Pitt leaves CHMA

2 hours ago, Happy Hockey Fan said:

A big difference between Club hockey and beer league is checking. I have known a lot of guys that have never taken a hit, and if they were in a situation where they could get hit, their skills would disappear. It happens when kids move on to checking age. And  in Beer leagues there are many players that skate with their heads down and appear to be pretty good. But would never be good in a checking game because they would get pummeled. 

That is why I asked Danner what level of hockey he has played. I wanted to know if knew the difference between checking hockey at the club level, and non checking hockey in the beer league. Because if you have never been hit, you have no idea what the difference is. 

Im not talking about beginner beer league or over 40  - have you watched the top division at ice castle ? A lot of guys that made it to pro leagues outside of the nhl, minors, small ncaa etc. maybe this division is no longer around, this was pre covid. Some nhl guys would join in the games from time to time. There was a viral video from one of these games - a guy put another guy through the glass. I’m sure it can still be found on social media somewhere. 

On 7/2/2022 at 4:59 PM, Danner27 said:

Im not talking about beginner beer league or over 40  - have you watched the top division at ice castle ? A lot of guys that made it to pro leagues outside of the nhl, minors, small ncaa etc. maybe this division is no longer around, this was pre covid. Some nhl guys would join in the games from time to time. There was a viral video from one of these games - a guy put another guy through the glass. I’m sure it can still be found on social media somewhere. 

Top divisions at UPMC and Ice Castle, Delmont etc, have a lot of Pitt players as well.  I think the team that won it all last summer at UPMC was all Pitt

1 hour ago, Eddie Shore said:

Top divisions at UPMC and Ice Castle, Delmont etc, have a lot of Pitt players as well.  I think the team that won it all last summer at UPMC was all Pitt

now we have resorted to discussing beer league teams. wow summer time sure is slow 

• ROTF 1

On 7/5/2022 at 4:06 PM, PUCKCOVID19 said:

now we have resorted to discussing beer league teams. wow summer time sure is slow 

Might as well start now as that’s where they will end up

don’t worry though I have the utmost faith that the parents who ruined youth hockey and now are starting their way through club hockey won’t be satisfied there, and in 4-8 years will destroy beer league next ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 100 1

1 hour ago, BeaverFalls said:

This is going to be a big increase in travel. Hopefully the program ensures the increased budget for appropriate travel, lodging and meals to help mitigate the fatigue that comes a long with these long road trips. Good luck to them in their move. 

lol they will probably have their players drive themselves to cut costs. 

• Money 1

11 hours ago, PUCKCOVID19 said:

lol they will probably have their players drive themselves to cut costs. 

I’ve seen this. I’ve seen 3 players to a queen size bed and one $5 hot and ready per 4 players all first hand. 

If done right, it’s feasible. And hopefully they do it right. If not, it’s truly exhausting and demoralizing. 

1 hour ago, BeaverFalls said:

I’ve seen this. I’ve seen 3 players to a queen size bed and one $5 hot and ready per 4 players all first hand. 

If done right, it’s feasible. And hopefully they do it right. If not, it’s truly exhausting and demoralizing. 

You just described nearly every road trip I took while playing in college. 

Edited by sample39
Typo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BeaverFalls said:

that's pretty sad if our pinching pennies that bad