Tragedy

I don’t know anything about the situation but just now came across a small article that a hockey player (ACHA) from California University of PA (CAL U) passed away unexpectedly yesterday. The article stated the school & family are trying to start a scholarship in this players name. there is very little info published. It’s mainly on social media. I have a few resources in my line of work that are always supporting higher education scholarships, I would like to try to get them involved with something like this for the hockey community. 

if someone reading this is close to the situation, I am very sorry for your loss. 

"Visitation and funeral details have not yet been determined. A scholarship in King’s name will be established in the future, and the team will honor him with a memorial at a home game once returning this spring. The family wishes that any financial donations please go towards the scholarship that will be created in Branson’s memory. Please continue to check the Vulcans website and social media accounts for continued updates as more details will be provided as they become available."

Danner did you read the whole article?  Above taken from article!

1 hour ago, hockeyisgreat said:

"Visitation and funeral details have not yet been determined. A scholarship in King’s name will be established in the future, and the team will honor him with a memorial at a home game once returning this spring. The family wishes that any financial donations please go towards the scholarship that will be created in Branson’s memory. Please continue to check the Vulcans website and social media accounts for continued updates as more details will be provided as they become available."

Danner did you read the whole article?  Above taken from article!

Yes, it says in the future. I get that. The future for me could be next week, the future for you could be a year. I’m hoping it’s sooner rather than later. Not for my donation, for the two corporations I have interested. 

Absolute tragedy.  My son was one of his roommates and the whole team is devastated. 

The team is going by bus to his viewing on Sunday and to his memorial service in Hamburg, PA (past Harrisburg).

Please donate to his scholarship fund (link was posted above) if you can.  Branson was a really good person and it's super hard to have this happen to the hockey community.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Paul Baxter said:

Thank you Paul, I passed the link onto both corporations I work with. Both will be donating before years end. It’s not anything crazy but it’s a start & both are western pa companies! 

54 minutes ago, Wes said:

Absolute tragedy.  My son was one of his roommates and the whole team is devastated. 

The team is going by bus to his viewing on Sunday and to his memorial service in Hamburg, PA (past Harrisburg).

Please donate to his scholarship fund (link was posted above) if you can.  Branson was a really good person and it's super hard to have this happen to the hockey community.

I’m sorry for your son’s loss, I figured at some point we probably had a regular poster around here that would be connected to this. I hope western PA gets behind this scholarship. Wishing the best for your son & the team during this awful time.