Major Changes to Younger Level MyHockeyRankings

While I know it helps to fuel egos of the crazy parents who's son is a future NHL superstar, I think the rankings are very helpful. They have made scheduling games significantly easier for most. It's made finding opponents simple and has also really cut down on those 10 goal thumpings that used to happen all the time back in the day.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Icebucket said:

While I know it helps to fuel egos of the crazy parents who's son is a future NHL superstar, I think the rankings are very helpful. They have made scheduling games significantly easier for most. It's made finding opponents simple and has also really cut down on those 10 goal thumpings that used to happen all the time back in the day.

From time to time those 10 goal thumping’s create character. They make the player realize everyone doesn’t get a trophy, there are better players. It pushes kids out of their bubbles. If the player is serious, it gives them a measuring stick. 

Edited by Danner27

I don't think this is the answer.  If they really want to keep the rankings from the parents, they should have different tiers.  Have blocks of 20 and don't have a ratings for specific team in the 20.  Maybe just an average rating for the group.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

Just list the teams alphabetically and have a search feature that will allow you to search for teams within a 5 point rating range.... If you are looking for competitive games then +/ 2.5 (or +5 from their own rank number for the masochists) should be good enough for most. Maybe advance search where you can pick multiple states or USAH districts. That will effectively accomplish what the rankings should really do for the younger ages (by this I mean anything U12 or below). If someone wants to do the work to scrape all the data and sort it by rating they can have at it..

• Like 1