Allegheny Badgers 2022-23

Huh???  My kid aged out a few years ago.  Not sure what that is supposed to mean.  I know about the SHAHA 09 team because I have a friend with a player on the team and because of that relationship I went to some of the games this past season.

On 3/7/2022 at 1:50 PM, Corsi said:

I reached out to my friend about this.  It has nothing to do with the SHAHA organization not making it easy to schedule the independent games, it was that the ice time was already accounted for by other teams in the organization having PAHL games scheduled, which took precedence to the independent games.  He did mention that the organization and the scheduler have been very supportive, but this was an issue with other teams within the organization's regular season game schedule being a higher priority.

This is what I meant.  You gotta have the ice to schedule the independent games.  If you don't have access to the ice it is hard to schedule games.  Usually a team gets so many game slots.  How many varies by organization.   Sounds like the 09 had to use their for their PAHL games and didn't have any left for their independent games. 

if they were smart, they would all stick together and continue playing AA pahl and independent AAA teams like the 05 renegades did, chase another tier 2 national championship.. otherwise they will get lost in AAA hockey and never get the chance to experience another national championship run.

but parent egos will get in the way as usual.. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, rock said:

if they were smart, they would all stick together and continue playing AA pahl and independent AAA teams like the 05 renegades did, chase another tier 2 national championship.. otherwise they will get lost in AAA hockey and never get the chance to experience another national championship run.

Key words "if they were smart"

Renegades U16 were up 2-0 in the final last time I looked.

Edited by fafa fohi

1 minute ago, fafa fohi said:

Key words "if they were smart"

Renegades U16 were up 2-0 in the final last time I looked.

correct!,

and they won 2-0 congrats to them! 

Edited by rock

On 3/31/2022 at 2:13 PM, Corsi said:

Huh???  My kid aged out a few years ago.  Not sure what that is supposed to mean.  I know about the SHAHA 09 team because I have a friend with a player on the team and because of that relationship I went to some of the games this past season.

you know a lot for a spectator 

29 minutes ago, rock said:

The Badgers parents egos are not big enough to move to AAA, they would much rather play down and win championships against lesser teams. They have racked up 101-16-13 record with a plus +393 goal differential over the last 2 seasons. 

• Dislike 3

31 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

The Badgers parents egos are not big enough to move to AAA, they would much rather play down and win championships against lesser teams. They have racked up 101-16-13 record with a plus +393 goal differential over the last 2 seasons. 

They didn't win the National Championship so why should they move? Still at least 1 team better than them. When they are the top dog then you could criticize them for not moving up!  Besides how do you know that the whole team will come back next year?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

Teams can’t win in this position.  Mt Lebo 2004 played PAHL AA a few years ago and went undefeated and was criticized for not playing independent AAA and winning all their PAHL games.  But then when teams win divisions and want to go independent, they are accused of trying to get the third A.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

They didn't win the National Championship so why should they move? Still at least 1 team better than them. When they are the top dog then you could criticize them for not moving up!  Besides how do you know that the whole team will come back next year?

They are the top dog locally, play better teams and challenge yourself a little bit and the kids might get better. 

3 minutes ago, Hockey00 said:

Teams can’t win in this position.  Mt Lebo 2004 played PAHL AA a few years ago and went undefeated and was criticized for not playing independent AAA and winning all their PAHL games.  But then when teams win divisions and want to go independent, they are accused of trying to get the third A.  

I agree with what you are saying but there are some cases where teams SHOULD go for the 3rd A. Most of the teams in the area chasing that 3rd A are not good enough and didn't win like the Badgers 07's. Don't brag about going undefeated or 1 loss in 2yrs of local play and not try and at least challenge yourself at some point. That team could complete at the Tier 1 Midams at least. They finished 6th in 07 Midams, ahead of 1 of the teams that made the Midam tournament. 

4 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

I agree with what you are saying but there are some cases where teams SHOULD go for the 3rd A. Most of the teams in the area chasing that 3rd A are not good enough and didn't win like the Badgers 07's. Don't brag about going undefeated or 1 loss in 2yrs of local play and not try and at least challenge yourself at some point. That team could complete at the Tier 1 Midams at least. They finished 6th in 07 Midams, ahead of 1 of the teams that made the Midam tournament. 

I just mean they will be criticized either way.  Criticized if they stay PAHL and criticized if they play independent 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Wow, I just looked at their MHR schedule for this year and it looks like they played all over the place and had a lot of close games. even in PAHL.   They were ranked 7th in the country and finished 2nd. Maybe it is the perfect fit for this team.

Look at their record before and after mid November when their best player that left for AAA came back to AA. 

1 minute ago, Hockey00 said:

I just mean they will be criticized either way.  Criticized if they stay PAHL and criticized if they play independent 

I know what you mean, just sad that a team that could actually compete chooses not to. 

11 minutes ago, hockey07 said:

so what should 05 renegades do next year? 09 Shaha?

The 05's would have been in the Midam tournament for Tier 1 with their record.

