AAA Tryout Log Jam

27 minutes ago, dazedandconfused said:

Newbie, has there ever been one of these? At any age group? Is there any team of theirs who has actually finished the season ranked above 50 in AAA?

15U  finished 33rd in 2017-18 for Tier 1.  Think they were the kids brought over from NP...

2 hours ago, sarampage said:

15U  finished 33rd in 2017-18 for Tier 1.  Think they were the kids brought over from NP...

How many Icemen players weren't brought over from NP is the better question. Only now they take the A kids.

3 hours ago, sarampage said:

That was the one half decent team they had. I believe they mostly came from NP with fritz and dw. 

it was the 02 birth year. After the season most split. PPE grabbed a few and esmark  grabbed a few. 

that team was an anomaly, it will never happened again. It was really 3 kids that carried that team. Two of those 3 went to ppe and won nationals the falling year. These two kids were instrumental in ppe winning that year. 

8 hours ago, Jack Handey said:

Some are still going on.  There are lots of supplementals going on too.  Way more than normal.  I guess this is what happens when everyone tries to be first and run at the same time.

I have a feeling teams would have tryouts in December-January if they could. 

• ROTF 1

On 4/8/2022 at 2:24 PM, mrfreeze said:

Here is my take what will happen at the 06 level, feel free to take the over or under. 

PPE will add an 07 Pittsburgh kid and will loose/cut 2-3 more Pittsburgh kids, Some of their current imports will go home or greener pastures.

SHAHA will retain it's core, maybe pick up a player or 2 from Vengeance.

Esmark will keep telling everyone that they have all these kids coming and basically take a bunch of disgruntle vengeance players and parents, maybe sprinkle in a couple Russian/Ukrain kid or 2, but with the current issues over there, I think this will be harder and not easier, but that is my own opinion and I am not an expert on Geo Politics and how they relate to youth hockey recruiting. I think they will enviably add some AA or A major kids to fill out the roster and so Yurri gets paid, and those kids will not play and at least 1 will quit before the year ends and go back to AA or Highschool.

Vengeance will retain a couple players and will be similar to what happen with the 07 team last year. They may not fair as well during the season, but i think most of those players will be happy to be there and will develop and get better but will defiantly drop in the rankings, if that really matters. It's a shame, cause the Vengeance Hockey Director just does not see what is going on. He is so worried about Esmark and kids going there he had a meeting with the current parents basically telling them Esmark Bad, if you tryout or say the word Esmakr or Yurri, then don't come back. EGO's kill programs and his will be the death of that program. That is why they moved their tryouts up to run with and finish before Esmark. 

Preds = Are they even a AAA team, maybe they should just play tier 2

Iceman - i give them a 50% chance of fielding a team, but there is only a 10% chance of that. They have a lot of kids that left North Pitt, will they be welcomed back? Maybe some of them should tryout at the other spots if they want a place to play. 

I don't think the AA will reap that many players to be honest. 

SCIR and Allegheny will return most of its players and those 2 coaches will jump on any talent that falls through the cracks. NP still has a pretty deep group of 06 and might get a 07 or 2 to fill out it roster but does not have a solid goalie to compete with the other 2 at this point, maybe one will appear, but that program is geared more towards kids that play high school and will likely not play a schedule like SCIR or Allegheny, that would be appealing to entice a goalie to travel to them, but they will have one of the better coaching staffs in the area. I think they could be fighting for players with the Iceman and the NP tryout system does not far well when the other teams can quickly make players offers and secure them before tryouts end and not many want to wait around to find out if they made a team and some of these kids could be going through their 3rd or 4th tryouts.

So in the end

Tier 1

PPE  

SHAHA

ESMARK

VENGENACE

Tier 2

SCIR

ALLEGHENY

NP

PRED

ICEMAN

WOW  !!!!! You are great except man ….. 

Here is my take what will happen at the 06 level, feel free to take the over or under. 

PPE will add an 07 Pittsburgh kid and will loose/cut 2-3 more Pittsburgh kids, Some of their current imports will go home or greener pastures.

Esmark will keep telling everyone that they have all these kids coming and basically take a bunch of disgruntle vengeance players and parents, maybe sprinkle in a couple Russian/Ukrain kid or 2, but with the current issues over there, I think this will be harder and not easier, but that is my own opinion and I am not an expert on Geo Politics and how they relate to youth hockey recruiting. I think they will enviably add some AA or A major kids to fill out the roster and so Yurri gets paid, and those kids will not play and at least 1 will quit before the year ends and go back to AA or Highschool.

Vengeance will retain a couple players and will be similar to what happen with the 07 team last year. They may not fair as well during the season, but i think most of those players will be happy to be there and will develop and get better but will defiantly drop in the rankings, if that really matters. It's a shame, cause the Vengeance Hockey Director just does not see what is going on. He is so worried about Esmark and kids going there he had a meeting with the current parents basically telling them Esmark Bad, if you tryout or say the word Esmakr or Yurri, then don't come back. EGO's kill programs and his will be the death of that program. That is why they moved their tryouts up to run with and finish before Esmark. 

Iceman - i give them a 50% chance of fielding a team, but there is only a 10% chance of that. They have a lot of kids that left North Pitt, will they be welcomed back? Maybe some of them should tryout at the other spots if they want a place to play. 

SCIR and Allegheny will return most of its players and those 2 coaches will jump on any talent that falls through the cracks. NP still has a pretty deep group of 06 and might get a 07 or 2 to fill out it roster but does not have a solid goalie to compete with the other 2 at this point, maybe one will appear, but that program is geared more towards kids that play high school and will likely not play a schedule like SCIR or Allegheny, that would be appealing to entice a goalie to travel to them, but they will have one of the better coaching staffs in the area. I think they could be fighting for players with the Iceman and the NP tryout system does not far well when the other teams can quickly make players offers and secure them before tryouts end and not many want to wait around to find out if they made a team and some of these kids could be going through their 3rd or 4th tryouts.

So in the end

Tier 1

PPE  

SHAHA

ESMARK

VENGENACE

Tier 2

SCIR

ALLEGHENY

NP

PRED

ICEMAN

2 minutes ago, Coach Yuri said:.. 

• 1 month later...

So in the end

Tier 1

PPE  

SHAHA

ESMARK

VENGENACE

Tier 2

SCIR

ALLEGHENY

NP

PRED

ICEMAN

I also believe the reason Esmark will never content for a National title is because majority of their kids have no speed.  Esmark likes size but not speed.  If you look at a typical PPE roster, majority of their kids are not big but are fast and can skate.