Hockey Factory 2022 Senior Chowder cup Team

2022 Senior Chowder Cup -

TEAM INFORMATION:

Head Coach: Conrad Waite (Duquesne University)

Assistance Coach: Steve Kruk (Pittsburgh Vengeance)

2002 - 2005 Birth Years

TOURNAMENT INFORMATION:

Dates: July 21-24, 2022

COST:

TRYOUT DATES:

March 28 and March 30, 9 PM at Alpha Ice Complex

For more information, contact Coach Conrad Waite at duquesnehockey@yahoo.com

The John Cunniff Senior Chowder Cup is one of the most heavily scouted showcase events in the country. Previous scouts in attendance have included representatives from the NHL, OHL, NCAA, NCDC, BCHL, NAHL and more. In addition, past members of Iron City Hockey under Conrad Waite have moved on to play high level juniors & college including in the CCHL, OJHL, NCDC, NCAA D1, D3, and more.

$$ grab for the alpha tourney people, one of you folks ran the vengeance summer tourney teams. 18 kids @ $400 is $7200. The jerseys get returned if you continue to follow the old vengeance plan. 3-5 spring ice practices, that’s it ?!? (cheaper ice) along with the entry fee and fee bucks for coaches - my guess you guys are pocketing about 4k Your partner who schedules the ice at alpha is just going to sell the dead time he can’t sell. 

no scouts that matter attended that tournament anymore. Those days are long gone. You’ll find a few tier 3 junior recruiters & advisors (people that want the kids for money) that’s about it. 

Edited by Danner27
  • Like 1

Been to this a few times.  Agree with Danner, I have seen a few but not many scouts in attendance.  Maybe Sunday morning they come for the elimination rounds.  Maybe. 

The hockey is surprisingly not so good to watch because, well, it's all summer teams.  No teamwork in a group that has only played/practiced together a few times.  Speaking of teamwork, I have seen some very strong teams from Canada come down and absolutely destroy US summer teams.   So, beware the Canadians if they are allowed in this year.

Would I go again?  Yes, but only because there is neat stuff in Boston to see and I can build a summer trip around this.  Unless your players is a phenom, there are better uses of your money at ages 13, 14, 15 unless you are building this into the family vacation plan.  A final thought, usually by late July, most tier I and tier II junior teams already have their main camp sold out.   Think about that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Danner27 said:

$$ grab for the alpha tourney people, one of you folks ran the vengeance summer tourney teams. 18 kids @ $400 is $7200. The jerseys get returned if you continue to follow the old vengeance plan. 3-5 spring ice practices, that’s it ?!? (cheaper ice) along with the entry fee and fee bucks for coaches - my guess you guys are pocketing about 4k Your partner who schedules the ice at alpha is just going to sell the dead time he can’t sell. 

no scouts that matter attended that tournament anymore. Those days are long gone. You’ll find a few tier 3 junior recruiters & advisors (people that want the kids for money) that’s about it. 

Don’t forget after holding tryouts for their tournament teams, they then offered a spot on a last minute idea secondary team to essentially every kid that tried out. Because after all, why have just one money grab spring team per age group when you could have two!?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hockeyisgreat said:

So what do you do if your kid wants to play spring hockey?

If cliff or yuri still coach summer teams tryout for them. Your player will get real coaching and some quality practices. They won’t tell you there will be “scouts” at whatever tournament you attend.  

23 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

If cliff or yuri still coach summer teams tryout for them. Your player will get real coaching and some quality practices. They won’t tell you there will be “scouts” at whatever tournament you attend.  

Thanks, doing some Yuri mini clinics. Who is Cliff? Not sure if Yuri is doing spring teams! I'm going to check that out.

Having the possibility of being cut days before the roster deadline only to be replaced by out of country import players is not something I ever wanted my kids exposed to.  And if I had kids playing today I would feel the same way.  

You-know-who should not be placed on any pedestals IMO.

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Jack Handey said:

Probably Cliff Loya.  https://nationalelitehockey.com/

I don't believe Cliff and National Elite are doing spring tournament teams anymore. Not like when they would take a group to Canada or Buffalo each spring.

Cliff and Tyler Kennedy teamed up to run spring teams under First Line Events. Last year was the first year for this but they just kind of mixed up the talent within each birth year and all the teams in each BY had four games where they scrimmaged each other.

This year Cliff and TK have multiple teams within each BY and kids are placed based on ability. They have a couple 2007 teams playing in the Super Series in May. The rest of their spring teams are playing in the Pittsburgh Summer Sizzler by Defender Hockey Tournaments in June. They have teams in the AA and A divisions.

Edited by RJUSHL

25 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Do you know what age groups and where I might find some info on all this.

2007's - 2014's. As of last week I know they were looking for a few kids to fill spots on some of the teams, but I think most teams are wrapped up. Could be wrong. If you fill out the form, I'd also suggest sending an email as well.

https://www.firstlineevents.com/

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe_WzyitONlRqM4F5_tWnF4Od7mIKWnGIM4jnTg7qW30kPimQ/viewform

Edited by RJUSHL
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...