PAHL Playoffs

Some early surprises in yesterday’s PAHL playoffs and for U16 AA it looks like the 05 Renegades ( ranked #5 in Tier 2 ) will play the 06 Renegades in the championship game.

And will anyone beat the U18 Foxes team that is ranked #19 in the country for Tier 2?  Many of their players got a taste at Nationals last year when they were on the 04 NP team.  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRktR-kIWnXnotIiPCtcZJsQt9hbzHXKoyTavAkdjblQsmxktbEm64G-lTU0rPNSXZU00suOZzZfMly/pubhtml

Edited by fafa fohi

Injured. Illness. Their own decision. Some other reason. If you don't know, don't make something up. Clearly NA varsity kids played PAHL games this weekend.

It's nice to win the PAHL banner, but I would think having healthy players for MidAms and the Penguins Cup is more important than the games this weekend.

Next man up.

4 hours ago, dazedandconfused said:

Allegheny might since Foxes best players are in the stands.

NA has injured players including at least one who plays on the Foxes.  He also didn't play in NA's final reg season game on Thursday.  And one other may have been injured on Thur...

2 hours ago, fafa fohi said:

Really?  Do you want me to name names on the U18 Foxes roster, the U16 NP roster and the U16 06 Renegades team that played yesterday?

I know @Paul Baxter doesn’t want us to list names on this thread, but you are wrong bro. Trust me on this. 

Well, his screen name is 'dazedandconfused'. 

• ROTF 2

Again, I’m just here setting the record straight that NA Varsity players played in PAHL playoffs this past weekend. One or two of them may have not played for a variety of reasons, but the notion that the NA coach did not allow his players to play is absolutely false. 

A look at the games on LiveBarn will confirm this. 

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Like 1

Where I would likely draw the line here is when posting possible private info about a player, such as a private tryout with PPE (how are we supposed to validate that??), etc.

I certainly don't mind discussing how good a particular player is, but you have to be a little more selective about posting info that might be private.

I edited @Danner27's post because I didn't feel that some of the info in there was really needed in this post, plus there is no way to validate it.

If someone wants to post something like "I talked to #4 after the game and he said...", or "I talked to #4's parents and they told me..."  that is (to me) a little more substantial than posting info that we don't know the source of.  If a post like that is made, we know the origins of it because you're stating the source.  When you post "heard that XYZ is trying out here, etc." I have to decide whether or not to keep that post based on it's merits... which is not a good thing for me.

We're on a balance beam here trying to make sure we stay on the beam and not go too far one way or another.

Thanks all-

PB

• Like 3
  • Fist Bump 1

On 2/28/2022 at 3:45 AM, Pa Hockey said:

Nonsense Danner

@ 43 for NA is going to College to study and # 4 NA is only a Junior,,,,,,,,you need to talk to the parents before spreading rumors .......STOP!

(CONTENT DELETED). PB.  

Edited by Paul Baxter

51 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Wow!  Interesting what you guys are tossing back and forth.  I thought it was illegal to tryout or get an offer until 48 hours after the Nationals or something like that.  I thought I read where there could be significant penalties for programs not following the rules.

It’s PPE - they control mid am. Have the backing of a pro team. They do what they want. A “skate” is not a “try out”. They do it every year looking at kids from all around North America. It’s no secret when the real tryouts start, there is never more than 2-3 spots open. 

Edited by Danner27
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ynot02 said:

Wow Danner, what a good friend you are blabbing personal details all over a message board. Hopefully it’s worth the chest thumping high that you’re feeling. SMH 

It’s not personal details. None of this is a secret, the kid & his family talk about it publicly. It’s a kid trying to figure out what’s next in his life. Discussions like this have been taking place on here for years. 

im not thumping my chest, just stating the truth, Not hearsay because I’m lurking around rinks trying to sell books. 

Edited by Danner27

2 hours ago, Danner27 said:

It’s PPE - they control mid am. Have the backing of a pro team. They do what they want. A “skate” is not a “try out”. They do it every year looking at kids from all around North America. It’s no secret when the real tryouts start, there is never more than 2-3 spots open. 

So because they are PPE and they control MidAm that makes it OK?  And to say a "skate" is not a tryout is as delusional as they are.  And once again I ask what your problem is with PA Hockey? He does more to promote Western Pa and PIHL hockey on here than any of the rest of us.  There must be something personal that goes way back. Time for you to bury the hatchet!

3 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

So because they are PPE and they control MidAm that makes it OK?  And to say a "skate" is not a tryout is as delusional as they are.  And once again I ask what your problem is with PA Hockey? He does more to promote Western Pa and PIHL hockey on here than any of the rest of us.  There must be something personal that goes way back. Time for you to bury the hatchet!

It’s really not personal with pa hockey, he rubbed me the wrong way when he claimed most of the team transferred from slippery rock (his kid was one) when the team shut down. He claimed it was unjust. The old thread is still here.  That team needed shut down. It was known for years the issues with hazing, underage excessive drinking, stripper parties, etc. do you think the school would put out that statement if it wasn’t true ? Anyway, most did not transfer out. They stayed, half joined the inline hockey team that is something like 1 in the nation. He exaggerated the transfer  situation for certain reasons. Who transfers college for club hockey ??????? Oh that’s right. 

the behind the scenes crap he tries to pull for his home area school. He didn’t like it much and did not comment when I posted what he was saying up there to other FR parents who I know with kids still playing on that team.

if you’ve been around long enough, you would know. I could go on but I won’t air out all the crap he’s pulled over the years while pulling the shades down over the local hockey communities eyes. 

and if you read above, he says what i stated about the foxes / NA player is false (PB has now edited my original post) he accused me of lying.  I’m friends with the family and know the actual truth. Not second or third hand because I creeped into a rink to try and sell books out of my car, talked to a few parents that had no desire to commute with him. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

On PPE - life’s not fair,  It’s the way it is. Doesn’t make it right but PPE isn’t the only team that does it. All the top tier 1 teams do it. It’s always been that way. 

11 hours ago, Paul Baxter said:

Where I would likely draw the line here is when posting possible private info about a player, such as a private tryout with PPE (how are we supposed to validate that??), etc.

I certainly don't mind discussing how good a particular player is, but you have to be a little more selective about posting info that might be private.

I edited @Danner27's post because I didn't feel that some of the info in there was really needed in this post, plus there is no way to validate it.

If someone wants to post something like "I talked to #4 after the game and he said...", or "I talked to #4's parents and they told me..."  that is (to me) a little more substantial than posting info that we don't know the source of.  If a post like that is made, we know the origins of it because you're stating the source.  When you post "heard that XYZ is trying out here, etc." I have to decide whether or not to keep that post based on it's merits... which is not a good thing for me.

We're on a balance beam here trying to make sure we stay on the beam and not go too far one way or another.

Thanks all-

PB

Thanks Paul Baxter but apparently others cannot read .... like us SRU Graduates and IUP MBA Students can LOL? The Pennsylvania High School Hockey Championships Book has lots of pictures for those folks just $ 24.00 www.pahockey.net 

Edited by Pa Hockey
  • ROTF 1