Recruiting tools?

Yes I noticed that the roster I was looking at was 19-20.  I wonder why they quit updating it?  It looked like a really good website.  I also couldn't find this years schedule but I didn't dig too much. Thanks again.  Looks like about a split in players from Juniors and straight out of High School. Interesting to see a couple of 25 year old College Hockey Players.  

3 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Yes I noticed that the roster I was looking at was 19-20.  I wonder why they quit updating it?  It looked like a really good website.  I also couldn't find this years schedule but I didn't dig too much. Thanks again.  Looks like about a split in players from Juniors and straight out of High School. Interesting to see a couple of 25 year old College Hockey Players.  

Many of these programs have changed their online presence from websites to Twitter and/or Instragram. 

IUP is very active on Twitter ->   IUP Ice Hockey (@IUPIceHockey) / Twitter

IMO it's not so much that a kid coming from high school hasn't played AAA or juniors but that they are in fact competing with grown men. Many of the "freshmen" on these teams over 20 years old.  An 18 year old coming straight from HS still has a lot of physical development left to complete.

Edited by powderfinger

Being that it’s club hockey (albeit extremely competitive teams) I don’t see the need to force playing juniors of some level.  The ultimate goal here is to find a place that offers the education you need/want.

If you were trying to go NCAA and possibly beyond, then I’d consider a legitimate junior program.  Consider…

10 hours ago, BeaverFalls said:

Being that it’s club hockey (albeit extremely competitive teams) I don’t see the need to force playing juniors of some level.  The ultimate goal here is to find a place that offers the education you need/want.

If you were trying to go NCAA and possibly beyond, then I’d consider a legitimate junior program.  Consider…

Except you look at those competitive club rosters and a large number are older and did play a few years before starting even the club team. ? Too expensive to do that imho. I am with you, try to see if you can get on rather than play some low level juniors. That is co crazy to me.