07 Tryouts

2 hours ago, RJUSHL said:

Where do the Icemen play? Do they try and do the whole independent AAA thing?

They play at the Frozen Pond off of Rt. 8.  The place used to be the worst rink in PA, but DW and MF have poured a ton of money into that place and made huge improvements.  Who could forget the urinal in the boys locker rooms that used to be located right in the middle of the room?  As far as AA or AAA level they go into tryouts with the intention of playing at the AAA level but if the talent is not there they may play at the AA level as one of their teams did last year.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, twoboys said:

If the Icemen pull off two teams at 07, which is the rumor, I would think that the PAHL model proposed by some on here is broken.

It already was.  Too many teams going independent ruins PAHL AA.  That is what they all should be playing but it's ego city for some and no other choice for others as that is all that will be left. Stupid but this is where things are because so many teams have decided to go independent.   Again, the 2007 mid am group minus North Pittsburgh and add Vengeance would have been a great competitive PAHL AA league for that birth year.    That is what all those teams are with some AAA kids sprinkled in on those teams.

4 hours ago, twoboys said:

If the Icemen pull off two teams at 07, which is the rumor, I would think that the PAHL model proposed by some on here is broken.

I just can't see that happening. There's no way they convince enough to "settle" for the 2nd team. These parents just will not accept such a horrendous disservice done their future meal ticket.

How are the 07 Independent teams looking at 07?

Pens I heard have brought in several kids, but overall lost Moony which is a hit.

Esmark brought in many new players but kept core I think.

Vengance swapped a player or two with Esmark and added a few

SHAHA may have added a couple

Icemen I think jury is still out on.

Preds added some players

Foxes disbanded

Allegheny disbanded

Who did I leave out?

What are you guys hearing?

Did anyone get significantly better or worse?

44 minutes ago, Birddog said:

How are the 07 Independent teams looking at 07?

Pens I heard have brought in several kids, but overall lost Moony which is a hit.

Esmark brought in many new players but kept core I think.

Vengance swapped a player or two with Esmark and added a few

SHAHA may have added a couple

Icemen I think jury is still out on.

Preds added some players

Foxes disbanded

Allegheny disbanded

Who did I leave out?

What are you guys hearing?

Did anyone get significantly better or worse?

They look like a bunch of AA teams pretending to be AAA that won't play each other and travel all over

On 4/23/2022 at 11:01 AM, fafa fohi said:

They play at the Frozen Pond off of Rt. 8.  The place used to be the worst rink in PA, but DW and MF have poured a ton of money into that place and made huge improvements.  Who could forget the urinal in the boys locker rooms that used to be located right in the middle of the room?  As far as AA or AAA level they go into tryouts with the intention of playing at the AAA level but if the talent is not there they may play at the AA level as one of their teams did last year.

that rink is stilll a huge shit hole.... always will be.  

• 100 2

48 minutes ago, PUCKCOVID19 said:

of course he did sister is a coach. and he gets treated like a rock star.  wait tilll that team doesnt do much this season. then he will want out as well 

Hard to leave when you get a pass on the N.C. schooling and you play for free. Anyone would take that deal. 

48 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

Hard to leave when you get a pass on the N.C. schooling and you play for free. Anyone would take that deal. 

I'd be pissed if some kid didn't have to go to North catholic to play on that team but mine did. 

BUT actually I guess I wouldn't, since mine wouldn't play on any team where a specific school was forced on you as the only option. Maybe unless they paid the tuition, and pretty much not even then if it was that school. Seems shady. 

• Fist Bump 1

2 hours ago, PUCKCOVID19 said:

that rink is stilll a huge shit hole.... always will be.  

Yeah?

Ask your kids what they think of the ice there - it's one of the best sheets of ice in this area.  And I have been in worse rinks since their rebuild.  That rink is ten times better than it used to be.

1 minute ago, fafa fohi said:

Yeah?

Ask your kids what they think of the ice there - it's one of the best sheets of ice in this area.  And I have been in worse rinks since their rebuild.  That rink is ten times better than it used to be.

If the new owner took a dump right on center ice, it would've been an improvement over what it used to be. 

Just now, nemesis8679 said:

If the new owner took a dump right on center ice, it would've been an improvement over what it used to be. 

Whatever......... I mention ownership actually putting money into the facilities and the peanut gallery gets a chubby and piles on.  They could have bought the rink and did nothing just as the previous owners did.

15 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

Whatever......... I mention ownership actually putting money into the facilities and the peanut gallery gets a chubby and piles on.  They could have bought the rink and did nothing just as the previous owners did.

It was a compliment. It's a thousand times better.