Alpha ice live barn question

10 minutes ago, GrumpyOldPucker said:

So what's up with all of the privacy codes for about 50% of the live barn Alpha ice broadcasts? Not wanting to start a pie fight about this, just curious. Any info is appreciated.

It may have something to do with the colleges that play out of there. 

I have asked and been told that Alpha blocks 99% of their weekday/night slots because of teams practices. They only allow it to be accessed on the weekends for games, but even then sometimes it’s locked. I am not sure about the college games but I know the majority of PAHL, PIHL and Vengeance games you can watch. 

Most of the rinks block school hockey practice sessions, too. The programs are allowed to ask them to.

I have noticed that it pays to wait for games at Alpha. For games that start between half hours, like 9:10 PM, for instance, it's not at all uncommon for it to still be locked at 9:00 but unlock a minute or two before game time, or even shortly after the game starts. It's frustrating but if you keep trying you'll often get in to watch the games after all.

Edited by Lifelongbender
  • 100 1

12 minutes ago, dazedandconfused said:

The rules, the science....... the BS. Take a chance, Jack. Live life on your terms, it's way more fun.

The last guy that I heard that from about two months ago, has been dead for a month. I guess he lived his 40-odd years on his terms, though. Too bad about his wife and 4 kids, though I guess. 

• forbin locked this topic