Allegheny Badgers 2022-23

16 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

I wouldn't let my kid play for that coach  

Maybe their coach doesnt want your kid on the team.  Why do you even care??  Say Congratulations and move on with your miserable life.  

21 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

I wouldn't let my kid play for that coach but if I had a kid/friend on the team I would tell them to push themselves. What fun is there in killing teams in the regular season games. They could be independent and play whoever they want anyways. After 2yrs of dominating a division they should want to challenge themselves and make their kids better. 

Some of the best AAA teams in the country don't even have all AAA caliber players. Most teams have 1 or 2 really good lines and the 3rd/4th are there to take up space and a little time. 

If they want to play as a AA team then don't schedule AAA teams and keep collecting hardware while your kids don't get better. 

Again, DELUSIONAL PARENT, look at their scores in mid ams and against the top half of PAHL.  I wouldn't call beating teams by  1 or 2 goals killing them and most of the two goal games were because of an empty net guessing.  Teams and players caught up.  They are a great team but AGAIN, the eight teams at mid ams were all very close with the exception of North Pitt(who by the way tied the Badgers) and honestly any of the four top teams could have won. Take out North Pitt and put the average 2007 Vengeance team in their spot and it would be a great league.  Eight very competitive teams.  Keep being delusional though. 

It doesn't matter as I hear kids are going all over the place this coming year from most of those teams because that's how Pittsburgh hockey works.They will play one one of the 5 or 6 fake/wanna AAA teams.  Just stupid and sad when you had a really good grouping of teams.  Again look at the Mid Am scores.  Great competitive games.

Heck if they want to play real AAA try out at the Pens this year.  I hear there will be a lot of open slots. 

24 minutes ago, 27adams said:

Maybe their coach doesnt want your kid on the team.  Why do you even care??  Say Congratulations and move on with your miserable life.  

Considering my kid is a different birth year and actually challenges himself it wouldn't happen either way. I actually live a very happy life, thank you though. I can see that you don't like to be challenged, you must be oart of the everyone gets a trophy Era. 

8 minutes ago, Carl Racki said:

Again, DELUSIONAL PARENT, look at their scores in mid ams and against the top half of PAHL.  I wouldn't call beating teams by  1 or 2 goals killing them and most of the two goal games were because of an empty net guessing.  Teams and players caught up.  They are a great team but AGAIN, the eight teams at mid ams were all very close with the exception of North Pitt(who by the way tied the Badgers) and honestly any of the four top teams could have won. Take out North Pitt and put the average 2007 Vengeance team in their spot and it would be a great league.  Eight very competitive teams.  Keep being delusional though. 

It doesn't matter as I hear kids are going all over the place this coming year from most of those teams because that's how Pittsburgh hockey works.They will play one one of the 5 or 6 fake/wanna AAA teams.  Just stupid and sad when you had a really good grouping of teams.  Again look at the Mid Am scores.  Great competitive games.

Heck if they want to play real AAA try out at the Pens this year.  I hear there will be a lot of open slots. 

There is nothing delusional about 1 loss in 2yrs and a +178 Goal differential. 

They would challenge the other local AAA teams except Pens. 

Those open spots at Pens are for kids from out of state. They have the local talent they want. 

7 minutes ago, hockeydadlife said:

takes a real corncob to bash other kids and teams that your kids wont ever play against or be apart of. why all the angst pucks11?  my son loved playing for that coach. did he waller out your mrs or something?

Not bashing the kids at all, I have said for awhile how good they are. Just wish they would challenge themselves more than just at the end of the season. Looking at his wife I don't think that he would "waller" my wife, lol. To each their own my man, glad your kid enjoyed playing for him, just said that my kid wouldn't. 

3 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

Not bashing the kids at all, I have said for awhile how good they are. Just wish they would challenge themselves more than just at the end of the season. Looking at his wife I don't think that he would "waller" my wife, lol. To each their own my man, glad your kid enjoyed playing for him, just said that my kid wouldn't. 

Ever want to meet up for a beer just let me know, you seem like a real hockey guru. by your comments all you do is look at stats and did not watch many games. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, hockeydadlife said:

Ever want to meet up for a beer just let me know, you seem like a real hockey guru. by your comments all you do is look at stats and did not watch many games. 

I have watched them play many of times over the past couple of seasons. Not much of a game. There are 2-1 games that you never really had a doubt in who was winning. Stats are a big part of it when that is all you see and hear the parents from that team talk/brag about. 

I will take you up on that beer. ?

5 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

I have watched them play many of times over the past couple of seasons. Not much of a game. There are 2-1 games that you never really had a doubt in who was winning. Stats are a big part of it when that is all you see and hear the parents from that team talk/brag about. 

I will take you up on that beer. ?

well then you obviously saw when up 2 goals they went to a 1-2-2 and worked on the trap all season in pahl games to prepare for the midams. im the one who kept the stats. not sure anyone other than the coaching staff saw them. you are reaching, again for some point that you have zero vested interest in. I wish I had the time to devalue other teams and coaches in this manner. wow

22 minutes ago, hockeydadlife said:

well then you obviously saw when up 2 goals they went to a 1-2-2 and worked on the trap all season in pahl games to prepare for the midams. im the one who kept the stats. not sure anyone other than the coaching staff saw them. you are reaching, again for some point that you have zero vested interest in. I wish I had the time to devalue other teams and coaches in this manner. wow

Reaching??? I am sorry that I feel like the team is better than you feel like it really is. You must like winning trophies over your kid getting better at hockey. Sorry someone believes in your team more than you do. 

