Congrats to Peters Township and their coaches

Peters has had some great players come thru there over the last decade or so but I want to give a shout out to Coach Tingle and his crew for their excellence. I have mentioned on this forum prior but it bears repeating that PT’s game prep, in game adjustments and match ups are second to none. They find your weaknesses and exploit them.  It can be a subtle change to their faceoff plays in game or an entirely new FC. They can play wide open run and gun and they can lock it down. And again, they hardly EVER get caught in a bad line match. I have learned a lot from a coaching standpoint just being a small part of the chess matches with Coach Tingle.  I dont know the man personally but Im a fan.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rkowallis said:

Peters has had some great players come thru there over the last decade or so but I want to give a shout out to Coach Tingle and his crew for their excellence. I have mentioned on this forum prior but it bears repeating that PT’s game prep, in game adjustments and match ups are second to none. They find your weaknesses and exploit them.  It can be a subtle change to their faceoff plays in game or an entirely new FC. They can play wide open run and gun and they can lock it down. And again, they hardly EVER get caught in a bad line match. I have learned a lot from a coaching standpoint just being a small part of the chess matches with Coach Tingle.  I dont know the man personally but Im a fan.

Wasn't he let go then rehired by PT last year or the year before?  They should be glad he was willing to come back!   What were those parents thinking?

I've always ben impressed with Rick as well. I think others are correct that he's able to adapt really well each year depending on his players and his opponents.

Saw that Rick Tingle is going to coach the Rebellion 09 team next year. Cool that he's going to coach a PAHL team.

Edited by RJUSHL

2 hours ago, RJUSHL said:

I've always ben impressed with Rick as well. I think others are correct that he's able to adapt really well each year depending on his players and his opponents.

Saw that Rick Tingle is going to coach the Rebellion 09 team next year. Cool that he's going to coach a PAHL team.

I believe he's also coaching a team in the Girl's league this spring.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bb2j3z said:

South Pittsburgh Rebellion, PAHL club out in Southpointe at Printscape Arena.

https://www.southpittsburghhockey.org

So Clay Shell and Rick Tingle are coaching the 09 Rebellion AA team together??? That's kind of a crazy good coaching staff! That's a very experienced group of coaches who have done a lot of winning over the years, especially when most coaches at that age level have been guys that have come up with their kids; 8U, 10U, 12U, etc. Now you have experienced high school coaches stepping down in age to coach 09s. I bet they are going to pick up a lot of good players. Good for them.

Edited by RJUSHL

23 hours ago, RJUSHL said:

So Clay Shell and Rick Tingle are coaching the 09 Rebellion AA team together??? That's kind of a crazy good coaching staff! That's a very experienced group of coaches who have done a lot of winning over the years, especially when most coaches at that age level have been guys that have come up with their kids; 8U, 10U, 12U, etc. Now you have experienced high school coaches stepping down in age to coach 09s. I bet they are going to pick up a lot of good players. Good for them.

Clay and Rick will be a good combo.  It's also a nice pick up for the organization.  I wonder how that Dad from the Montour Board feels about his decision now that the season is over.  Sad they let him focus on his kids JV team at the expense of the program.  Glad to see Clay back on top with a good program.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hockey57410 said:

Clay and Rick will be a good combo.  It's also a nice pick up for the organization.  I wonder how that Dad from the Montour Board feels about his decision now that the season is over.  Sad they let him focus on his kids JV team at the expense of the program.  Glad to see Clay back on top with a good program.

Clay will be the Head Coach and Rick one of the assistants along with others .....Great News 

3 hours ago, hockey57410 said:

once again, if the guy that goes on twitter to attack his previous program when he resigned was still the coach this year at Montour the season wouldn’t have been any different. The players were the players. He couldn’t have changed that.

