another Vengeance goalie poach

3 hours ago, PUCKCOVID19 said:

so your saying the parents dont like Mark Voit?  Goes to show how retarded Vengeance parents are...... guys an amazing coach !!!

Great coaches coach ALL their kids, which apparently isn't happening. Parents are "retarded " as you would say because they want the coach to focus on all the kids and not just his own kid. ✔✔✔ Sorry hockey is a team sport not a me sport. 

2 hours ago, Pucks11 said:

Maybe something with that age group in general. From what I have seen over the years parents are getting nuttier and nuttier at the younger age groups. 

BOY ARE THEY IN FOR A SUPER LET DOWN, BUT DONT WORRY PPE ESMARK VENG WILL ALL KEEP FEEDING THESE PARENTS THE HOOK LINE AND SINKER UNTIL THE PARENTS ONE DAY COME TO THEMSELVES AND SEE LITTLE JOHNY IS JUST ANOTHER AVERAGE PGH KID 

• 100 2

On 12/23/2021 at 9:21 PM, Pucks11 said:

Great coaches coach ALL their kids, which apparently isn't happening. Parents are "retarded " as you would say because they want the coach to focus on all the kids and not just his own kid. ✔✔✔ Sorry hockey is a team sport not a me sport. 

I hear he is a good skating coach but not a very good head coach. Half of 2010 team left last year because of the same issues, including a former NHL player who was his assistant, although i do not know if he left for the same reason as the "ret---ed" parents.

It will be interesting to see if the Vengeance organization sides with the coach or the parents.

32 minutes ago, BACKCHECKING said:

I hear he is a good skating coach but not a very good head coach. Half of 2010 team left last year because of the same issues, including a former NHL player who was his assistant, although i do not know if he left for the same reason as the "ret---ed" parents.

It will be interesting to see if the Vengeance organization sides with the coach or the parents.

That is what I have heard. If his kids involved then the kid is all that matters but by himself he is good. 

That assistant coach supposedly left because it didn't look good on the Pens because said NHL player was on the Pens network and helping out another local team. 

I need everyone participating this thread to tone it down a notch.  I've already removed one over the top post and if needed, I will either delete this whole thread or lock it if the crap continues.

You can have disagreements and dislike other people / coaches on this forum but over the top bashing isn't needed OR PERMITTED. 

STATE THE FACTS and move on.  Remember, me and my moderator will be the judges of what is unacceptable.  We will not tolerate peoples KIDS being dragged into discussions.  

Honestly, I can't blame ANYONE for taking their child to wherever they want to play.  It's not your business why so and so takes their kid from Org A to Org B.  Let it go and let them do what they want.

PB

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Paul Baxter said:

I need everyone participating this thread to tone it down a notch.  I've already removed one over the top post and if needed, I will either delete this whole thread or lock it if the crap continues.

You can have disagreements and dislike other people / coaches on this forum but over the top bashing isn't needed OR PERMITTED. 

STATE THE FACTS and move on.  Remember, me and my moderator will be the judges of what is unacceptable.  We will not tolerate peoples KIDS being dragged into discussions.  

Honestly, I can't blame ANYONE for taking their child to wherever they want to play.  It's not your business why so and so takes their kid from Org A to Org B.  Let it go and let them do what they want.

PB

Fair enough @Paul Baxter

Respectfully, the point I want to make is there something to be said for a player / parent to quit a team they were a part of since summer time to join another team for that extra A just weeks before the rosters need to be finalized.  If this player was my kid I would have politely said "no" and used it as a teaching moment for him to stay committed to his current teammates and finish the season, and if his desire was to play for that team next season that is what tryouts are for.  

No venom being thrown here, just an opinion.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

Fair enough @Paul Baxter

Respectfully, the point I want to make is there something to be said for a player / parent to quit a team they were a part of since summer time to join another team for that extra A just weeks before the rosters need to be finalized.  If this player was my kid I would have politely said "no" and used it as a teaching moment for him to stay committed to his current teammates and finish the season, and if his desire was to play for that team next season that is what tryouts are for.  

Additionally in my opinion it's gross for teams to be trying to poach kids from other teams mid season to begin and especially to cut kids mid season (like the goalie situation) 

On 12/30/2021 at 9:00 AM, fafa fohi said:

Fair enough @Paul Baxter

No issue whatever with your comment above, or in this thread. Personally, I feel the same in regards to your comment above. @fafa fohi you're a valuable contributor and thanks for your input.

The issue I dealt with on this thread was specific to one family and one poster, and that has been dealt with.

It is fair game to talk about this sort of "poaching".

I have heard of AAA and AA teams (mainly AAA) doing these shenanigans at the end of the year, so that is not new to me at all.  What needs to happen is people need to be made aware of this situation and think twice about patronizing teams - specifically in my mind - that cut players on 12/31 (or thereabouts), and swap in another player.

That is very wrong in my opinion, unless there was some medical issue that the player was done for the season.

Cutting young kids on 12/31 to swap in another player in my opinion is harmful to all those involved but USA Hockey will never look into these issues.

If my player was busting their butt to play on an AAA team and then suddenly gets cut on 12/31, that creates a horrible situation for that player to find another team and be eligible for playoffs/nationals/etc.   Midam and USAH really should review these cases individually and grant waivers where needed to prevent these players that were cut at the last minute from not having a team to play for immediately.

• Like 3
  • Fist Bump 2

• 2 months later...
On 12/30/2021 at 6:36 PM, aaaahockey said:

Additionally in my opinion it's gross for teams to be trying to poach kids from other teams mid season to begin and especially to cut kids mid season (like the goalie situation) 

is this why Vengeance 09 lost both goalies 

24 minutes ago, Hockey00 said:

is this why Vengeance 09 lost both goalies 

The rumor is that one of them is moving to Florida, and the other was told he wasn't coming back and will be at SHAHA 09 pending the outcome of PPE tryouts.  

1 hour ago, dazedandconfused said:

Is it better to tell them they aren't coming back or collecting their tryout money and then sending them packing? Maybe?

definitely should be told they aren’t going to make it again so they can find another team-also trimming down players after 2 nights of tryouts would also help people move on

• Like 1

On 3/29/2022 at 9:58 AM, Corsi said:

The rumor is that one of them is moving to Florida, and the other was told he wasn't coming back and will be at SHAHA 09 pending the outcome of PPE tryouts.  

haha. already promised spot before tryouts. what a joke

On 3/29/2022 at 9:58 AM, Corsi said:

One is indeed moving to FL and the other i believe went to Esmark. He tried out for PPE and didn't make it.

1 hour ago, Tendymom said:

One is indeed moving to FL and the other i believe went to Esmark. He tried out for PPE and didn't make it.

one went to Florida alliance.  One to esmark after being told not to try out at vengeance again.  Possibly both pens goalies to vengeance ?