14 minutes ago, forbin said:

Why is every thread turning into a pissing match lately? I feel like we are back in the days of The King ?

@Pucks11and @hockeydadlife I'm all for debate and heated discussion, but lets keep it civil and leave peoples spouses out of the conversation, ok?

I'm with you. I have been talking hockey the whole time until my wife was brought into it. Even then I complimented the coaches wife. 

7 minutes ago, RegDunlop7 said:

@Pucks11 I can't tell if you're trolling or not, but I'll take the bait. Why does a successful AA team need to switch to AAA? Based on the original post in this thread, it looks like the '07 Badgers are "challenging" themselves by going independent AA next season. However, the other argument has been: if all of the Pittsburgh-area independent AA and AAA teams just stayed in PAHL, it would be a very competitive league for all of the non-PPE organizations. These teams could play a competitive 20-game PAHL schedule and travel as much as they want for the other 20-30 games.

Not trying to bait anyone,  just having a conversation. It would be competitive IF all of the teams except Pens played PAHL but that's not going to happen. This team hasn't really been challenged over the last 2 seasons. They are a good team, they have achieved a lot in PAHL. Hopefully their independent schedule is more challenging next season. 

One thing this Team may be overlooking or maybe they feel that they are above the competition not sure which one.  From reading the thread this is a Pure 07 team which two years ago would have playing in the Bantam Minor AA division of PAHL then this past season would have played in Bantam Major AA.   The 07 Badger team would be 16U next season which no longer has a Minor division.  They would need to play with Pure 06 teams as well as 06/07 mixed year teams.  Do they believe they are so strong that they would run the table as a pure 07 playing in the PAHL 16U AA division?  The last team I recall running the table in PAHL 16U was the 04 lebo team.  I am only lead to believe they they fell that the 16U teams that would make up the PAHL AA division are not worth their time.  Bottom Line, if they played 16U AA PAHL and Ran the table this year then I would say have at it next season and Go 100% AA independent or AAA.  How would this team match up with the 06 Badger team? 

Edited by JOFAFAN

1 hour ago, Pucks11 said:

Reaching??? I am sorry that I feel like the team is better than you feel like it really is. You must like winning trophies over your kid getting better at hockey. Sorry someone believes in your team more than you do. 

Getting better for what men's league??? 

1 hour ago, RegDunlop7 said:

@Pucks11 I can't tell if you're trolling or not, but I'll take the bait. Why does a successful AA team need to switch to AAA? Based on the original post in this thread, it looks like the '07 Badgers are "challenging" themselves by going independent AA next season. However, the other argument has been: if all of the Pittsburgh-area independent AA and AAA teams just stayed in PAHL, it would be a very competitive league for all of the non-PPE organizations. These teams could play a competitive 20-game PAHL schedule and travel as much as they want for the other 20-30 games.

Amen.  It will never happen but would have made sense.

1 hour ago, JOFAFAN said:

One thing this Team may be overlooking or maybe they feel that they are above the competition not sure which one.  From reading the thread this is a Pure 07 team which two years ago would have playing in the Bantam Minor AA division of PAHL then this past season would have played in Bantam Major AA.   The 07 Badger team would be 16U next season which no longer has a Minor division.  They would need to play with Pure 06 teams as well as 06/07 mixed year teams.  Do they believe they are so strong that they would run the table as a pure 07 playing in the PAHL 16U AA division?  The last team I recall running the table in PAHL 16U was the 04 lebo team.  I am only lead to believe they they fell that the 16U teams that would make up the PAHL AA division are not worth their time.  Bottom Line, if they played 16U AA PAHL and Ran the table this year then I would say have at it next season and Go 100% AA independent or AAA.  How would this team match up with the 06 Badger team? 

Maybe that's one of the reasons they are going independent, to avoid this and play the teams they want too, or match up better against? who knows, good idea, bad idea? time will tell i guess. my guess is they are doing it to try to keep the team together, instead of loosing half the team to other teams or AAA.. 

On 4/5/2022 at 12:33 PM, JOFAFAN said:

The 07 Badger team would be 16U next season which no longer has a Minor division.  They would need to play with Pure 06 teams as well as 06/07 mixed year teams. 

Yes.  This. This. This.

I'd like to extend a hearty and personal congratulations to @27adams on his (I mean the) team's run at nationals, even though he continues to promote and defend his (the?) team on this board.  It was exciting to keep tabs on them over the weekend, Mr 27adams.  So, with all sincerity, I do congratulate you.  Or them.  However you would have it I guess.  I sincerely believe though that the kids will develop just fine in PAHL 16u AA next year.  A 20 game schedule against Pittsburgh's top 06s seems like a very viable path forward for a top 07 team.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jack Handey said:

Yes.  This. This. This.

I'd like to extend a hearty and personal congratulations to @27adams on his (I mean the) team's run at nationals, even though he continues to promote and defend his (the?) team on this board.  It was exciting to keep tabs on them over the weekend, Mr 27adams.  So, with all sincerity, I do congratulate you.  Or them.  However you would have it I guess.  I sincerely believe though that the kids will develop just fine in PAHL 16u AA next year.  A 20 game schedule against Pittsburgh's top 06s seems like a very viable path forward for a top 07 team.  

I don't know why you cant keep my name out of your "thoughts".  you're not funny, not even one bit.  These boys worked their a$$es off and you still throw jabs and sarcasm against them.  14 year olds.  Get a life Jack.