The kid of board member that stood up to him played JV as a senior, never dressed for a varsity game with new coach. Although she did with clay as a coach, because Clay wanted to score brownie points with said board member. Clay made the statement at a board meeeting. “How do you go against me when I let your kid play in a varsity game?” The kid should have never played a varsity game because of skill level, but more importantly because the kid never even went to JV practices. And there were about 12 kids more deserving of that opportunity. Clay was trying to use his power to influence a board member while completely screwing over all the kids that deserved that opportunity. 

the new coach is far superior to the previous. Their talent level was not anywhere near the level of Clay’s team in his first year of AA. Clays team only won 4 games that year. And his team had 8 seniors that year. It also had the same players that won the A championship the next year. A very talented group. This years team, the one that couldn’t even field a roster of more than 14 kids and only 4 seniors, won 4 games, and lost 2 in overtime. 2 more points than Clay’s first year in AA. So more successful with a lot less talent. And the biggest difference between the 2 coaches. The new coach actually taught the kids. The old coach said give the puck to Felsing and Geregach and and that was it. No coaching, just give the puck to the big guns. 

Any coach could have won the Pens cup with that team the next year. ANYONE. They had so much talent. One player in Division one. One player currently in NCDC. Five others that played AAA amateur. They blew teams out by ten goals on a regular basis. A lot of their games were a joke. 

Clay resigned three times when he was at Montour. The first time because he didn’t get a coach bus for a ride from RMU to PPG  for their championship celebration. What a joke. They should have accepted his resignation then. He threw a hissy fit like a 5 year old because of a short bus trip. 

And the biggest fault of Clay. He was also asked two times in board meetings  to help the JV coaches run better practices. He said he would. Was on the ice for JV practices both times, once each time. But he never said a word to the coaches during or after. He was there for show. He never did what the board asked him to do and help the coaches. He just went out there to make it look like he was doing something. And how do we know this? When he resigned the last time(not fired), he went to the JV coach and told him that he sucked as a coach. What kind of human being does that? He never tried to help, he just criticized. Great example of a good coach huh? He lied to the board and the parents, never did a thing to try and help the JV improve PRACTICES. And then calls out the coach after he is on his way out. Real class. 

I hope the parents of his new team don’t cross this guy or he will air his grievances in public on twitter, like a teenager. And tell the kids to look out for flying sticks, because he has a tendency to throw them when practices aren’t going well. Because that is what mature coaches do I guess. 

18 minutes ago, Happy Hockey Fan said:

once again, if the guy that goes on twitter to attack his previous program when he resigned was still the coach this year at Montour the season wouldn’t have been any different. The players were the players. He couldn’t have changed that.

The kid of board member that stood up to him played JV as a senior, never dressed for a varsity game with new coach. Although she did with clay as a coach, because Clay wanted to score brownie points with said board member. Clay made the statement at a board meeeting. “How do you go against me when I let your kid play in a varsity game?” The kid should have never played a varsity game because of skill level, but more importantly because the kid never even went to JV practices. And there were about 12 kids more deserving of that opportunity. Clay was trying to use his power to influence a board member while completely screwing over all the kids that deserved that opportunity. 

the new coach is far superior to the previous. Their talent level was not anywhere near the level of Clay’s team in his first year of AA. Clays team only won 4 games that year. And his team had 8 seniors that year. It also had the same players that won the A championship the next year. A very talented group. This years team, the one that couldn’t even field a roster of more than 14 kids and only 4 seniors, won 4 games, and lost 2 in overtime. 2 more points than Clay’s first year in AA. So more successful with a lot less talent. And the biggest difference between the 2 coaches. The new coach actually taught the kids. The old coach said give the puck to Felsing and Geregach and and that was it. No coaching, just give the puck to the big guns. 

Any coach could have won the Pens cup with that team the next year. ANYONE. They had so much talent. One player in Division one. One player currently in NCDC. Five others that played AAA amateur. They blew teams out by ten goals on a regular basis. A lot of their games were a joke. 

Clay resigned three times when he was at Montour. The first time because he didn’t get a coach bus for a ride from RMU to PPG  for their championship celebration. What a joke. They should have accepted his resignation then. He threw a hissy fit like a 5 year old because of a short bus trip. 

And the biggest fault of Clay. He was also asked two times in board meetings  to help the JV coaches run better practices. He said he would. Was on the ice for JV practices both times, once each time. But he never said a word to the coaches during or after. He was there for show. He never did what the board asked him to do and help the coaches. He just went out there to make it look like he was doing something. And how do we know this? When he resigned the last time(not fired), he went to the JV coach and told him that he sucked as a coach. What kind of human being does that? He never tried to help, he just criticized. Great example of a good coach huh? He lied to the board and the parents, never did a thing to try and help the JV improve PRACTICES. And then calls out the coach after he is on his way out. Real class. 

