junior coach in hot water

20 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

Couldn’t even watch the entire video. Awful. For whatever reason this has been going on in our sport more than others through out the years. 

Unfortunately I don’t think you are right about it happening more in hockey, I think that it is bad everywhere. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Danner27 said:

Couldn’t even watch the entire video. Awful. For whatever reason this has been going on in our sport more than others through out the years. 

Nah, it's EVERYWHERE. 

Remember the Chico Adrahtas case- where they knew and just moved him around like they did with priests? And the parents and kids who knew, but put up with it because "he was a great coach"... 

36 minutes ago, Saucey said:

So disgusting. I think it is becoming more acceptable to report. I pray we do better by our children.

I think you are right about that. I think more and more of these predators are getting caught. At least that's what I hope. I also hope it means that there are fewer of these incidents because people are reporting them and the predators are getting caught.

• Like 1

Actually the terrible thing according to the news article is that he actually isn't in trouble due to weird age of consent laws.  At a bare minimum they should include some sort of power imbalance thing in here for coaches, teachers, etc. 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2022 at 4:31 PM, Stanley PK said:

Check out Safesport's Website, you will see that is in every sport. It's sickening how many people are on the list with suspensions, bans etc. 

That’s only the ones who have gotten caught.  statistically speaking, more players of parents on this site will have played for a deviant during their hockey career than have not.  It’s just the reality of the numbers.

But it’s next to impossible to catch them all. In fact, the ones who do get caught and banned typically are inadvertent or the dumbest of the dumb. Morale crushing when you really think about it. 

Edited by BeaverFalls