06 Vengance folded?

2 hours ago, Birddog said:

I just heard that Vengance 06 team just folded.

Can someone verify that?

If so that is going to change the landscape pretty significantly, I also assume if this is true then this is how Esmark is getting a team.

Verified. Those that registered for tryouts received an email that they will not have an 06 team.  The tryout dates / times have been removed from their website. 

Edited by fafa fohi

2 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Wow that's crazy!  Sure would like to know what went into that decision at the last minute.  At least they didn't put those kids through 4 days of intense skates only to pull the plug after they picked a team like Esmark 06 did last year.

I think Esmark was quicker to just offer kids spots and make promises in order to secure a core and beat Vengeance to the punch. While some may say this is BS and should not happen and kids should be given a fair tryout and only those who tryout get a position, that is not how it works at tier 1 and the higher you go, tryouts are just a formality. If you are not on their radar and talking to coaches by January, you are not making that team. Tryouts/auditions are done during the season, deals made, kids recruited, agents and advisors doing their things. That is the reality. 

1 hour ago, sadday4hockey said:

So where is Mr. Paul Day while all of this occurs? Probably sitting poolside in Florida enjoying his lifetime MidAm/USA Hockey pension plan. Another prime example of why term limits are necessary.

What do you think he should address out of curiosity? No one addresses raiding anywhere, not just Mid Am.

If an organization tries to run a fair tryout, doesn't actively recruit, blow a lot of smoke up parents' tushes about what a jewel their kid is, and promise a lot of crap, the organization can expect movement.

11 hours ago, mrfreeze said:

I think Esmark was quicker to just offer kids spots and make promises in order to secure a core and beat Vengeance to the punch. While some may say this is BS and should not happen and kids should be given a fair tryout and only those who tryout get a position, that is not how it works at tier 1 and the higher you go, tryouts are just a formality. If you are not on their radar and talking to coaches by January, you are not making that team. Tryouts/auditions are done during the season, deals made, kids recruited, agents and advisors doing their things. That is the reality. 

Bottom line!  AAA is a cutthroat business and only the strongest (shadiest) survive. Less AAA teams to take your money needlessly though this year. 

Did I look at Pens elite tryouts correctly!  They only have 2 days but 2 sessions on each day or did they divide the kids up?  Callbacks?  Or was it all a waste of time and they already have their team?  Hopefully better than last year!

5 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Bottom line!  AAA is a cutthroat business and only the strongest (shadiest) survive. Less AAA teams to take your money needlessly though this year. 

Did I look at Pens elite tryouts correctly!  They only have 2 days but 2 sessions on each day or did they divide the kids up?  Callbacks?  Or was it all a waste of time and they already have their team?  Hopefully better than last year!

3rd day is invite only. Most likely a waste of time unless someone blows their minds. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mrfreeze said:

I disagree.  When something like this happens it is because the core of the team wants to leave.  These are kids that will make the team.  They don’t need a guaranteed spot.  Next thing you know most of the team is looking at other options.  It is definitely a slippery slope.  

24 minutes ago, twoboys said:

I disagree.  When something like this happens it is because the core of the team wants to leave.  These are kids that will make the team.  They don’t need a guaranteed spot.  Next thing you know most of the team is looking at other options.  It is definitely a slippery slope.  

So you are saying that most likely the core of the team didn't sign up to tryout at Vengenance 06.  Left them with too many holes to fill for this year?  What if those kids don't make Esmark?  Or where they already guaranteed spots!  The way Yuri rolls!

• Fist Bump 1

5 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

So you are saying that most likely the core of the team didn't sign up to tryout at Vengenance 06.  Left them with too many holes to fill for this year?  What if those kids don't make Esmark?  Or where they already guaranteed spots!  The way Yuri rolls!

ha true, nothing more then a slimy used car salesman..

• Fist Bump 1

17 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

So where is Mr. Paul Day while all of this occurs? Probably sitting poolside in Florida enjoying his lifetime MidAm/USA Hockey pension plan. Another prime example of why term limits are necessary.

I think you assume that players need to actually go through a tryout process. I don't think that is a rule, only thing I have read and experienced is a national bound organization can not hold tryouts or offer a position to a a player until 48 hours after nationals has concluded. So last Wednesday around noon, teams are free to offer and sign players to a so called tender. To be honest, these really mean nothing, cause a player could commit and then say they don't wan to play and can get released. I don't think first rosters for any teams go in till June. Is this fair, probably not. but do you want the best kids or the best kids that showed up for a tryout. MAny of these coaches watch or have scouts watch these players all season. I can tell you any top 20 team at tier 1 in the country, recruits in some form or another and offer positions and secure players sometime before tryouts start or end.

On 4/10/2022 at 6:13 PM, Birddog said:

I just heard that Vengance 06 team just folded.

Can someone verify that?

If so that is going to change the landscape pretty significantly, I also assume if this is true then this is how Esmark is getting a team.

I haven't seen any confirmation that Vengeance has folded?  Where is it?  Has there been any announcement for coaches for 2022-2023?  I checked their website and tryouts haven't started for 2006 and later birth years?

31 minutes ago, hockey57410 said:

I haven't seen any confirmation that Vengeance has folded?  Where is it?  Has there been any announcement for coaches for 2022-2023?  I checked their website and tryouts haven't started for 2006 and later birth years?

They took the u16 "2006" tryout dates down. I think they were supposed to start yesterday. They also emailed anyone registered and told them, they will get a refund.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, hockey57410 said:

They have removed 06 tryout dates and times from their website, and those that had registered for tryouts received an email they were not fielding a team and that tryout fees would be refunded.

https://www.vengeancehockey.com