I hope the parents of his new team don’t cross this guy or he will air his grievances in public on twitter, like a teenager. And tell the kids to look out for flying sticks, because he has a tendency to throw them when practices aren’t going well. Because that is what mature coaches do I guess.

Sheesh, lots of anger in this novel.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Happy Hockey Fan said:

That does not sound like a happy hockey fan

• Like 1
  • ROTF 1

16 hours ago, Happy Hockey Fan said:

Yikes! Someone didn't get a spot on the power play ?

1 hour ago, hockey57410 said:

Yikes! Someone didn't get a spot on the power play ?

Nope. How many times does it have to be said. He lied to the parents and board, at the very least two times. He resigned 3 times, once over a bus ride. He should have been let go after that single incident. He didn’t care about developing all the kids in the program. IT WAS NEVER EVER ABOUT PLAYING TIME. He became an egomaniac and tried to dictate every aspect of the program. When He was first hired there was a president that stood up to all of his demands. New president came in and let him do whatever he wanted. Third president came in and he was very disrespectful to the new president and threw another hissy fit when the board disagreed with him. And then he resigned for the third time. If you want to respond, try using facts like I have  instead of throwing thinly veiled insults.  

• Poop 1

I don't know any of the specifics, but it is always interesting how often parents and board members try and get rid of successful high school coaches. Many times it is completely unjustified and just led by a board member or two who feel their kid was wronged. Not saying that happened here, but I've seen that play out so many times it would be humorous if it wasn't so sad. I guess it's like that in coaching at any level. Even in the NHL half the fanbase wants to run a particular coach out of town. I don't know Clay or Rick, but it does say something about them that they are willing to coach a PAHL 09 AA team completely as volunteers and not asking for any pay.

Edited by RJUSHL
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, RJUSHL said:

I don't know any of the specifics, but it is always interesting how often parents and board members try and get rid of successful high school coaches. Many times it is completely unjustified and just led by a board member or two who feel their kid was wronged. Not saying that happened here, but I've seen that play out so many times it would be humorous if it wasn't so sad. I guess it's like that in coaching at any level. Even in the NHL half the fanbase wants to run a particular coach out of town. I don't know Clay or Rick, but it does say something about them that they are willing to coach a PAHL 09 AA team completely as volunteers and not asking for any pay.

All you need to know is that the board didn’t get rid of him. HE RESIGNED. See how simple that was? 

• Poop 1

51 minutes ago, Pa Hockey said:

2019 Penguins Cup Champions - Montour Spartans - Head Coach Clay Shell says it all

The Program is a mess now in just 3 years ! 

He RESIGNED. Three times. Nobody got rid of him. He quit. And the program isn’t a mess, they had a down year. Please shut up about this. You know nothing. He took over a team that won 20 games and lost 2. He then proceeded to guide the team to an 8 loss season with a number of the same players the next year. Then the next year, he won FOUR games. Less points as the current team. Their success had NOTHING to do with coaching and everything to do with the large amount of talent the program had. The talent isn’t there now, therefore they struggled. Your opinion is tainted because you are buddies with him. You know nothing about the program. Your opinion means nothing because you are biased and have NO idea what you are talking about. Please stop. Go have lunch with your buddy and ask him about directly about his 3 resignations. Ask him about throwing a fit because a new president wasn’t who he wanted. Ask him about the disrespect he showed the new president because she is a woman. Ask him about his stick throwing tantrums. They won the A championship with a team that had a division 1 player, a kid that is in the NCDC right now, 3 really high level AA U18 players and 5 other kids that played AAA. They beat teams by more than ten goals all season, only competition they had was TJ and SF. They should have never been in single A. The program had a ton of kids in the program and could field a full varsity and JV. The program now can’t do that because they do not have enough kids. For you to say the program is in shambles is disgusting and dishonest. Programs have ebbs and flows all the time, so why do you disparage a program after one bad season? Why didn’t you say that about the program when Clay was the coach that had a 4 win season. It is because you are biased. I have lost all respect for you. You are obviously not a true journalist because you do not believe in facts and are not a partial bystander as a real journalist should be. Go ahead and call your buddy and listen to his set of alternative facts, he is a proven liar so I doubt you will get a true answer. Please stop disparaging a whole organization because your friend RESIGNED! 

• Barf 1