another Vengeance goalie poach

Question because it seems like this is happening across multiple years. Are people moving to Florida for hockey or for weather/politics?  I know the kid who got drafted went to Florida for a while right?   I never really thought about Florida as a place to move to develop hockey but maybe I'm old school or out of the loop?

12 hours ago, aaaahockey said:

Question because it seems like this is happening across multiple years. Are people moving to Florida for hockey or for weather/politics?  I know the kid who got drafted went to Florida for a while right?   I never really thought about Florida as a place to move to develop hockey but maybe I'm old school or out of the loop?

Tampa supposedly has a really good program

A lot of NHL veterans are retiring to Florida and are coaching.  But imagine those idiots in FL. I can only find one AAA program - the Florida Alliance. Don't they know that they should be following the Pgh model and have at least 20 AAA programs.  Instead they are competing at the AA level across the state. What a bunch of hayseeds.

• ROTF 1

1 hour ago, Denis Lemiuex said:

A lot of NHL veterans are retiring to Florida and are coaching.  But imagine those idiots in FL. I can only find one AAA program - the Florida Alliance. Don't they know that they should be following the Pgh model and have at least 20 AAA programs.  Instead they are competing at the AA level across the state. What a bunch of hayseeds.

The Florida Alliance are a group of kids mixed from all over the state and around the country that get together to travel. They have only AA and A hockey down there still. Not 100% sure but I think most of the kids play on their respective AA and A teams for the season.