NAHL Draft 2022

You would think with the way PPE develops players ten or more players from said PPE would have been drafted.

Unless I missed something or they are PPE alums coming from a different team, not a single one got drafted.

Edited by fafa fohi

10 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

You would think with the way PPE develops players ten or more players from said PPE would have been drafted.

Unless I missed something or they are PPE alums coming from a different team, not a single one got drafted.

many PPE are already tendered and thus not eligible to be drafted. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hockey2020 said:

many PPE are already tendered and thus not eligible to be drafted. 

Correct, the higher end ppe kids shot for the ushl.  Esmark kids don’t get tendered to the nahl usually until U18, but we know how 95% of those work out. 

Edited by Danner27

1 hour ago, Happy Hockey Fan said:

Everybody knocks Esmark, but they have a had some kids move on to NAHL and D1. Not everybody can make it to the top, but some of their kids do. They do give kids an opportunity, why such vitriol? 

Because the disciples from PPE do not feel there is no other program in western PA that exists outside of theirs, let alone be mentioned in the same breath as PPE.

14 hours ago, Danner27 said:

Despise their site - just names, not teams or area’s listed ? Any western pa kids ? 

Look at it on a PC or laptop and not your phone.  You'll see birth location and last team, which seem to fall off the screen on a phone. 

You can also click on the kid's name to get more info on the kid.

Agree, the page is not designed very well - seems to be a pre- smartphone relic.

I think I see one kid there from western PA, an 04 who played PPE in the past.

the nahl teams do not necessarily disclose tenders. ppe site has a player advancement section that shows some. i know of 4 additional ones from last year’s 18’s and 16’s that are not listed tho. esmark site im sure lists them as well. i don’t know what is better- being tendered or a draft pick? either way tenders cannot be drafted. 

not bashing esmark but the numbers are not the same. about 80% of last year’s PPE 18 team is signed, drafted or tendered (yes i know they still have to make team). only prob 10% of esmark tho. so the numbers are just factually different 

Edited by hockey2020

3 hours ago, hockey2020 said:

the nahl teams do not necessarily disclose tenders.

yeah understood but several signings are made public and wouldn't it be useful to have one page where all teams tenders were located vs having to visit a bunch different web sites?  there are what 29 teams in nahl?

call it how it really is. Pittsburgh is not a hockey hot bed like alot of folks think it is. the best kids once they hit midgets leave bc there is nothing else for pgh to offer them and the really good ones that stay end up for the most part usphl premier or ncdc. 

• Like 1

Who thinks Pittsburgh is a Hockey hot bed?  If it weren't for Lemieux twice Pittsburgh wouldn't even have Hockey.  What would you like Pittsburgh to offer them that they don't have?

Pennsylvania will never be Minnesota or Michigan or New England when it comes to Hockey!  For one thing it's not cold enough long enough for kids to play real hockey on frozen ponds and lakes. Listen to Crosby talk about how he was out on the ice from the time he got home from school till dark every day in the winter.

On 6/16/2022 at 5:07 PM, PUCKCOVID19 said:

call it how it really is. Pittsburgh is not a hockey hot bed like alot of folks think it is. the best kids once they hit midgets leave bc there is nothing else for pgh to offer them and the really good ones that stay end up for the most part usphl premier or ncdc. 

a lot of the good ones stay bc there is no reason to leave PPE for a lateral move to another top 10 team. and the good ones who stay end up USHL, BCHL, NAHL. the exposure is there. if you are good enough and play for PPE you move on to a good league. Don’t know of any of the good PPE players who end up at USPHL.