How many??

10 minutes ago, forbin said:

So now PPE has dad coaches?!?

The PPE have always had dad coaches ?????. That is the only way some of their kids make the teams. 

That and if the PPE want a good older player they will take said kids crappy younger brother on a team just to get the older brother to play for them. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

The PPE have always had dad coaches ?????. That is the only way some of their kids make the teams. 

That and if the PPE want a good older player they will take said kids crappy younger brother on a team just to get the older brother to play for them. 

To avoid any "conflict of interest" yes there are dad coaches at PPE, however they do not coach their own kids and are assigned to other PPE teams........like that matters.  

Something tells me the sons of coaches have their golden ticket.

https://www.pittsburghpenguinselite.com/news_article/show/1144351

Edited by fafa fohi

16 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

To avoid any "conflict of interest" yes there are dad coaches at PPE, however they do not coach their own kids and are assigned to other PPE teams........like that matters.  

Something tells me the sons of coaches have their golden ticket.

https://www.pittsburghpenguinselite.com/news_article/show/1144351

That's not true either. Some of them may coach other teams but a lot of them still coach their kids too. It happened at the 07, 08 and 09 level at least. Whether head or assistant coaches. The deal with the Pens if you coach your kid is you don't get paid, which is why most of them coach a 2nd team. 

21 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

That's not true either. Some of them may coach other teams but a lot of them still coach their kids too. It happened at the 07, 08 and 09 level at least. Whether head or assistant coaches. The deal with the Pens if you coach your kid is you don't get paid, which is why most of them coach a 2nd team. 

I was referring to head coaches but if what you say is true, I stand corrected.  

3 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

I was referring to head coaches but if what you say is true, I stand corrected.  

Yep - the goalie son is an 09 and he is listed as 09 coach. Edwards also head coached his own son and it is apparent on the girls side as well. 

• 100 1

Several head coaches at PPE have had their sons on their team.  They are all very qualified good coaches.  I don't really know about the 09 coach you are talking about but the current 2007 head , Edwards, and Mooney have all been head coaches and coached their kids team.  They all did great jobs developing all the players and are more than qualified.  Again,  not sure on the 09 situation but who wouldn't want Mooney to coach their team and his son on it.  It is usually just for a year or two.  I guess you could hire a less qualified jamoke with no kids but that seems stupid to me.  

17 minutes ago, Carl Racki said:

Several head coaches at PPE have had their sons on their team.  They are all very qualified good coaches.  I don't really know about the 09 coach you are talking about but the current 2007 head , Edwards, and Mooney have all been head coaches and coached their kids team.  They all did great jobs developing all the players and are more than qualified.  Again,  not sure on the 09 situation but who wouldn't want Mooney to coach their team and his son on it.  It is usually just for a year or two.  I guess you could hire a less qualified jamoke with no kids but that seems stupid to me.  

If they are so great and developed ALL the kids, why did ppe cut 80% of the kids they coached?   They are either not so good or ppe is corrupt by your reasoning. Since they went 0-3 against a team of 6 kids they cut....... well, that could tell you the answer

Edited by Whoosh

16 minutes ago, Whoosh said:

If they are so great and developed ALL the kids, why did ppe cut 80% of the kids they coached?  

This is my question. Paying 10K- 35K for the "best development" but the kids who start rarely if ever finish at Pens (except relatives of coaches and a couple rare exceptional athletes).  What does that say about their development model?

1 hour ago, Whoosh said:

If they are so great and developed ALL the kids, why did ppe cut 80% of the kids they coached?   They are either not so good or ppe is corrupt by your reasoning. Since they went 0-3 against a team of 6 kids they cut....... well, that could tell you the answer

Yep, they cut them but they also developed them.  I am not saying the organization makes the best decision but at the squirt and pee wee level they do a pretty good job of developing kids skating/skills and are all very good/qualified coaches. Not arguing that some kids get cut that should not and other make teams that probably shouldn't.  As you said the team that beat the Pens 3-0 had a lot of kids Pens developed.  Glad to see they went elsewhere and pushed themselves to beat those teams.  That show great character and will do them well in life.  Personally, I would never be a third or fourth line player, pay for North Catholic, pay for Excel and Pens Elite.  It seems insane to me also.

Ps.  You can only get some much out of players.  If that were not the case everyone would go to Sid and Mc David's coaches and end up just like them.  That is why I warn parents about over doing it or just wasting money but everyone always says on this board "it's their money so what do you care".  

1 hour ago, Carl Racki said:

Ps.  You can only get some much out of players.  If that were not the case everyone would go to Sid and Mc David's coaches and end up just like them.  That is why I warn parents about over doing it or just wasting money but everyone always says on this board "it's their money so what do you care".  

PS.  Seems Cleveland was able to get more.......

• Like 1
  • 100 1

47 minutes ago, bender05 said:

one is from Preds and one is from mt Lebo

The one from Lebo is the son of the PPE coach that was brought in last season so his 06 son could play 15O. The 09's had already completed tryouts when he came so his 09 went to lebo. Everybody knew he would be on the team this year.

3 minutes ago, RoyalTraveller said:

The one from Lebo is the son of the PPE coach that was brought in last season so his 06 son could play 15O. The 09's had already completed tryouts when he came so his 09 went to lebo. Everybody knew he would be on the team this year.

so why cut both goalies? they seemed to be pretty successful 

2 hours ago, RoyalTraveller said:

The Lebo 09 AA goalie is very good from what I've heard. So he's now on Pens 09? Crazy how much these goalies all move around what seems like every single year.

Edited by RJUSHL
  • ROTF 1

5 hours ago, bender05 said:

so why cut both goalies? they seemed to be pretty successful 

The Lebo goalie had the second lowest goals allowed in PAHL AA and took his team to the championship (although they lost).  I think Preds had two goalies?  Looking at their scores it looks like goaltending carried them a lot too.  

20 hours ago, aaaahockey said:

The Lebo goalie had the second lowest goals allowed in PAHL AA and took his team to the championship (although they lost).  I think Preds had two goalies?  Looking at their scores it looks like goaltending carried them a lot too.  

I don't remember Preds goalies being anything special?