Vipers revisted

On 6/3/2022 at 10:31 PM, fafa fohi said:

Well said -I have had zero connection with this organization however here you are, trying to make a difference.  good on you.  Every org has its deadwood douchebags that need to be weeded out - every single one.

My guess is thirty years from now  @Clonbur will be holding court in a wheel chair boring his grandkids to death with war stories about the misgivings of NHAHA and how he was the profit and truth-teller of the organization, all the while abandoning it many years ago but talking about it as if he still had skin in the game.

Everything I stated became true and is true.  My skin in the game is the friends and families that are still being misled by this unethical organization.  They begged, pleaded and bribed many players to stay/come back.  Then they chase the coach out.  (I am not for or against Posey, he never coached my kid).  They are money hungry and no good for hockey.  Call me what you want behind your keyboard, you sound like a tough guy.  I will continue to refrain from name calling as I always have.  I will always side with ethics and what's good for the sport.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Clonbur said:

Everything I stated became true and is true.  My skin in the game is the friends and families that are still being misled by this unethical organization.  They begged, pleaded and bribed many players to stay/come back.  Then they chase the coach out.  (I am not for or against Posey, he never coached my kid).  They are money hungry and no good for hockey.  Call me what you want behind your keyboard, you sound like a tough guy.  I will continue to refrain from name calling as I always have.  I will always side with ethics and what's good for the sport.  

I do not recall me calling you names - that is you misreading what I stated.  As for your comments directed towards the current board member on this thread and for those that are new board members that are trying to make a difference, you still have an axe to grind with them which makes zero sense, whereas you did nothing to improve the situation while you were there and you bolted years ago.  You did not serve on the board nor did you coach while at NHAHA, correct?

You clearly did not like the direction the organization was going and left so good for you, yet here you are digging up old bones.  You cannot seem to to have the ability to just let it go and be happy where you are now.  Everyone knows your feelings towards NHAHA ad nauseam.   Move on.

31 minutes ago, Clonbur said:

Actually have to agree.  Rarely do you find ethics pretty much in most sports today.  I do know some of the board member there are definitely unhinged and the few that weren't, well left because of this.   Sad because they could have been a solid organization.  We started out playing there for 2 years but then left.  When you have a coach that doesn't know the game at all and can't skate you know it's time to go, especially when the organization tells you that they are going to send their "skills" coach to help out.  Well, he showed up ONCE during the season and was appalled at how the practice was ran.  Well, they never sent him back and things went back to how they were.  The coach was a good person just unfortunately didn't know hockey.  The board on the other hand or President at the time, did listen then never acted except the one time.  Sad. These families pay a lot of money so their kids can learn the game and end up learning nothing.   Now, I do know that it is hard to find volunteer coaches that have actually played the game for B/A Level Hockey.  This is a big problem.  But if you have the board promising to have the PAID guy on staff, Skills Guy,  to visit practices until things get better and have him only show up once, that's bad business practice.  

Eventually everything comes back to bite you.  Just like it did for the Armstrong Arrows 18U NB team last season.  I think only 1 kid (and not even sure about him) out of 7 that could have returned there this season went back.  The kids had enough of the political crap.

I just checked and the 1 kid that I thought returned didn't even go back.  They have a whole new roster.

Edited by FNFA
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

10 hours ago, Clonbur said:

You exhaust me. And nothing I say changes your opinion. You just skirt around with your accusations. And I’m done trying to converse with you. But I would like to clarify 2 points:

1. Posey was not chased out. He priced himself out. When the board pushed back on a line item he became upset. They were against raising costs any more than necessary due to rising ice costs. Both sides met several times with out an agreement. He choose to leave. End of story. 

2. I think you have forgotten what NON PROFIT means. You continue to say “money hungry”. We do not see a dime. What comes in goes out by the end of the season. There is no profit. We are VOLUNTEERS. I did not get paid for any of the hours I put in for trying to help fix Posey’s mess last week. I pushed aside work for my paid job to help. I continued to pitch in even when I’m already overwhelmed with my oldest graduating and throwing his party and getting him prepared to leave for college. We are not all self-serving, money hungry parents. We really do have the kid’s best interest in the for front. Posey leaving does not affect my child in any form or fashion. He’s on the Viper’s end and his team is secure. I could have washed my hands and said, “not my monkey, not my circus” but my concern is making sure that the kids were affected by this in the least possible way. There are several of us working hard on this even though our kids have no ties to Posey.

