Ebensburg Folding?

3 hours ago, BeaverFalls said:

Program out in Ebensburg looks to be in process of folding.  Seeing only two teams advertised for tryouts and not enough showed up for that. I for one was never fond of the drive to play in that mini-rink but one less pahl organization. 

To my knowledge they have never been a part of PAHL and play as an independent.

My understanding is that Appalachian Elite is/was a team that was created in that area as a response to the Mid-State Mustangs.  From what I heard in past, it was a group of parents from that rink that weren't fans of Mustangs and started that team/program as a direct competitor.  I'm pretty sure at one point both played split seasons between Mustangs or App Elite and their PAHL teams (Jets, Trackers, Icers, Warriors, etc).  I think that at one point App Elite and the Johnstown Jets rosters were almost identical.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Corsi said:

My understanding is that Appalachian Elite is/was a team that was created in that area as a response to the Mid-State Mustangs.  From what I heard in past, it was a group of parents from that rink that weren't fans of Mustangs and started that team/program as a direct competitor.  I'm pretty sure at one point both played split seasons between Mustangs or App Elite and their PAHL teams (Jets, Trackers, Icers, Warriors, etc).  I think that at one point App Elite and the Johnstown Jets rosters were almost identical.  

Other than midstate I’ve yet to see a AA team from that area. That’s pretty sad considering the Cambria team has been around a long time. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RegDunlop7 said:

Indiana, Johnstown Jets, and Johnstown Warriors have had a few mediocre AA teams over the years. Altoona used to have some powerhouse AA teams before Mid-State was formed.

Yes, I believe State College has had a few over the years, mainly at younger age groups, but that was years ago.  Those teams seemed to have broken up and players have moved on to other organizations.  Looks like none of those organizations have anything above "A" anymore.

• Like 1