Best location for a new rink?

Well I didn't win the powerball, but when I do, I promise to build you all a new rink to celebrate.

What part of town is in the most need for a new rink?  Or what part of the state needs a new rink?  I'm location agnostic.

Is the South Hills saturated? 

North and East seem pretty well served maybe.  How about west?  Seems open to this kind of opportunity.

Any smaller towns with a hockey affinity but no rink?

You could argue the Airport Ice Arena had one of the better locations for a rink.  In it's heyday (95-05) that rink was bustling and served a lot of programs well.  Unfortunately, it was then run into the ground, and a lot of those programs have not fully recovered, and some don't exist anymore. 

If I am building a new rink, I am putting it in that area. 

• Like 4

Not the 79 corridor. UPMC, Baierl, RMU, and Printscape are already right up and down 79.

I would think Pleasant Hills / Jefferson Hills would be an opportunity. Significantly east of 79, but still not particularly close to Ice Castle or Spencer YMCA in Bethel.  A rink there would pull from South Park, Peters Township, and also McKeesport and West Mifflin to the east.

Or maybe in Hampton Township where Route 8 and the Turnpike intersect. It's further east than the 79 corridor.

1 hour ago, sample39 said:

You could argue the Airport Ice Arena had one of the better locations for a rink.  In it's heyday (95-05) that rink was bustling and served a lot of programs well.  Unfortunately, it was then run into the ground, and a lot of those programs have not fully recovered, and some don't exist anymore. 

If I am building a new rink, I am putting it in that area. 

Not a bad idea. Or even somewhere along the new Southern Beltway. That road connects North Strabane, South Fayette, McDonald, West A, Robinson, and Moon pretty well. Lots of land out there near the two giant Amazon facilities on the new highway.