You speak of ethics and what’s good for the sport but scoff at it when it’s demonstrated. There’s nothing anyone can do to help you see past your haze of anger. 

• Like 2
  • 100 1

14 hours ago, AMR24 said:

You exhaust me. And nothing I say changes your opinion. You just skirt around with your accusations. And I’m done trying to converse with you. But I would like to clarify 2 points:

1. Posey was not chased out. He priced himself out. When the board pushed back on a line item he became upset. They were against raising costs any more than necessary due to rising ice costs. Both sides met several times with out an agreement. He choose to leave. End of story. 

2. I think you have forgotten what NON PROFIT means. You continue to say “money hungry”. We do not see a dime. What comes in goes out by the end of the season. There is no profit. We are VOLUNTEERS. I did not get paid for any of the hours I put in for trying to help fix Posey’s mess last week. I pushed aside work for my paid job to help. I continued to pitch in even when I’m already overwhelmed with my oldest graduating and throwing his party and getting him prepared to leave for college. We are not all self-serving, money hungry parents. We really do have the kid’s best interest in the for front. Posey leaving does not affect my child in any form or fashion. He’s on the Viper’s end and his team is secure. I could have washed my hands and said, “not my monkey, not my circus” but my concern is making sure that the kids were affected by this in the least possible way. There are several of us working hard on this even though our kids have no ties to Posey.

You speak of ethics and what’s good for the sport but scoff at it when it’s demonstrated. There’s nothing anyone can do to help you see past your haze of anger. 

You are not a NON-PROFIT organization.  You are Not-for-profit, big difference.  You also have paid employees and board members.  It sounds like they sit back and let you do all the work.  I am sure the Aviators will appreciate your hard work.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Clonbur said:

You are not a NON-PROFIT organization.  You are Not-for-profit, big difference.  You also have paid employees and board members.  It sounds like they sit back and let you do all the work.  I am sure the Aviators will appreciate your hard work.

Please enlighten me as to who the paid board members are, how much their salary is and how often are they paid? Seriously. I’d love to know.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Clonbur said:

Officially lost any and all credibility!  Buying what the Aviators are selling???

The Renegades "dad ball" equivalent 

Keep huffing that paint thinner clonbur??????????

Edited by Deke715
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Deke715 said:

Officially lost any and all credibility!  Buying what the Aviators are selling???

The Renegades "dad ball" equivalent 

Keep huffing that paint thinner clonbur??????????

I don’t understand the “dad ball” reference, please explain @Deke715

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2022 at 10:41 PM, Lucky17 said:

I don’t understand the “dad ball” reference, please explain @Deke715

Renegades just like the majority of these local associations are 100% political.  They never pick the best kids, dad's have so much to do with it.  Matter of fact, one kid made the U18 Renegades team who has no business being on that team but because his dad went to high school with the Renegades head coach and played hockey together the son made the team.  Such a shame what this sport any many others have become.   

10 minutes ago, FNFA said:

Renegades just like the majority of these local associations are 100% political.  They never pick the best kids, dad's have so much to do with it.  Matter of fact, one kid made the U18 Renegades team who has no business being on that team but because his dad went to high school with the Renegades head coach and played hockey together the son made the team.  Such a shame what this sport any many others have become.   

Seems @FNFA has a son that got cut from the SCIR U-18 team and is sore about it.

Since this team is coming off winning a national championship, I would put my trust in those running this team over you.

• Holy Moly 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Just now, fafa fohi said:

Seems @FNFA has a son that got cut from the SCIR U-18 team and is sore about it.

Since this team is coming off winning a national championship, I would put my trust in those running this team over you.

I thought his comment odd, too, in light of exactly what you said.

Politics comes into play every where you go. If you are picking between the same level of talent, some other factor comes into play, including I know this kid and his family thus they are a known entity. But it could be lots of things, like ...your kid is a known trouble maker...you are bad in the stands....etc.

This is a small hockey town. By the time your kid hits U18, everyone knows someone who knows your kid.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

On 6/21/2022 at 2:10 PM, fafa fohi said:

It appears the Renegades have 3 teams at 18U this year.   We are not even sure which one @FNFA is referring to!  We just assume it is the U16 National Champ team moving up!

