another Vengeance goalie poach

19 hours ago, dazedandconfused said:

Actually, with the growth of hockey in Western PA  and Columbus, they should have left it at 8. Take these factors into consideration.

1. With PE now starting the out of town/state/country influx at 13U - you now have some pretty good players looking for a home and it is usually Esmark, Barons or Vengeance/Preds. In that order. Plus you now have both TriState and Indy Fuel as part of the TPH family so there really is no reason to limit it to 6. Would 5-8 have a legitimate chance? No, but neither do teams with a 5 seed or higher in the NCAA basketball tournament. This covers 14/15/16U.

2. At 18U you add in both Gilmour and Culver so why not 8?

6 is plenty. 6 is half and in some BY more than half qualifying for the tournament. 

18’s - 12 teams 

16’s - 11 teams 

15’s - 8 teams 

14’s - 9 teams 

Edited by Danner27

30 minutes ago, Ihearthockey said:

Two shutouts for the Vengeance this weekend.  Granted against a low tier AAA team.  But maybe that poach has value.   More likely...too early to tell.  

Hopefully this is sarcasm.  Working out for the team isn't an excuse for sacrificing ethics. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Duster19 said:

Ethics in youth sports?  The lessons that some parents teach their kids these days is awful.  Not all, but enough.  Don’t blame the kids, it’s the parents that disappoint the most.

That's what I think about. But...as a society we are going that direction. Me me me. 

On 10/25/2021 at 7:11 AM, Duster19 said:

Ethics in youth sports?  The lessons that some parents teach their kids these days is awful.  Not all, but enough.  Don’t blame the kids, it’s the parents that disappoint the most.

I guess I'm even mor surprised because the vengeance don't use parent coaches correct?   

The team Vengeance played and had  two shut outs against would be ranked about fifth in PAHL AA.  That team is also 4 of the  Vengeance 6 wins.  The goalie they picked up is good but the team is a AA team with a few AAA players.  If you are not ranked in the top 30-40 in USA all, you are not a AAA team in my opinion.  Teams hate to play lower ranked teams because it usually hurts them in the ranking so they choose to play independent to try to look better.

9 minutes ago, forbin said:

The Ohio Prospects do not appear to be a very strong organization from top to bottom. 

Agree, Ohio Prospects are not strong at all.  The 07 Vengeance team would have been better playing Tier 2 this year.  The kids would probably have had a much better time and a chance at Tier II Nationals.  They will never qualify for Tier I Mid-Am playoffs this year.

10 minutes ago, 3 Boys said:

Agree, Ohio Prospects are not strong at all.  The 07 Vengeance team would have been better playing Tier 2 this year.  The kids would probably have had a much better time and a chance at Tier II Nationals.  They will never qualify for Tier I Mid-Am playoffs this year.

No disagreement there.  I think I said in another thread that these are all new kids on this team playing with each other for the first time, getting their first taste to this level of hockey.  Their goal should be to improve throughout the year and end the year as a better team than when they started, but expectations should be tempered.  

Edited by Ihearthockey

32 minutes ago, 3 Boys said:

How does that process work? Are they able to move down to Tier 2 now or is it too late? Perhaps the players, parents and organization wouldn't want to "swallow their pride" anyway. 

23 minutes ago, forbin said:

How does that process work? Are they able to move down to Tier 2 now or is it too late? Perhaps the players, parents and organization wouldn't want to "swallow their pride" anyway. 

Ain't no way in hell a team starting the season at AAA drops to AA Tier 2, under any circumstances.  Can you imagine the irate parents paying AAA dollars for their superstar kid to then play the lowly dregs in AA, while demanding some sort of kick back or refund?  

• Like 1
  • 100 1

17 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

Ain't no way in hell a team starting the season at AAA drops to AA Tier 2, under any circumstances.  Can you imagine the irate parents paying AAA dollars for their superstar kid to then play the lowly dregs in AA, while demanding some sort of kick back or refund?  

Maybe, and just maybe the group of parents are sensible would rather see their son actually win some games and be happy, than care about that extra A.

I know, I'm completely off my rocker for even thinking it.

12 hours ago, forbin said:

Maybe, and just maybe the group of parents are sensible would rather see their son actually win some games and be happy, than care about that extra A.

I know, I'm completely off my rocker for even thinking it.

But Little Gretzky Jr. WANTS that competition, he CRAVES it. LIVES for it!! There is just nowhere else that he can find any other competitive players to play against! There's just not a team within the entire Pittsburgh area that can keep up with him! It's scary to think how good he'll be once he hits 11 or 12! He'll be lacing them up for the London Knights in no time. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

Very true.   Just like the Icemen teams, you pay AAA costs even if you are placed in Tier II like the 07 team is this year.   Crazy to pay that amount to play AA.  

22 hours ago, forbin said:

It is to late to drop down to Tier II.  And even if they could I was told the Vengeance association would never do it and have any of their teams play AA.

On 10/26/2021 at 9:59 AM, aaaahockey said:

I guess I'm even mor surprised because the vengeance don't use parent coaches correct?   

They do use parent coaches.  At least they did last year and that was one of the main reasons a lot of the 07 kids went to Esmark.

52 minutes ago, 3 Boys said:

They do use parent coaches.  At least they did last year and that was one of the main reasons a lot of the 07 kids went to Esmark.

Parent head coaches or assistant? 

Also, completely unrelated and strictly a vanity issue. Why don't they provide pant shells for the youth teams, and why don't they have the players last name on their jerseys?

I mean even the most basic of PAHL teams have those for their kids. 

1 hour ago, 3 Boys said:

At least they did last year and that was one of the main reasons a lot of the 07 kids went to Esmark.

And there it is, the "fake news". They left because one of the main driving forces behind the move has an older kid there and has his deals in place. They left because a move to Esmark was going to catapult them into the top 30. Check the rankings from last year #60 to this year #64, and what do you know you are who you are. Jersey change and non-parent Coach and still the same results. You want to talk about a group who think they all have the next NHL player, that's the group.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just heard the Vengeance just poached acquired a defenseman from a Renegades team.  Word came from a very reliable source - can anyone confirm?  It cannot be true because something like this would never happen, especially from such a dignified organization this late into the season.  Say it ain't so.

Nothing like some fresh chum going into the holidays.

Cheers!

Edited by fafa fohi
  • ROTF 1

1 hour ago, fafa fohi said:

I just heard the Vengeance just poached acquired a defenseman from a Renegades team.  Word came from a very reliable source - can anyone confirm?  It cannot be true because something like this would never happen, especially from such a dignified organization this late into the season.  Say it ain't so.

Cheers!

If it was the '10 team that may be true. A lot of those parents are getting ready to walk because of the coach. 

2 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

Cheers!

Trade deadline.  Coaches making moves.  Rosters lock in 8 days for USAH.  ?

• ROTF 2
  • 100 1