NCDC entry draft

NCDC entry draft was published last night. 

Per the web site, each team was made to keep drafting until they have 70 players protected.  Yep, that reads SEVEN ZERO (!)  

In an attempt to get younger, the league restricted selections to 2005 and 2006s instead of the traditional junior range (2002 to 2006). 

Peters/SHAHA kid taken in round 28.  Congrats.

https://www.usphl.com/news_article/show/1225151

Approximately 330 kids drafted. Seven from WPA. Two go to Gilmour and one plays for the Washington Little Capitals. In essence, four local players with how many AAA programs and Shady Side Academy.  I think it is time for organizations to remove "development" from their websites.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Denis Lemiuex said:

Approximately 330 kids drafted. Seven from WPA. Two go to Gilmour and one plays for the Washington Little Capitals. In essence, four local players with how many AAA programs and Shady Side Academy.  I think it is time for organizations to remove "development" from their websites.

Wouldn't it be 1 local kid since 3 of the other 4 drafted are from out of state and just play for PPE. 

Edited by Pucks11

59 minutes ago, Pucks11 said:

Wouldn't it be 1 local kid since 3 of the other 4 drafted are from out of state and just play for PPE. 

Two Gilmour kids are from western pa.

the ncdc is a mediocre junior league, to top it off 95% of those kids drafted will never play there. Usphl premier for life.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

Two Gilmour kids are from western pa.

the ncdc is a mediocre junior league, to top it off 95% of those kids drafted will never play there. Usphl premier for life.  

The 2 Gilmour kids were pointed out in the original post of the 7 drafted if you remove them as he did plus the Caps kid then he said 4 local were drafted but if you look at the 4 remaining only 1 is from Pittsburgh (SHAHA) while the 3 PPE kids are from out of state. 

1 hour ago, Pucks11 said:

The 2 Gilmour kids were pointed out in the original post of the 7 drafted if you remove them as he did plus the Caps kid then he said 4 local were drafted but if you look at the 4 remaining only 1 is from Pittsburgh (SHAHA) while the 3 PPE kids are from out of state. 

I thought I saw a couple Esmark 05 go in the draft also. I think it was 39 rounds cause they have 3 new teams and the last 15 rounds are those team filling out the 70 man. It's still Tier 2 junior hockey and tuition free if you kid makes the team and is kept on the team and not sent down to to lower teams, I would make sure you read that contract carefully before signing.

9 hours ago, mrfreeze said:

I thought I saw a couple Esmark 05 go in the draft also. I think it was 39 rounds cause they have 3 new teams and the last 15 rounds are those team filling out the 70 man. It's still Tier 2 junior hockey and tuition free if you kid makes the team and is kept on the team and not sent down to to lower teams, I would make sure you read that contract carefully before signing.

Its still technically Tier 3 junior hockey.  They tried to go to Tier 2 and USA Hockey said no because of the NAHL, so they basically gave themselves the extra A to call themselves Tier 2 and be unsanctioned hockey.

Edited by HereWithPopcorn
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

8 hours ago, HereWithPopcorn said:

Its still technically Tier 3 junior hockey.  They tried to go to Tier 2 and USA Hockey said no because of the NAHL, so they basically gave themselves the extra A to call themselves Tier 2 and be unsanctioned hockey.

Yeah but it is free.  Isn't that the knock that many of you have with the Vengeance and other Tier 3 Junior teams?  That they are a waste of money?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twoboys said:

Yeah but it is free.  Isn't that the knock that many of you have with the Vengeance and other Tier 3 Junior teams?  That they are a waste of money?

and If you think the top kids on tier3 teas are paying to play? I can tell you they ARE NOT