AAA Tryout Log Jam

On 4/15/2022 at 2:50 PM, RJUSHL said:

At the younger birth years (2009 and lower), Vengeance is fielding better teams than Esmark. I don't see that changing anytime soon. You may want to slide Esmark to your "faux" category.

By the time these kids get to midget, maybe bantam, Yuri and Esmark will start picking them off. Typically if the team has been together for 3 or more year, the parents and players start to hate each other and in comes a new voice that promises he will make it all better and he has some magic beans. Esmark has never been worried about a feeder system, they benefited from the folding of the black teams and now the Vengeance is there new development system. The guy in charge hates him and does not know how to deal with it. You don't hold a parent meeting and tell the parents that if you are interested in Esmark and what they are selling, then hit the fucking road and don't come back. He chased the last 10 kids he had out the door while the other guy made promise, that we will see if he keeps. Instead of the my way or the highway approach, I think it would have bestowed him to just talk to parents and players and ask why do you want to leave, what can we do to improve our program or this is what we are doing and can offer you. To many options out there and some are better salesman than others. I willl say this right now, Vengeance have a chance to do it right but need to make some changes.

1. Find a league

2. Communication 

3. Come through on promises like updating your website, stats, increase your social media

4. Solidify coaches ahead of time, allow them to go out and talk to players and increase intrest

5. Get a clue of what is going on at each level

6. Stay ahead, create a feeder system for your team, work with the tier 2 organization, share players instead of fighting SCIR for players. You don't need a practice squad, work with them or others.

7. Communication - again cause you don't get it.

8. Work with people, you need to sometimes give to get. You could have worked with SHAHA at the 06 level and had a kick ass team, instead you fought them and Esmark and now Esmark has all of your 07, 06 and I bet some of the u18 head over if they have not already.

9. Get organized - what does it cost, how much do you practice. Most AA and AAA programs have a tryout guide and they update it every year, I have yet to see one for the Vengeance

.10. Learn to speak Sputnik cause the way you are going, it looks like someone will be taking over and you will work for him very soon.

Good luck to the Vengeance 08, 09, 10 and so on. On the bright side both teams are black and red, so the change wont be to bad. Hopefully they learn from the mistakes of the past.

23 hours ago, Danner27 said:

15U this season there is only 8 tier 1 teams in the district. While I’m glad these teams made the district tourney see if it holds at 16U. Remember all the better 06’s would have been playing up on a 16U team. Only two teams didn’t qualify for the 15’s district tier 1 tournament. The predators being one of them - dead last ?

How did shaha & vengeance do at the 15u tourney ? 

Not all the better kids are playing up at u15 anymore. There are defiantly some high level kids that do, like the Pittsburgh kid that went to BK. The 15's get more attention from the ushl and ohl scouts and if you choice is between a mid level 16's or a higher level 15's, I would say you will get looked at more often with the 15's team. Now we can argue development. The BK kid already had the exposure and started on the 15's and they thought it would be best to toughen him up to play for the NTDP team and moved him to the 16's. you have to realize that the top u15's go to the NTDP, USHL,WHL and the Q. I would say the top 100 that are mature enough and physically able will move one. Go on elite prospect and search how many 05's di this, some played a couple games, but I'm sure I am pretty close to the number. Also some will jump to u18 and Prep. I think 15's is the pinnacle of aaa as far as skill before kids start going different direction. Look at the top 5 u15 team this season, all have lost 3-4 players to NTDP and USHL tenders and we still have the Priority 1 drafts coming up in next couple weeks. Plus some kids will get invited to camps and leave their AAA teams.

Also some one said that the Vengeance has not produced any kids, I do believe they have had some kids go play Division 1 from the Junior team. I think the goalie a couple years ago and another played at Colorado College and to be honest, the vengeance are really the old AM Pens charter before the hornets took away the logo and the AM Pens have produced many NHL, D1 and Junior hockey players. 