The 09's we can judge after their first year of checking and then come back to it. They could have all the skill in the world but get hit once and turn into Sami Kapenan. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

The 05's would have been in the Midam tournament for Tier 1 with their record.

The 09's we can judge after their first year of checking and then come back to it. They could have all the skill in the world but get hit once and turn into Sami Kapenan. 

The 05's probably would not have had the record they had in Tier 2 if they played a Tier 1 schedule, so that makes no sense.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

The 05's probably would not have had the record they had in Tier 2 if they played a Tier 1 schedule, so that makes no sense.

The 05s didn’t even win the AA division-they won playoffs and mid am in overtime with a penalty shot to win over 06 badgers.  Agreed with FAFA Fohi that really didn’t make sense 

Edited by hockey07

4 minutes ago, hockey07 said:

The 05s didn’t even win the AA division-they won playoffs and mid am in overtime with a penalty shot to win over 06 badgers.  

The 05s didn't win the AA Division because they had 6 less fair play points and lost it by 1 point.  They had a much better PAHL record than 06 badgers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pucks11 said:

They are the top dog locally, play better teams and challenge yourself a little bit and the kids might get better. 

Top dog locally?  All their games in mid ams were only won by 1 to 2 goals.  Certainly not blow outs.   Maybe the competition in Western PA is a lot better than people posting here think.  SHAHA, Foxes, Huskies and Preds all played the Badgers close and some of those teams beat and tied them this year as well.  I guess it just shows we had a really solid AA group for the 2007 PAHL if the Badgers made it to the finals.

AGAIN, if the 8 teams that played Mid Ams would have stayed together and had a league it would have been very competitive minus North Pittsburgh and add the AVERAGE 2007 Vengeance.  No, everyone has to go independent, travel all over and not play each other. Super smart

1 hour ago, Carl Racki said:

Top dog locally?  All their games in mid ams were only won by 1 to 2 goals.  Certainly not blow outs.   Maybe the competition in Western PA is a lot better than people posting here think.  SHAHA, Foxes, Huskies and Preds all played the Badgers close and some of those teams beat and tied them this year as well.  I guess it just shows we had a really solid AA group for the 2007 PAHL if the Badgers made it to the finals.

AGAIN, if the 8 teams that played Mid Ams would have stayed together and had a league it would have been very competitive minus North Pittsburgh and add the AVERAGE 2007 Vengeance.  No, everyone has to go independent, travel all over and not play each other. Super smart

Close games or not 1 loss in the last 2yrs in PAHL doesn't seem to competitive to me. 29 more goals than the 2nd place team and a +82 goal differential on the season. Last season 51 more goals than the 2nd place team and a +96 goal differential. That seems really competitive. 

2 hours ago, Pucks11 said:

Close games or not 1 loss in the last 2yrs in PAHL doesn't seem to competitive to me. 29 more goals than the 2nd place team and a +82 goal differential on the season. Last season 51 more goals than the 2nd place team and a +96 goal differential. That seems really competitive. 

You must be delusional and have a kid or friend on the 2007 Badgers team then.  I don't care what they did the last five years, this past year many teams caught up and tied, beat or played them within a goal maybe two.  Again, look at their mid am scores, all one or two goal games.  I wouldn't call that domination.  TEAMS RANKED  THE TOP 40 ARE LEGIT AAA TEAMS.  Teams in the 50,60,70,80,.....are really good AA teams with a few AAA players.  Keep drinking the Kool-Aid.  The schedule they played this year was pretty smart.  You can add a few higher level tournaments with the wanna be AAA teams that are ranked in the 50-80 positions.  Actually, just go independent and add the A so you can tell your friends he plays AAA and are two good to play local teams.  Travel all over the country to play similar or lesser competition.    Whatever makes you feel better. 

6 hours ago, Carl Racki said:

You must be delusional and have a kid or friend on the 2007 Badgers team then.  I don't care what they did the last five years, this past year many teams caught up and tied, beat or played them within a goal maybe two.  Again, look at their mid am scores, all one or two goal games.  I wouldn't call that domination.  TEAMS RANKED  THE TOP 40 ARE LEGIT AAA TEAMS.  Teams in the 50,60,70,80,.....are really good AA teams with a few AAA players.  Keep drinking the Kool-Aid.  The schedule they played this year was pretty smart.  You can add a few higher level tournaments with the wanna be AAA teams that are ranked in the 50-80 positions.  Actually, just go independent and add the A so you can tell your friends he plays AAA and are two good to play local teams.  Travel all over the country to play similar or lesser competition.    Whatever makes you feel better. 

I wouldn't let my kid play for that coach but if I had a kid/friend on the team I would tell them to push themselves. What fun is there in killing teams in the regular season games. They could be independent and play whoever they want anyways. After 2yrs of dominating a division they should want to challenge themselves and make their kids better. 

Some of the best AAA teams in the country don't even have all AAA caliber players. Most teams have 1 or 2 really good lines and the 3rd/4th are there to take up space and a little time. 

If they want to play as a AA team then don't schedule AAA teams and keep collecting hardware while your kids don't get better. 

• Dislike 1