Big Announcement coming - NEW Coach at Bishop McCort - WoW !

7 minutes ago, Spear and Magic Helmet said:

Didn't realize it's been that long that Bishop McCort was a co-op team. Good for them for holding it together and finding a coach when the previous guy got a lengthy suspension. 

They are pure and headed back to the PIHL 

Edited by Pa Hockey

On 6/29/2022 at 5:07 PM, Chinstrap said:

Thanks. Do they all recruit?

Private / Catholic schools are not bound by zip code residency restrictions that public schools have.  Take a look at St. Joseph's in Philly for football - most kids on that team come from all over the country.

Edited by fafa fohi

6 minutes ago, fafa fohi said:

Private / Catholic schools are not bound by zip code residency restrictions public schools have.  Take a look at St. Joseph's in Philly for football - most kids on that team come from all over the country.

Again, don’t mean to piss anyone off. Just don’t know so I’ll ask.

Are the rules different for hockey since PIHL is its own entity or do hockey programs do basically the same thing?

23 hours ago, Chinstrap said:

Again, don’t mean to piss anyone off. Just don’t know so I’ll ask.

Are the rules different for hockey since PIHL is its own entity or do hockey programs do basically the same thing?

Pure schools are defined by kids from one district. I’ve seen it said that coops can’t be pure because they can recruit. Meaning a child’s family changes public school districts. Not the easiest thing to do. But a private/catholic school can be pure despite the fact that any player can enroll with no physical movement of the family. Sounds duplicitous doesn’t it?

Ive advocated that a co-op school should at least have a choice to play up to be eligible for the Penguins Cup

• Like 1