Armstrong vs Mars incident

Absolutely disgusting display from Armstrong fans last night at the Belmont complex. Mars has a female goaltender, last night chants coming from the student section of "she's a wh*re", references to tampons, and sexual harassment all took place.  The officials, as well as Armstrong board members, sat back and let this happen and did nothing.  Not a single spectator thrown out.  How this can happen is beyond me.  Mars goalie was in tears during the ice cut, visible even in the stands across the ice.  Unfathomable that this was allowed to happen and nothing was done and it was allowed to continue the entire game.  Chants are heard plain as day on the livebarn feed, as well As on the broadcast on boxcast.tv, these officials Zmenkowski and Trego should absolutely be reprimanded for allowing this to occur.

• Angry 2

I did not witness or watch any of the feeds, but if true it’s disgusting and sad. Personally I don’t place responsibility on the on-ice officials (they have enough to deal with). This falls directly on the Armstrong board!  Students these days have a tendency to cross line and it’s your responsibility to keep them in line and provide a safe and reasonably respectful environment for all. What happens on your ice and in your stands is a direct reflection of your program and leadership!  If you don’t have the guts to tell your students to STFU, then get your security to do it (every PIHL game has paid security). 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, sutton said:

Absolutely disgusting display from Armstrong fans last night at the Belmont complex. Mars has a female goaltender, last night chants coming from the student section of "she's a wh*re", references to tampons, and sexual harassment all took place.  The officials, as well as Armstrong board members, sat back and let this happen and did nothing.  Not a single spectator thrown out.  How this can happen is beyond me.  Mars goalie was in tears during the ice cut, visible even in the stands across the ice.  Unfathomable that this was allowed to happen and nothing was done and it was allowed to continue the entire game.  Chants are heard plain as day on the livebarn feed, as well As on the broadcast on boxcast.tv, these officials Zmenkowski and Trego should absolutely be reprimanded for allowing this to occur.

How nice - the student section chanting "she's a whore."  

WTF is PIHL going to do about this?  It's all on video.  

And will the coaching staff / board from Armstrong have the balls to do anything by banning these assholes from ever attending another hockey game?  And what were the parents and board members sitting in the Armstrong area thinking other than doing nothing?  

Edited by fafa fohi
  • 100 2

No more students at the games.  Only parents.  The on ice officials should have done something.  Game management should have done something.  One of the parents should have done something.  Somone from the rink should have done something.  Isn't there a police officer at all PIHL games?

3 minutes ago, HSFBLJ said:

No more students at the games.  Only parents.  The on ice officials should have done something.  Game management should have done something.  One of the parents should have done something.  Somone from the rink should have done something.  Isn't there a police officer at all PIHL games?

Police officer is posted up right by the student section, if you watch the game you will see him walk around.  Didn't do a thing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mitch said:

I might not have a big pull with the league but I just sent something over to the commissioner directly. I hope the league takes it seriously.

Both on ice officials were absolutely aware of the chants and again chose to do absolutely nothing.  Mars coaches were all over them.

Sadly this sort of thing is all too common in that rink. What world do we live in where anybody can think this sort of behavior is acceptable?

I don't know what, if any, provision there is in PIHL rules under which the program could be sanctioned for this, but at the least they should ban spectators for high school hockey entirely in that noxious barn. They only have their own kids, and their own inaction, to thank for it.

They're lucky there wasn't a brawl. I have a female player in my family and it would be hard to sit still for this sort of unfathomable behavior. Great parenting, Armstrong parents. My own kids would never leave the house again if they were involved in something like this.

• Like 1

Should have at minimum been warned. Then a bench penalty, then ejected. The whole student section, if need be. That would be the minimum, for the refs to at least protect themselves. 

This should be turned in to PIHL and USA Hockey, and the other team should have to forfeit games. And no students the rest of the season. I'd really crack down hard on this. 

And I guarantee that if that were my daughter, or hell, if I were there, it would have been escalated right then and there. This is bullshit, that girl is a child. I hope at least her teammates stood up for her and consoled her. 

Boy, does stuff like this make my blood boil. Armstrong County trash. 

Edited by nemesis8679
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

§ 2709.  Harassment.

(a)  Offense defined.--A person commits the crime of harassment when, with intent to harass, annoy or alarm another, the person:

(1)  strikes, shoves, kicks or otherwise subjects the other person to physical contact, or attempts or threatens to do the same;

(2)  follows the other person in or about a public place or places;

(3)  engages in a course of conduct or repeatedly commits acts which serve no legitimate purpose;

(4)  communicates to or about such other person any lewd, lascivious, threatening or obscene words, language, drawings or caricatures; …

If the goalie was my kid, I would be calling the police, getting a lawyer and filing criminal harassment charges. The PIHL, Armstrong Riverhawks hockey, the Armstrong school district, MIDAM, USA Hockey and the refs would also be named in filing. 

Amazing how if a spectator says something about the refs during a game, they will stop the game and address it, and oftentimes won’t resume the game until that person leaves. But this wasn’t worth stopping the game over? It’s absolutely sickening. The people who take SafeSport training and are supposed to protect these kids (refs, coaches, board members, etc) all did nothing? That is honestly scary. 

• Like 4
  • 100 1

It's very hard to understand. But then, women weren't able to get credit in their own names until my generation, along with other things that treated them as man's property. Maybe not so surprising.

Any time I see a post by USA Hockey celebrating a woman or minority, a good twenty percent of the comments are terrible. With the Blackhawks stuff hitting the news ... hockey has such a long way to go. Society has a long way to go. Just scratching the surface 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hockey57410 said:

That is nothing new for Belmont or Armstrong.  If you've ever played there or seen the parents, you'll understand.  

That seems to be the common tone to the thread for some, and almost seems to be like "eh, that's armstrong for you, that always happens there".  BS, Something needs done on this and action needs taken to make sure nobody else has to endure this type of treatment.  We are talking about a 16 year old female here.  The league needs to come down hard here, not to mention Safesport and USA hockey.  The officials knowingly let these chants happen the entire game, and took no action.  There is a security guard walking by the student section multiple times without so much as saying a word.  Armstrong board members are sitting just to the right of the student section, nothing was done.  It is a total and complete failure by all involved, but I'll bet the mortgage that Zmenkowski and Trego will be reffing and blowing calls next week, two of the absolute worst in the area.

• Like 1
  • Fist Bump 1

2 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

Armstrong player taking a slash to a Mars player, only followed with a "he's a pussy" chant from the Armstrong trash.

Also, Mars didn't even end up with a Power play here.  Yep, a chop to the HEAD was a 2 minute slash, any other official throws that player out.