Vipers revisted

We’re getting there. We do have a couple of spots to fill at the Vipers level. And we have some non-parent coaches lined up for 10U and 12U. Viper Stars and Esmark have their finished tryout results posted.

We are holding an Open House on Sunday.Things are moving in the right direction. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Clonbur said:

Hmmmm.... Posey fired/resigned.  No Viper 12u or 10u teams??  But the Board is still "doing their best".  

One of my favorite topics!  Posey!  

Call me surprised about this post... LOL

• 100 1

True NHAHA has hit some set backs these past few seasons.  Changing rink ownership wouldn't be easy on any program.  Board member transition... Uncertainty hit the organization hard. 

There are extremely passionate people leading the NHAHA program now.  The people that stepped up immediately upon Mr. Posey departure only prove to me and others involved that they do not in fact have "1 foot on a banana peel"!  They are turning the corner!  Better days are coming!

There are extremely good/talented people stepping in to make NHAHA a successful organization.  I won't name them directly, but keep trolling and I'm sure you will find out on your own soon enough.  Look forward to proving all the sad/sorry naysayers wrong!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I honestly hope someone would turn it around.  Unfortunately it will not be the current leadership.  They wrote their own script and they are paying the price.  Nobody else is to blame but themselves.  It saddens me as so many good families are now suffering from their inability to lead.  They have to deal with broken promises as the board has deceived them once again.  I'm sure they will make sure everyone that signed their financial commitment pays in full while they provide a much less qualified coach.   Sad all around and horrible for hockey.  

• Like 1

The good families will come back once they see the commitment is there!  NHAHA WILL BE a family orientated program that prides itself on providing our families a highly competitive yet fun atmosphere.

As for the statement about unqualified coaches...  maybe sometime clonbur would be willing to come by and show some of these "unqualified" coaches a thing or two.  I'll get the ice, you just gotta show up. 

Something tells me I don't need to be in a hurry to book that ice slot...

I'm not a coach.  Never claimed to be.  Posey's resume (like him or not) will be hard to beat.  He was a major reason why most of the kids stayed with the Stars.  When you sell a product that includes a qualified coach and then you don't provide one...  who's fault is that?  Who suffers?  NHAHA needs to point their finger at themselves (which they never do).  I'm not the reason the program failed.  I noticed the poor leadership 4 years ago.  

• Like 1

You are pretty vocal for someone who chooses to do nothing to help.  Just kinda appear the second things in NHAHA seem dark, damp, or dirty.  In nature there are animals that dwell in that same type of enviorment.  

Do better my friend!

Edited by Deke715
  • Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 11:09 AM, Clonbur said:

Hmmmm.... Posey fired/resigned.  No Viper 12u or 10u teams??  But the Board is still "doing their best".  

Why are you and Conblur so obsessed with NHAHA? 

Edited by IceMom

3 hours ago, Clonbur said:

I'm not a coach.  Never claimed to be.  Posey's resume (like him or not) will be hard to beat.  He was a major reason why most of the kids stayed with the Stars.  When you sell a product that includes a qualified coach and then you don't provide one...  who's fault is that?  Who suffers?  NHAHA needs to point their finger at themselves (which they never do).  I'm not the reason the program failed.  I noticed the poor leadership 4 years ago.  

His resume?  Where did he play?  

7 hours ago, Clonbur said:

In what world does Posey have a good resume?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Clonbur said:

Hi!

Board member here?

You had a bad experience a few years ago that I am sorry to hear about. BUT a majority of the current board was not involved in that so the continuous barrage of “bad people on the board” is annoying and offensive. Many of us are new and working extremely hard. I swear, you just sit and stare at the website waiting for something scandalous to pop up.

Yes, Posey resigned on his own accord. His decision. And his “resume” is really not any more impressive than the next when you consider he did not play past high school hockey. The coaches that are lined up have all played a high level of hockey past high school: i.e AAA, Juniors, college. Is he a good skills coach? Absolutely. But so are 100’s of others. That’s not an insult it’s just a fact.

Yes, we had attrition. We were expecting a high amount. We were surprised how high that amount ended up being. There was definitely a lot of self reflection and plans put in place moving forward.

Hockey is fickle. I’ve been around it long enough to see many organizations have mass exodus’s and push forward. Parents are always looking for the next big thing or greener grass. Some organizations profit from it, some don’t. It ebbs and flows. The “it” organization isn’t the “it” organization for more than a few years in a row.

I honestly wish you would just move on from NHAHA and find a new obsession. Some of us there are truly there to make a difference and to grow the organization. This week alone, I’ve put more hours in on the phone and sending emails than I did for my own job. Please just accept that your previous experience sucked but it had literally nothing to do with those of us there who are putting in the work to make other’s experience a positive 1.

• Like 7

On 6/3/2022 at 6:37 PM, AMR24 said:

Hi!

Board member here?

You had a bad experience a few years ago that I am sorry to hear about. BUT a majority of the current board was not involved in that so the continuous barrage of “bad people on the board” is annoying and offensive. Many of us are new and working extremely hard. I swear, you just sit and stare at the website waiting for something scandalous to pop up.

Yes, Posey resigned on his own accord. His decision. And his “resume” is really not any more impressive than the next when you consider he did not play past high school hockey. The coaches that are lined up have all played a high level of hockey past high school: i.e AAA, Juniors, college. Is he a good skills coach? Absolutely. But so are 100’s of others. That’s not an insult it’s just a fact.

Yes, we had attrition. We were expecting a high amount. We were surprised how high that amount ended up being. There was definitely a lot of self reflection and plans put in place moving forward.

Hockey is fickle. I’ve been around it long enough to see many organizations have mass exodus’s and push forward. Parents are always looking for the next big thing or greener grass. Some organizations profit from it, some don’t. It ebbs and flows. The “it” organization isn’t the “it” organization for more than a few years in a row.

I honestly wish you would just move on from NHAHA and find a new obsession. Some of us there are truly there to make a difference and to grow the organization. This week alone, I’ve put more hours in on the phone and sending emails than I did for my own job. Please just accept that your previous experience sucked but it had literally nothing to do with those of us there who are putting in the work to make other’s experience a positive 1.

Well said -I have had zero connection with this organization however here you are, trying to make a difference.  good on you.  Every org has its deadwood douchebags that need to be weeded out - every single one.

My guess is thirty years from now  @Clonbur will be holding court in a wheel chair boring his grandkids to death with war stories about the misgivings of NHAHA and how he was the prophet and truth-teller of the organization, all the while abandoning it many years ago but talking about it as if he still had skin in the game.

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, AMR24 said:

Hi!

Board member here?

I do think the playing experience of a coach is very much overrated. I'd take a coach with good coaching history over a good player any day.  With that being said, the lack of playing experience isn't what makes Posey a poor coach.

I have no problem exposing a bad coach who is overpaid, but I think it's crazy that people come on here to bash board members of clubs. These are volunteers, who almost all have the players best interest in mind at all times. There are always going to be a few bad ones, but the majority are very generous for donating their time just to get bashed by parents who had a bad experience. Maybe those parents should donate their time to help out instead of complaining about everything.

• Like 2