Pittsburgh Hockey Digest

Mitch

Haven’t been here in a bit, but this is Brian Mitchell from PHD… saw some posts about our whereabouts and wanted to clear some stuff up..

I usually go crazy from St. Margaret’s through the PIHL finals and then take the summer off, RMU definitely caused some turmoil for us internally as they were what started us out. 

We haven’t ceased to exist, just a tricky time for us. I have three other things going on, I host trivia and dj as well as my regular day job. The Margaret’s tournament and G/S tournament were a perfect storm of scheduling conflicts, so that didn’t pan out for me, and the other two guys are involved in their extracurricular activities that fell in the same situation. Our RMU men’s beat guy has a tricky schedule too, and a feature writer got into a “conflict of interest” situation due to his involvement in the RMU hockey foundation. 

The good news is that the league approached us for broadcasting this year, and starting with the finals of the Greensburg-Salem Tournament and continuing through 12 games in October. We’ll be out, maybe not as often, but we’re doing all we can. Thanks for the concern, though! 

Edited by Mitch
  • Like 3
  • Fist Bump 1

• Mitch changed the title to Pittsburgh Hockey Digest
28 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Haven’t been here in a bit, but this is Brian Mitchell from PHD… saw some posts about our whereabouts and wanted to clear some stuff up..

I usually go crazy from St. Margaret’s through the PIHL finals and then take the summer off, RMU definitely caused some turmoil for us internally as they were what started us out. 

We haven’t ceased to exist, just a tricky time for us. I have three other things going on, I host trivia and dj as well as my regular day job. The Margaret’s tournament and G/S tournament were a perfect storm of scheduling conflicts, so that didn’t pan out for me, and the other two guys are involved in their extracurricular activities that fell in the same situation. Our RMU men’s beat guy has a tricky schedule too, and a feature writer got into a “conflict of interest” situation due to his involvement in the RMU hockey foundation. 

The good news is that the league approached us for broadcasting this year, and starting with the finals of the Greensburg-Salem Tournament and continuing through 12 games in October. We’ll be out, maybe not as often, but we’re doing all we can. Thanks for the concern, though! 

Happy to hear you're still around!

• 100 1