2022 Keystone State Games - Central Region TRYOUTS

My son played last year and will play this yeah. We did well even against the stacked Philly team. It was a fun weekend. That’s all it is. Think it’s a money grab? Don’t play. There I fixed it. 
BTW our team last year was mostly ACHA D1/2, few AAA (have fun defining that), and the rest mostly AA. 
Roster who tries out. As large as the central region is it’s basically beaver/Lawrence and Erie with some central pa. 
philly shows up with genesis/jr. Flyers

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Novos51 said:

My son played last year and will play this yeah. We did well even against the stacked Philly team. It was a fun weekend. That’s all it is. Think it’s a money grab? Don’t play. There I fixed it. 
BTW our team last year was mostly ACHA D1/2, few AAA (have fun defining that), and the rest mostly AA. 
Roster who tries out. As large as the central region is it’s basically beaver/Lawrence and Erie with some central pa. 
philly shows up with genesis/jr. Flyers

Thanks We will have a very competitive 14U + 16U + 18 U. We still need defense at 18 U (2 Defensemen). Lots of close games with Philly and more to come ? 

Also need 2 Defense for 12 U ............Please contact me if interested 

Edited by Pa Hockey

This is the weekly update for the Central Region

Thank you for the great turnout at 14 U Bantam as we will have alternates should anyone be unable to participate. 

We will add players as follows: 
12 U Pee Wee [2 Players Defense ]
16 U Midget  [1 Players Defense ]
18 U Midget [3 Players Defense ]and 
19 U Female [7 Players Goaltender Defense and Forwards]

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the great turnout at 14 U Bantam as we will have alternates should anyone be unable to participate. 

12 U Pee Wee FULL
16 U Midget  [1 Players Defense ]
18 U Midget [1 Players Defense ]and 
19 U Female [7 Players Goaltender Defense and Forwards]

• 2 weeks later...

19 U Female [4 Players Defense and Forwards]

19 U Female [2 Players Defense ]

Good Morning and welcome all to the 2022 Keystone State Games - Central Region Teams
Thank you to coach Rena Leone who has once again come back for her 18th year and somehow with the help of Ken Wolfarth, succeeded in fielding a Girls Team. This is a testimony to the Spirit of the Keystone State Games that keeps me involved for 26 Years
Thanks to Ron Steedle for 20 Years and Greg  for 10 Years of service to the Central Region,
We look forward to having everyone in Pittstown on Friday. Jersey's will be distributed on Friday and ALL Players should wear Dark Socks and arrive 1 1/2 hours prior to the first game to meet and greet the coaches.
Thanks Again and we'll see you all on Friday........Go Central
Jeff

2022 KSG Schedule 2.pdf

On 7/24/2022 at 8:09 AM, Pa Hockey said:
Good Morning and welcome all to the 2022 Keystone State Games - Central Region Teams
Thank you to coach Rena Leone who has once again come back for her 18th year and somehow with the help of Ken Wolfarth, succeeded in fielding a Girls Team. This is a testimony to the Spirit of the Keystone State Games that keeps me involved for 26 Years
Thanks to Ron Steedle for 20 Years and Greg  for 10 Years of service to the Central Region,
We look forward to having everyone in Pittstown on Friday. Jersey's will be distributed on Friday and ALL Players should wear Dark Socks and arrive 1 1/2 hours prior to the first game to meet and greet the coaches.
Thanks Again and we'll see you all on Friday........Go Central
Jeff

2022 KSG Schedule 2.pdf 13.45 kB · 18 downloads

Good Luck to All the Regions 

1 hour ago, Ron Shock said:

Money grab for who? This is an outlet for kids to play some hockey in the summer.

You can make an argument for both sides of the money grab/outlet for kids to play hockey in the summer (spring) divide for just about any spring/summer event like this one. Seems that usually the positiveness of your experience determines which side you take.

36 minutes ago, Spear and Magic Helmet said:

You can make an argument for both sides of the money grab/outlet for kids to play hockey in the summer (spring) divide for just about any spring/summer event like this one. Seems that usually the positiveness of your experience determines which side you take.

I don’t understand why anybody has a problem with this or any other event. If someone wants to participate and spend their money that is their prerogative. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Hockey Fan said:

I don’t understand why anybody has a problem with this or any other event. If someone wants to participate and spend their money that is their prerogative. 

Well said!  I think there are a lot of jealous people out there who are just not happy about anything related to hockey.  They must have thought their kid was going to make it to the show and when it didn't happen they became grumpy old puckers!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Well said!  I think there are a lot of jealous people out there who are just not happy about anything related to hockey.  They must have thought their kid was going to make it to the show and when it didn't happen they became grumpy old puckers!

Grumpyoldpucker  that is not a reference to you.  Once I posted it I realized that I had heard it before.  Sorry haha.

I could agree that it is a money grab if the teams were set up by  Joe Schmoe from Schmoe's Elite Select Hockey Academy and the players were paying over 1k to be on the team. From what I have seen advertised they are not paying a lot to play.