2012 and up to u18 for those of us not lucky enough to have one (or more) "AAA" players who care about PAHL

10 - Aviators

11 - North Pittsburgh

12 - Predators

If I'm reading MHR correctly

Edited by Ihearthockey

1 hour ago, Hattrick Swayze said:

Did any of the local AA or AAA teams do well at the CCM Chicago tournament this past weekend? 

It looks like U18 and U16 Vengeance both went 3-2. 05 SCIR went 4-1 and 06 Badgers went 5-1-1. The rest of the local teams didn’t fair too well. 

On 9/30/2021 at 10:50 AM, Corsi said:

Highest Ranked PAHL Teams:

'09:  SHAHA

'08:  Steel City

'07:  Allegheny

'06:  Steel City

'05:  Allegheny

I know the new rankings come out tomorrow so things might change but I'd love to see this keep going. Here is where it stands currently from the MHR.

18U- Arctic Foxes

05- Steel City

06- Allegheny

07-Allegheny

08- Steel City

09-SHAHA

10- Aviators

11- North PGH

12- Predators

• Like 1

• 4 months later...