Favorites at 18U AA?

16 minutes ago, hockeyisgreat said:

Obviously the 16U National Champs from SCIR will be moving up.  I think that whole team was made up of 05's.  They will be young but a heck of a team!

And they are entertaining adding a couple of 04's from what I understand (Freshman - ACHA College players) 

On 4/27/2022 at 11:47 AM, Anons said:

Arrows were strong at 18U last year, but will lose many of their players who are aging out or off the college, correct?

I’d expect them to be competitive at least, based on history. Idk the exact specifics as to who is remaining or not. The 16u was capable in the district so if some of them are retained and move up, I don’t see them completely falling off. 

On 4/28/2022 at 12:40 PM, BeaverFalls said:

I’d expect them to be competitive at least, based on history.

It's impressive how they usually acquire talent at 16u and 18u.  Beat them all through squirt peewee and bantam and all of a sudden they are national bound and bringing it at midget.  How does that happen?

8 hours ago, Jack Handey said:

It's impressive how they usually acquire talent at 16u and 18u.  Beat them all through squirt peewee and bantam and all of a sudden they are national bound and bringing it at midget.  How does that happen?

They seem do a pretty good job at marketing their tier II program and bringing kids in. A lot of those kids are coming from all other areas in WPA.  I remember about 6 years ago when their 18u team went to nationals they had kids from Moon, Gibsonia, Butler, Delmont etc. 

18 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

So where did those AAA kids come from?  If you say Preds, Icemen, Vengeance according to this site are they really AAA players?

one played pens elite, few played vengeance , and few played esmark. None from icemen. None from Preds 

Looks like Icemen U18 are having a supplemental tryout?  If a “AAA” level team, let alone a AA team needs to have a supplemental and cannot fill a roster after tryouts that cannot be good.  At this point they are simply trying to fill roster spots.

Edited by fafa fohi
  • Like 1

I think Foxes and North Pittsburgh are still having tryouts.  After they are done there may be a few kids looking for teams.  Maybe they should have a clearing house of sorts where players without a team could put there names in to be contacted. Or a regional tryout that any organization that still needs players could go to and draft or make offers to players,  Or maybe some teams should combine and flip a coin as to what organization they play with.  Just trying to think outside of the box!

• Like 1

PAHL just set up something on their website as a clearinghouse for teams looking for players. I have never seen that before. It's a good idea....a lot of kids just won't play at 18u. Just not the same kind of play at that age. Talk about playing the same teams over and over..... maybe after AA at 18u a draft league isn't a bad idea. It's made for really close competition for the girls PIHL. And then you don't lose anyone who wants to still play.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hockeyisgreat said:

I think Foxes and North Pittsburgh are still having tryouts.  After they are done there may be a few kids looking for teams.  Maybe they should have a clearing house of sorts where players without a team could put there names in to be contacted. Or a regional tryout that any organization that still needs players could go to and draft or make offers to players,  Or maybe some teams should combine and flip a coin as to what organization they play with.  Just trying to think outside of the box!

I think that’s a good idea - definitely has potential imho.