USA Hockey Rate Increase

55 minutes ago, HereWithPopcorn said:

I guess they need more fees for the lawyers.  There is no reason a local Midget aged kid playing PAHL or PIHL should be forced to pay "Union Dues" at $70 for the privilege of playing the sport.

image.png.e7aa3cf54db4ef5ae2b1a7c77a18f567.png

Yes, it is ridiculous and sad.  USA hockey CLAIMS they want to grow the sport but they just keep making an already expensive sport more expensive.  Cost is what kills ice hockey.  I know lots of dek hockey players and roller hockey players that would love to play ice hockey but can not because they can not afford it or parents do not want to spend the money.  This will help. Having trouble getting refs, why not tack on a $90 fee for them to register plus the jersey, pants, pads, whistle , background check fees,.....   

• Like 1

On 2/18/2022 at 3:19 PM, fafa fohi said:

I believe this is the fist time USA Hockey fees are tiered based on BY.

You would think there would be a grandfathering in of the older kids. 

Or maybe it is the way it is because older kids are more likely to sustain injury and therefore are higher risk for insurance claims.

Oh well, they didn't run this one by me.

3 hours ago, Jack Handey said:

therefore are higher risk for insurance claims

I would LOVE to see an accounting of what they have actually paid out in claims over the years versus what they have collected/paid in premiums. Your personal insurance is always used first so only people with no insurance or limited coverage can even start the process of trying to utilize their insurance and while I've thankfully never had to look into it I do know several families who have and they it's a very difficult process to deal with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sadday4hockey said:

I would LOVE to see an accounting of what they have actually paid out in claims over the years versus what they have collected/paid in premiums. Your personal insurance is always used first so only people with no insurance or limited coverage can even start the process of trying to utilize their insurance and while I've thankfully never had to look into it I do know several families who have and they it's a very difficult process to deal with.

That's just called The State of Insurance in the United States.