another Vengeance goalie poach

10 minutes ago, Jack Handey said:

I heard the Vengeance just acquired another PAHL goalie, this time from North Pitt.  In mid-October.  Can anyone confirm?  Also, why can't the Vengeance seem to retain goalies?

Do you know what age group?  I might be able to find out. 

2 hours ago, Jack Handey said:

I heard the Vengeance just acquired another PAHL goalie, this time from North Pitt.  In mid-October.  Can anyone confirm?  Also, why can't the Vengeance seem to retain goalies?

Are you sure that they aren't just replacing the goalie that was poached from them by the Pens. 

52 minutes ago, sadday4hockey said:

Now, we're turning the burners up to high. Mid-October, people realize that their team expectations were too high coupled with parent dreams being crushed make for great theater on here.

This is so spot on, I have nothing to add here.

IIRC Rosters are not set for national bound teams until December 31. If the parents want to eat whatever costs are associated with jumping teams so be it...

The players, parents, and coaches from the team you left might see it differently and hold it against you..... even if they would jump at the same offer....

Nothing new to see here, move along...... Or pass the popcorn,

• Like 3

On 10/19/2021 at 7:21 AM, hockeydadlife said:

07 vengeance don’t look very dominant and neither does the north Pitt results.

They have the worst record of all vengeance teams.  They are rated below 4 local AA teams.  They are currently out of the running for mid-am.  So to spark the team, they gobble up the goalie from another losing team.  Is this a good strategy to turn things around?

1 hour ago, Jack Handey said:

They have the worst record of all vengeance teams.  They are rated below 4 local AA teams.  They are currently out of the running for mid-am.  So to spark the team, they gobble up the goalie from another losing team.  Is this a good strategy to turn things around?

You know things are not good with Vengeance 07 when Tri-State, Indy Jr. Fuel are ranked higher and they are currently #7 out of eight teams for Mid-Ams. And to gain four points on a current rank of 88.9 to get into the top four qualifiers that is nearly impossible to do.

But I am sure the new goalie's parents are extra proud of their now AAA level son for getting "the call."

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, hockey55 said:

Is there any truth to Vengeance and Esmark trading 09 11 year old goalies??! Lol

I think it was discussed elsewhere on here. Wasn't a trade.  Vengeance cut their 09 goalie at the start of the season and added the Esmark one.  Esmark picked up the kid who was cut.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, aaaahockey said:

I think it was discussed elsewhere on here. Wasn't a trade.  Vengeance cut their 09 goalie at the start of the season and added the Esmark one.  Esmark picked up the kid who was cut.  

They cut a 11-12 year old goalie in the fall after they named him or her on the team in the spring? 

Actually, with the growth of hockey in Western PA  and Columbus, they should have left it at 8. Take these factors into consideration.

1. With PE now starting the out of town/state/country influx at 13U - you now have some pretty good players looking for a home and it is usually Esmark, Barons or Vengeance/Preds. In that order. Plus you now have both TriState and Indy Fuel as part of the TPH family so there really is no reason to limit it to 6. Would 5-8 have a legitimate chance? No, but neither do teams with a 5 seed or higher in the NCAA basketball tournament. This covers 14/15/16U.

2. At 18U you add in both Gilmour and Culver so why not 8?

1 hour ago, dazedandconfused said:

Actually, with the growth of hockey in Western PA  and Columbus, they should have left it at 8. Take these factors into consideration.

1. With PE now starting the out of town/state/country influx at 13U - you now have some pretty good players looking for a home and it is usually Esmark, Barons or Vengeance/Preds. In that order. Plus you now have both TriState and Indy Fuel as part of the TPH family so there really is no reason to limit it to 6. Would 5-8 have a legitimate chance? No, but neither do teams with a 5 seed or higher in the NCAA basketball tournament. This covers 14/15/16U.

2. At 18U you add in both Gilmour and Culver so why not 8?

bc NOT EVERYONE is a winner.... it SHOULD be top 4