Mid-Am Select Camps and Tryouts

I have a 2005 player and was debating registering him for that Select Tryout in Sylvania in April that leads to players picked for the Select Camp in June.

Anyone gone through this tryout/camp in years past?  Is it worthwhile or a waste of time?

your player will get the opportunity to compete against some of the best players in the district. I wouldn't say that's a waste of time. Plus if the evaluators believe your player stands out, they may get the opportunity to compete against some of the best in the nation.

Tryout Registration Process

On or about January 31st the vice president for each state in the MidAm District will e-mail a spreadsheet to local program heads; the local program head provides the requested information for the top players in his/her program at the 14 – 17 ages (birth years 2005 – 2002) and e-mails the completed spreadsheet back to the state VP.  Nominations (spreadsheets) will be accepted until mid April for all ages; the regular registration period ends one week prior to the tryout dates for each age group.  Nominees will receive an e-mail with registration information from Rocky Mountain Register (info@usahockey.com).  Check your spam file for this e-mail if you believe you have not received it before contacting us.  You must use the user name and password supplied by Rocky Mountain Register and pay via credit card online in order to complete the registration process.  Please note if we experience high registration numbers at a given birth year, the cutoff date can be altered.

I do have a question: my son's coach recommended him in February. We never received an email. It was just brought to our attention that he was even on the list sent in. Once they receive all the recommendations,, do they then shorten the list to who they want to invite or does everyone who is recommended get to try out?

29 minutes ago, AMR24 said:

I do have a question: my son's coach recommended him in February. We never received an email. It was just brought to our attention that he was even on the list sent in. Once they receive all the recommendations,, do they then shorten the list to who they want to invite or does everyone who is recommended get to try out?

everyone recommended should have got the email and should get to try out if registered before they fill up. i would suggest to go back into your emails and search for it, maybe you missed it or it went to your spam. 

i had to go back and find mine, as i just breezed over it not knowing what it was at the time, luckily my emails don't delete when i send them to trash until i empty trash. 

1 minute ago, rock said:

everyone recommended should have got the email and should get to try out if registered before they fill up. i would suggest to go back into your emails and search for it, maybe you missed it or it went to your spam. 

i had to go back and find mine, as i just breezed over it not knowing what it was at the time, luckily my emails don't delete when i send them to trash until i empty trash. 

Thank you! I actually just got his invite. There were a couple players from his team recommended but did not received an email. The coach has been working with MidAm to figure out what happened. Slowly, the emails are coming in.

good to hear, its great experience for the kids, they get to see exactly where they stand with the best in the district. as do you if you attend. good measuring stick to help decide how to proceed with your player.