15 minutes ago, mrfreeze said:

Not all the better kids are playing up at u15 anymore. There are defiantly some high level kids that do, like the Pittsburgh kid that went to BK. The 15's get more attention from the ushl and ohl scouts and if you choice is between a mid level 16's or a higher level 15's, I would say you will get looked at more often with the 15's team. Now we can argue development. The BK kid already had the exposure and started on the 15's and they thought it would be best to toughen him up to play for the NTDP team and moved him to the 16's. you have to realize that the top u15's go to the NTDP, USHL,WHL and the Q. I would say the top 100 that are mature enough and physically able will move one. Go on elite prospect and search how many 05's di this, some played a couple games, but I'm sure I am pretty close to the number. Also some will jump to u18 and Prep. I think 15's is the pinnacle of aaa as far as skill before kids start going different direction. Look at the top 5 u15 team this season, all have lost 3-4 players to NTDP and USHL tenders and we still have the Priority 1 drafts coming up in next couple weeks. Plus some kids will get invited to camps and leave their AAA teams.

Also some one said that the Vengeance has not produced any kids, I do believe they have had some kids go play Division 1 from the Junior team. I think the goalie a couple years ago and another played at Colorado College and to be honest, the vengeance are really the old AM Pens charter before the hornets took away the logo and the AM Pens have produced many NHL, D1 and Junior hockey players. 

Vengeance had one kid i believe go ncaa d1 - it’s the goalie you are talking about. Think it was Fairbanks. He stopped here for a year. No scholarship.

mario took the am pens name along with the hornets.

Back to youth - not sure why it would change, the top 15’s always play up at 16. The only thing that holds them back at 15 if they have the talent is political bs. I’m not talking about the top 25 in n/a (the real special kids) I am talking about the top half of the birth year.

26 minutes ago, sarampage said:

The goalie from the Vengeance went to Nebraska-Omaha a few years ago, but I don't think  he's had a minute of playing time...

https://omavs.com/sports/mens-ice-hockey/roster/jacob-zab/10220

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/470929/jacob-zab

Yes, that’s the kid. 3rd goalie - emergency use - no money given - will never play - will always be number 3 while other’s come and go.

In zab’a case his father is connect in someway to the university, not the team. 

On 4/15/2022 at 5:49 PM, Danner27 said:

You are completely missing the point. It’s not about cost or winning nationals. Let me know the day a kid from the vengeance youth programs goes to a real junior league. 

How many from the Pens 16 or 18U go to  tier 1 or 2 Juniors the n Div. 1? Have you ever researched it?   Don't count kids that played for the Pens at one point but left.  

1 hour ago, whatever said:

How many from the Pens 16 or 18U go to  tier 1 or 2 Juniors the n Div. 1? Have you ever researched it?   Don't count kids that played for the Pens at one point but left.  

I don’t research much anymore - my kids are done but there are a good amount from the 01, 02 & 03 birth years.  I imagine 04 is on its way to doing well. 

17 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Does anyone know if the Cleveland Barons have a team at the U16 level?  Checked their website and it only goes to 15U.  I wonder where the kids from Pittsburgh that went up there are playing next year?  Just curious.

image.png.92daa4cb788083c2569442a2345ed491.png

I heard the 06 team has 8 kids from Pittsburgh now. Not sure how many at the other age groups.

1 hour ago, Bathgate said:

You're trying to create a self-fulfilling prophesy by posting about a team's demise prematurely. Worst case scenario, there's no Icemen AAA this year but maybe a landing pad for AA hockey players. 

Umm the icemen & predators already are landing pads for mid level AA to A major players but I get your drift, they are not going anywhere. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bathgate said:

You're trying to create a self-fulfilling prophesy by posting about a team's demise prematurely. Worst case scenario, there's no Icemen AAA this year but maybe a landing pad for AA hockey players. 

really, I know 1 goalie who has already accepted a spot on another team and went out for ice time. so the 2 goalies there are their goalies. and assuming all 11 stay you still min 4 shy of a roster and thats saying all 11 of them stay as well.....