16 hours ago, forbin said:

I see on their site that the Vipers aren’t fielding 10U or 12U teams, but the Viper Stars are….what’s the story here? 

They chased everyone away... hence "Viper's Demise", the original thread.  The 10u and 12u stars coach even left/fired (depends on how you interpret "pay decrease").  If you sign up today your kid could be a member of a AA program!!  

18 hours ago, forbin said:

I see on their site that the Vipers aren’t fielding 10U or 12U teams, but the Viper Stars are….what’s the story here? 

Honestly, it was a perfect storm: admittedly poor coaching choices (no other options really-volunteer coaches are becoming harder to find), a lot of girl players that moved to strictly girls teams, a charismatic parent that sold greener pastures elsewhere ??‍♀️ And, I’ll be honest in the VS teams hurt that age group. Had the majority end up there.

@Clonbur, I’m still waiting for you to tell me who the paid board members are. I’m not one of them so you give me “receipts”and I’ll take them to the board.  Tell me who they are and I’ll call them out. You’ve said in a past post you hoped to see someone turn it around. I’m that someone but instead of giving me helpful information, you choose to laugh and ridicule. It annoys me that you take so much joy in what you consider our demise. You laugh and say “I told you so” with NO thought of the kids there…like mine…who like it there and want to play with his friends he’s had since ADM. You be perfectly content pointing your finger in my face and laughing if it ended up my kid didn’t have a “home” to play at. Honestly, parents like you are the reason we can’t find solid volunteer coaches. No one wants the job to deal with parents who think they know better…

The Viper Stars has helped and hurt the organization.  Just like the birth year teams at other organizations.  And at the same time, non-birth year teams has hurt and helped North Pittsburgh.  Basically some parents and kids want more ice and games (at a higher cost) and a birth year team, while others want a cheaper team, less of a time commitment, but still  with the same quality of kids.  Some times you can have it both ways, most of the times you can't .  

I do think if you want to play AA hockey you should be expected to pay more than a single A team.  The problem is that if you have most of the kids that want to play AA hockey (pay more money) but you don't have the talent to field a full team.

@AMR24  You must not have read any of my previous posts or your interpretation on my comments is completely off.  I get no joy from the Viper's failures.  Never once have I or will I call anyone out by name or call people names.  I've never had any issues with anything that has happened on the ice.  My son had great coaches the entire time and we've made wonderful friendships with many great families.  My issue is with THE BOARD.  Their decisions have ruined an opportunity for my son and others.  Yet, they continue to blame others for their failures.  

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, sadday4hockey said:

It appears that the one team Huskies have outmaneuvered the Vipers as the surviving organization at PIA. Viper board members..... how did you allow this to occur?

https://pittsburghicearena.com/

There was no choice. We were TOLD.  Today. 5 minutes before they posted about the huskies. They wanted full control, we tried to work with them, had several meetings. This was their solution.

9 minutes ago, aaaahockey said:

Can someone explain this drama to the rest of us? 

That question is best directed to Black Bear…they are doing as they please…

Board was told today that they are putting their full backing to the Huskies and will more than likely not be offering ice to Vipers/Viper Stars due to them being a competitor. Esmark will of course always have ice ??‍♀️ Only they can explain that reasoning when Esmark, Viper Stars andVipers are all 1 organization…NHAHA….

Edited by AMR24
  • Money 1

41 minutes ago, AMR24 said:

That question is best directed to Black Bear…they are doing as they please…

Board was told today that they are putting their full backing to the Huskies and will more than likely not be offering ice to Vipers/Viper Stars due to them being a competitor. Esmark will of course always have ice ??‍♀️ Only they can explain that reasoning when Esmark, Viper Stars andVipers are all 1 organization…NHAHA….

So Vipers/Stars will no longer have a home? 

If I understand correctly, they own Huskies and their USA Hockey charter. Huskies signed it over.

They proposed to take over NHAHA, wanting complete control over all of it. The board pushed back. Had the board signed, Black Bear would have owned NHAHA. I imagine the same proposal was presented to Huskies and they consented. If their negotiations where anything similar to NHAHA’s, it was probably done forcefully.

This appears to be their MO. If you scroll through Black Bears’ Facebook page and read comments, you’ll see they’ve come into rinks, take over the organizations then move onto the next. They’ve snuffed many smaller organizations to make way for their monopoly.