Tier 2 States Seeding

The Tier 2 State tournament seeding and schedule has been released. The tournament will be played at Ice Castle between 3/3-3/6. Should be some fun hockey to watch over that weekend! There are some really good local teams and hopefully we get some good matchups for the Championship games! There were some surprises when they released the seeding.

At 14U it went straight off the MHR's.

At 16U the 06 PHA Icemen had a better MHR than SHAHA but  SHAHA got the bid to the tournament over them.

At 18U the top 4 came straight from the MHR scores. After that it is confusing, Preds 305 should have been 5th and are  8th, Steel City should have been 6th and are 5th, Keystone Wild should have been  7th and are 6th, SHAHA Panthers should have been 8th and are 7th. Beyond the discrepancy with how they seeded the teams who are the Keystone Wild? They are rostered under the State College Icer's organization but have only played 12 games this season and their record is 3-6-3. There was not much else to choose from at the 18U age level but this team is a total mystery. Good Luck to all of the teams involved!

Here is the seeding breakdown at the respective age levels:

14U:

1- Allegheny Badgers, 2- South Hills Panthers, 3- Arctic Foxes, 4- Pittsburgh Huskies, 5- Pittsburgh Predators, 6- PHA Icemen, 7- North Pittsburgh, 8- South Pittsburgh

16U:

1- 05 Steel City, 2- 06 Allegheny Badgers, 3- North Pittsburgh, 4- Armstrong Arrows, 5- 06 Steel City, 6- Mid State Mustangs, 7- Pittsburgh Predators, 8- South Hills Panthers

18U:

1- Arctic Foxes, 2- Allegheny Badgers, 3- Armstrong Arrows, 4- Pittsburgh Predators 304, 5- Steel City, 6- Keystone Wild, 7- SHAHA Panthers, 8- Pittsburgh Predators 305

They take the rankings as of a certain date so they can plan accordingly. Teams close in ranking may have interchanged since then.

6 hours ago, Hattrick Swayze said:

At 16U the 06 PHA Icemen had a better MHR than SHAHA but  SHAHA got the bid to the tournament over them.

They are listed as Tier 1 which means they aren't eligible for Tier 2. But hey, they'll all be back to buy another vowel I'm sure.

• ROTF 2

58 minutes ago, sadday4hockey said:

They take the rankings as of a certain date so they can plan accordingly. Teams close in ranking may have interchanged since then.

They are listed as Tier 1 which means they aren't eligible for Tier 2. But hey, they'll all be back to buy another vowel I'm sure.

They used last weeks rankings to seed the teams. The 15U Icemen are not listed tier 1 and we’re higher ranked than SHAHA. Just seems odd to me. 

48 minutes ago, Hattrick Swayze said:

The 15U Icemen are not listed tier 1 and we’re higher ranked than SHAHA

I see you used the word we're which implies you have a player on the team. Perhaps you should check with your organization because your team is NOT listed in the 16U Tier 2 NB rankings for Mid-Am District. https://myhockeyrankings.com/rank.php?d=MM&y=2021&v=127

This could signify a couple of things such as your organization never filed the paperwork or they filed the paperwork for Tier 1 and then tried to change it to Tier 2 (love that about face option) and were denied.

• ROTF 2

5 hours ago, hockeydad29 said:

Anyone know anything about this Keystone Wild 18U team?

"The State College Youth Ice Hockey Association (SCYIHA) is excited to announce our first ever tournament teams, the Keystone Wild! In collaboration with other local associations, SCYIHA is the charter organization for the Keystone Wild, where we offer a team for players seeking a higher level of skilled competition at 14U and 18U, while also allowing those players to continue to play with their friends at their home associations."

3 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

I see you used the word we're which implies you have a player on the team. Perhaps you should check with your organization because your team is NOT listed in the 16U Tier 2 NB rankings for Mid-Am District. https://myhockeyrankings.com/rank.php?d=MM&y=2021&v=127

This could signify a couple of things such as your organization never filed the paperwork or they filed the paperwork for Tier 1 and then tried to change it to Tier 2 (love that about face option) and were denied.

Just a typo on my end it was supposed to say were not we’re. I have nothing to do with the Icemen. Just saw on their MHR they’re listed as AA so I assumed they were not registered as a Tier 1 team.  I was looking at the PA ranking page and not the Tier 2 ranking page. 

23 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Will there be a website that we can visit to see the game schedules and results?  Does the rink running the tournament coordinate or is it a Mid Am thing?  If it's Mid Am I'm not very optimistic about getting info.

Last year the host rink posted results I think. 

On 2/23/2022 at 8:42 AM, hockeyisgreat said:

Will there be a website that we can visit to see the game schedules and results?  Does the rink running the tournament coordinate or is it a Mid Am thing?  If it's Mid Am I'm not very optimistic about getting info.

The MidAm website might be the worst and most outdated website I have ever encountered.  When you still rely on faxing as a way to forward documents or have articles that are over three years old, it speaks for itself.

If anyone out there has kids playing in the tournament please post scores - thanks.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jack Handey said:

Actually they use a relatively modern design from SportEngine which is only 6-7 years old.  The problem is getting them to create and update content around the tournament and spring/summer camps.  They really do struggle with public presentation of content.  

6-7 years old is way outdated in todays world.  SportEngine is also the worst compared to Team Snap.  SportEngine is not user friendly!

• Like 1
  • 100 1